Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
    And how does this particular comment of mine lead you to jump to the conclusion that I am saying that the comic book industry is ruined?
    Well to be fair, for a guy that works at a comic shop you do tend to have a bleak outlook at the industry

Quote Originally Posted by Shingen View Post

Yeah, again, I am willing to hear you explain how it is different. I'm open-minded, and willing to listen. The interviews and previews done thus far may not be accurately presenting the premise, or I may be misreading it. But since you are here, and actively reading and posting in the thread, I'd be glad to hear more details or a more well-rounded explanation that may address my possible misconceptions.
    What I would say is, all we've really told you is that mind wipes are being used, to the extent that the members of this team don't know they're on it when they're off the clock. From this, I've seen all kinds of incorrect assumptions about how they'll work. I really don't know why one theory gets more readily accepted than any other, but the one I keep seeing is this notion that there will be no character development in the book because of it. The thing I let out in the press call is, they're not starting from scratch with each mission. There's an a and a b track to their lives now.

It's like people asking how the Hulk can be on a covert ops team. Obviously this is stuff we considered :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Spencer View Post
    What I would say is, all we've really told you is that mind wipes are being used, to the extent that the members of this team don't know they're on it when they're off the clock. From this, I've seen all kinds of incorrect assumptions about how they'll work. I really don't know why one theory gets more readily accepted than any other, but the one I keep seeing is this notion that there will be no character development in the book because of it. The thing I let out in the press call is, they're not starting from scratch with each mission. There's an a and a b track to their lives now.

It's like people asking how the Hulk can be on a covert ops team. Obviously this is stuff we considered :)
    People are going to piss and moan for no other reason but to piss and moan. Everything I've read from you has been phenomenal so I'm going to see where you go with this one. P.S. use Mockingbird frequently.
    X-Poster of the Month: May 2013
    The Best There Is At What I Do

Top Ten Magic Bitches

Can you please tell me everything that happens in the book before it comes out so I can decide if I like it or not?

Thank you.
    Captain Universe is not Monica Rambeau. Monica Rambeau is not in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Can you please tell me everything that happens in the book before it comes out so I can decide if I like it or not?

Thank you.
    While the team believe they're on secret missions, its actually a double mind-wipe and they're a team of strippergrams and children's entertainers. Issues #4 & #5 are a thrilling Bar Mitzvah two-parter.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Spencer View Post

Fair enough. I am willing to withhold judgment and see how this actually plays out, as I trust based on this comment that you have particular notions in mind on how development and mindwipe interplay.

Thank you for your time and answer.
    "That's the thing about the Phoenix. There always has to be destruction... Before rebirth. " - Scott Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Well there's the 7000 comments before that that would lead anyone to that conclusion.
    Criticizing the current business and creative practices of the Big 2 is not the same thing as saying the industry is "ruined".

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I just always assume that SHIELD in the Marvel Universe is something like the CIA or the DIA in the real world.
    The agency's existence is a matter of public record.

The average joe just has no idea what the agency is doing.
    The thing is that SHIELD'S activities, as well as many of their field agents are well known to the general public.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    While the team believe they're on secret missions, its actually a double mind-wipe and they're a team of strippergrams and children's entertainers. Issues #4 & #5 are a thrilling Bar Mitzvah two-parter.
    Don't forget to add the part where if you use the AR app in this book it actually mind wipes YOU!

So each new issue is your first.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

I just always assume that SHIELD in the Marvel Universe is something like the CIA or the DIA in the real world.
    The agency's existence is a matter of public record.

The average joe just has no idea what the agency is doing.
    Beat me to the punch, that's how I view SHIELD. Everyone believes they engage in covert operations, but no one knows for sure (except the various conspiracy theorists, that is). When I heard about the mind wipe plot point, I immediately thought about the short lived Christian Slater's show, My Own Worst Enemy whereby the main character had two distinct personalities, each not aware of the other. I figured this would be something similar whereas the Avengers Prime Black Widow wouldn't be privy to the Secret Avengers Black Widow. And eventually something will occur whereas both personas will leak into each other, a la Secret War. And in terms of calling it Secret Avengers instead of SHIELD, one of the downsides of having a billion dollar movie success is the need to latch on to some of that awareness to generate sales. I'm curious the inclusion of Iron Patriot (beside the link to Iron Man 3) instead of War Machine. While I won't be buying this title, I wish the best to the creative team and hope this is a success.
    Wise men always know more than they tell, but fools tell more than they know.
    --Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by graffiX View Post
    Don't forget to add the part where if you use the AR app in this book it actually mind wipes YOU!

So each new issue is your first.
    Which is why every issue of this volume will be a #1. Debut sales numbers straight-through the entire series!
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Alternate View Post
    Sweet! I can't wait!
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Spenser has already written a run of War Machine/Iron Man 2.0 and a run of Secret Avengers.

So it is possible to judge this book based on past performance.

Spenser has already written a run of War Machine/Iron Man 2.0 and a run of Secret Avengers.

Pretty much.

Sorry, Mr. Spencer, but I didn't care for either of those. Plus, I loathe Fake Fury and all the movie elements driving comic book stories. And with the $4 price, that's three strikes, and out, for me.

Quoted for the ever lovin truth. I have flipped through several issues of his IM 2.0 series and the book consisted mostly of pages upon pages of people talking. I have read most of his 2 THUNDER AGENTS series (the last 3 issues of the first series and all of the 2nd series), and I thought that the book was "OK", I thought that the book was too heavy on talking heads and very light on action. I also didn't like the cliche/done to death "the government/international organization you work for is corrupt" storyline. I have his 4 issue stint on SA, but I haven't read them yet.
    Last edited by Blade X; 12-28-2012 at 09:48 AM.