Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by andthegunslinger View Post
    Niiiice.

That's good to hear. A good strong Riddler run where he causes widescale chaos (rather than being an irritation) would do wonders for his character.
    Hands down, the best Riddler story, before Dini made him legit, was the Dark Knight Dark City arc in Batman 452-454. I won't, as I hope others don't, spoil it if you've not read it. Sufficed to say, it's the best story involving him from before the Dini run.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
    Hands down, the best Riddler story, before Dini made him legit, was the Dark Knight Dark City arc in Batman 452-454. I won't, as I hope others don't, spoil it if you've not read it. Sufficed to say, it's the best story involving him from before the Dini run.
    SPOILER!

This cannot be the best Riddler story since well, you know, it isn't really the Riddler doing the stuff.

I think my favorite Mr.Freeze story is the Jim Gordon tie in to the Battle for the Cowl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Duke View Post

So you've never read the Neil Gaiman Riddler story in Secret Origins Special #1, then.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    So you've never read the Neil Gaiman Riddler story in Secret Origins Special #1, then.
    Gaiman's not a comic book writer, he's a magician. I thought mentioning him in relation to mere comic book writers would be literally blasphemous.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Quote Originally Posted by batman23 View Post
    Anyways, back to the original question. There's a somewhat "origin" story for Mr. Freeze called Snow which collects Legends of the Dark Knight 192-196. It's set around Batman's first year. It's an okay story, art is done by JH Williams.
    I also recommend this story, but the art was actually done by Seth Fisher. JHW was just a co-writer.

The best Riddler story is Batman Confidential #26-28/"A New Dawn", by Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, drawn by the legend himself, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    The best Riddler story is Batman Confidential #26-28/"A New Dawn", by Nunzio DeFilippis, Christina Weir, drawn by the legend himself, Jose Luis Garcia Lopez.
    Yeah, I loved that story. And don't forget Kevin Nowlan's masterful inking. Awesome 3-parter, and if you pick up the tpb (re-titled King 'Tut's Tomb'), it comes with 3 extra Garcia-Lopez Bronze Age issues. Two from Brave and the Bold, and one from Batman. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Neither found in trades, personally true comicbook readers / collectors should actually read somethings called "comics" anyways
    Lol, this guy. Reminds me of my dad. "I cant read these trades because they don't smell like my old comics." If there are pictures on a page that tell a story, it's a comic... just collected.

The New 52 Mr. Freeze story was absolutely great. I know someone will probably argue that point but I've all but given up on what the constantly negative comic 'fans' on these boards think at this point.

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Chris Gage from Avengers Academy did a pretty good one in Legends Of The Dark Knight's last year or so (issues #201-203).

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast Of Yucca Flats View Post
    Chris Gage from Avengers Academy did a pretty good one in Legends Of The Dark Knight's last year or so (issues #201-203).
    Was that the one called "Snow"?

If so, that is a great Mr. Freeze story and some of my absolute favorite art in comics.

Probably Dini's GN if you're talking a proper Freeze story, but IMO the best all around story with Freeze in it is the opening arc of Gotham Central. Chilling. A small but key role

Veteran Member The Beast Of Yucca Flats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theDarkJAww13 View Post
    Was that the one called "Snow"?

If so, that is a great Mr. Freeze story and some of my absolute favorite art in comics.
    No, Ron Wagner drew this one ('Cold Case,' I think).

D. Curtis Johnson & J.H. Williams III provided the writing for "Snow."

I quite like the one where he faced AzBats & Montoya in the morgue. Kind of creepy, but I enjoyed the take. New Knightfall vol 2 is the trade.

As for the Riddler, I really liked the Batman / Judge Dredd crossover that he appeared in. I can't remember the name of it currently, but Riddler was pretty wicked here in his short role.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I don't see how. Mister Freeze was pretty much the only semi-major villain to get a fleshed-out origin in the Animated Series. Everyone else was already all set. TAS didn't do jack for Joker, Two-Face, Catwoman, Penguin, Bane, Poison Ivy, Hugo Strange, Ra's, Scarface or anyone else. They were all already set before the cartoon ever came along. Freeze was really the only one out of them who was a flat nothing prior to the cartoon.

Basically, Freeze was a minor league second-stringer that the cartoon elevated to the big leagues. But all the characters who were already major villains didn't need any help. So no, I reject your theory.
    Two-Face got a pretty fleshed out origin in TAS :-P