Page 15 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

The rationale still does not apply to this situation, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    The rationale still does not apply to this situation, at all.
    How is that?
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Really love how people make assumptions around these parts. When did I ever say that my employees had to take "vile and disrespectful behavior"?
    when you said, "I had plenty of people cuss at me for whatever reason. I still treated them courteously." If you are being cursed out, the line has been crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    when you said, "I had plenty of people cuss at me for whatever reason. I still treated them courteously." If you are being cursed out, the line has been crossed.
    So that means I should start cussing and acting disrespectful towards them?

Must be nice to be able to delete double posts!

Come join the club!

If a customer is disrespectful I'd of course ask them to leave or to stop. It would just be in a respectful way- I would continue to treat them with respect. It doesn't mean I'd let them yell and cuss at one of my employees though.
    If you're being abusive to one of my co-workers or subordinates, the most respect I'll grant is the courtesy of letting you know when I've summoned security. Perhaps I'm jaded from seeing some really nasty behavior, but I have no tolerance for that sort of nonsense.

I don't see why I should ask Steve Wacker to have such tolerance, either.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    If you're being abusive to one of my co-workers or subordinates, the most respect I'll grant is the courtesy of letting you know when I've summoned security. Perhaps I'm jaded from seeing some really nasty behavior, but I have no tolerance for that sort of nonsense.

I don't see why I should ask Steve Wacker to have such tolerance, either.
    Did anyone say he should? I have never said he should bend over and take it. But as others have said, two wrongs don't make a right. A few years ago he got in a battle with a fan who I respected on these boards. He literally told this person to stop reading comics and was condescending towards him. Wacker escalates things with his pompous attitude. That is disrespectful.

That is my issue. I don't condone people treating him poorly or making death threats. Those people are wrong and should loose their internet rights. My issue is more that Wacker and Slott shouldn't stoop to their level.

Come join the club!

How is that?
    From page 3 of this thread:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com...1#post16364942

So that means I should start cussing and acting disrespectful towards them?
    that depends, but one does not need to be kind and courteous to them either.

Must be nice to be able to delete double posts!
    dont follow? where is a double post?

Quote Originally Posted by okpanic View Post
    In contrast, I've seen Wacker give a free comic book code away to a poster who ran into a bit of trouble procuring a comic. Terrible guy, surely.
    I thanked him for that too. stupid ups kept damaging the lcs's asm order.

I have never said he should bend over and take it.
    This...

But as others have said, two wrongs don't make a right.
    Is contradicted by this.

If Wacker doesn't have to take abuse, then it's not "wrong" for him to respond to it. And any response will be seen as "Stooping to the other guy's level" by someone, so that barometer is useless. Either creators can defend themselves, or they can't. We can't subject every post they make to a dozen different personal interpretations of whether or not it's "appropriate to the situation."

Who edits the editors?!!??

Quote Originally Posted by Seresecros View Post
    Who edits the editors?!!??
    i suppose if you mean on the message board, Moderators do

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    This...

Is contradicted by this.

If Wacker doesn't have to take abuse, then it's not "wrong" for him to respond to it. And any response will be seen as "Stooping to the other guy's level" by someone, so that barometer is useless. Either creators can defend themselves, or they can't. We can't subject every post they make to a dozen different personal interpretations of whether or not it's "appropriate to the situation."
    And again you continue to put words in my mouth. I am not saying he can't defend himself. I'm just saying that he has to be respectful. If the person crosses the line then that doesn't mean he should cross the line. It just means he should take the high road because represents a company and an image.

Now your right people are going to be sensitive to what he says and it might be misconstrued. But I've seen him be condescending enough that I don't think it is being misconstrued.

Edit: I'd also add, has anyone seen DC creators behave like this? I don't spend a ton of time on their forums, but I don't usually see them behave in the same way. Maybe it is just a company thing...

Come join the club!

And again you continue to put words in my mouth. I am not saying he can't defend himself. I'm just saying that he has to be respectful. If the person crosses the line then that doesn't mean he should cross the line. It just means he should take the high road because represents a company and an image.

Now your right people are going to be sensitive to what he says and it might be misconstrued. But I've seen him be condescending enough that I don't think it is being misconstrued.
    Speaking strictly as a person here, why? why does he have to be respectful? Why should he have to take the moral road?

I realize I expect a certain level of behavior, otherwise i remove the posts (and I have plenty of times)... but on a human level/non message board level.... why does he have to be respectful and take the high road?

Edit: I'd also add, has anyone seen DC creators behave like this? I don't spend a ton of time on their forums, but I don't usually see them behave in the same way. Maybe it is just a company thing...
    Rob Liefeild (sp?) tends to

I am not saying he can't defend himself. I'm just saying that he has to be respectful.
    No, he doesn't. Some people, by their behavior, don't deserve respect. Particularly if they're anonymous jackbags on message boards.