Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2723
  1. #2251
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Wait, you're not a Man U fan, are you?
    The only thing I'm a fan of when it comes to sport, is turning it off and playing some outside instead
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  2. #2252
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    The only thing I'm a fan of when it comes to sport, is turning it off and playing some outside instead
    Don't see why you can't do both. Why is it either or?

  3. #2253
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    Don't see why you can't do both. Why is it either or?
    Because I find watching sport boring or frustrating.

    Why do something that makes you unhappy?
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

  4. #2254
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    Don't see why you can't do both. Why is it either or?
    I feel the same way about baseball, basketball, hockey, and tennis. I love to play, but I don't like watching them.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  5. #2255
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    What was wrong with Kevin's statement? It's spot on. I'm reading it trying to figure out what you are in disbelief about.
    It's like this. Kevin's statement is clear, there's nothing to disagree about there. It's just so obvious. Also, I guess I have a low tolerance for "crap" on the net since we've recently had a Big debate about hateful comments online. There hasn't been anything as bad here as the stuff media has brought up, but I still don't like the idea that people who just insult others should just be let to do so. I disagreed with what Kevin said, not that I didn't understand it.

  6. #2256
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    It's like this. Kevin's statement is clear, there's nothing to disagree about there. It's just so obvious. Also, I guess I have a low tolerance for "crap" on the net since we've recently had a Big debate about hateful comments online. There hasn't been anything as bad here as the stuff media has brought up, but I still don't like the idea that people who just insult others should just be let to do so. I disagreed with what Kevin said, not that I didn't understand it.
    So you feel you should be able to vent, but when someone else vents back that shouldnt be allowed?

  7. #2257
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    So you feel you should be able to vent, but when someone else vents back that shouldnt be allowed?
    I think one should avoid getting personal. And you're twisting words here...

  8. #2258
    Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    In Moderator land
    Posts
    28,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    I think one should avoid getting personal. And you're twisting words here...
    Define what personal means to you because Id say when someone says X writer sucks, they've gotten personal already.

    If you are going to put your opinion out there, others will judge it and in turn they will judge you based on that... if thats not what you want, Id suggest venting in a different way.

  9. #2259
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Define what personal means to you because Id say when someone says X writer sucks, they've gotten personal already.

    If you are going to put your opinion out there, others will judge it and in turn they will judge you based on that... if thats not what you want, Id suggest venting in a different way.
    Some might even say that saying things like this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    There are tons of examples of Wacker and Slott acting condescending towards readers.
    or this...

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    But it's sad that they view their readers that way. It just is.
    ...is making things personal. Not disrespectful, mind you (because it's just expressing an opinion), but it's still publicly making a personal judgement about Steve and Dan.


    Glass houses and all that.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  10. #2260
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Define what personal means to you because Id say when someone says X writer sucks, they've gotten personal already.

    If you are going to put your opinion out there, others will judge it and in turn they will judge you based on that... if thats not what you want, Id suggest venting in a different way.
    Well, sure. I've always thought that saying "Writer X sucks" is too far, but saying "Comic Y written by Writer X" sucks should be okay. Although I would perhaps say " I don't like that comic". But all this is pretty self evident.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Some might even say that saying things like this...



    or this...



    ...is making things personal. Not disrespectful, mind you (because it's just expressing an opinion), but it's still publicly making a personal judgement about Steve and Dan.


    Glass houses and all that.
    Sure, and I've kinda already apologized to Steve at least. And I think the tone got too harsh on both parts. But I don't really know if you would have said that in a better way if that was your opinion? And surely there are many that need to move on now?!

  11. #2261
    My Turn. Kevin Nichols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    6,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Sure, and I've kinda already apologized to Steve at least. And I think the tone got too harsh on both parts. But I don't really know if you would have said that in a better way if that was your opinion? And surely there are many that need to move on now?!
    Oh, I know you apologized, and I think that was very cool of you. Believe me, I don't think you're a bad person or anything like that. Quite the opposite actually. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but you seem like a pretty level-headed guy to me. I can totally respect that.

    Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course). I was just pointing out that you said it's best not to make things personal, but you had made things personal prior. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a normal person. Usually when there's a disagreement, both people are at fault.


    fred!
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

  12. #2262
    Senior Member Lars C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Oh, I know you apologized, and I think that was very cool of you. Believe me, I don't think you're a bad person or anything like that. Quite the opposite actually. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but you seem like a pretty level-headed guy to me. I can totally respect that.

    Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course). I was just pointing out that you said it's best not to make things personal, but you had made things personal prior. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a normal person. Usually when there's a disagreement, both people are at fault.


    fred!
    Thanks! I try to be respectful, but I have been known to speak (and write) before I think.

    Oh, and now we have TWO persons saying something in swedish! Great!

  13. #2263
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post

    Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course).

    Hey you know what @$$hole? You can go and $%#^&*$ $&%& yourself and dip yourself in $h1& you little puke chunk. And futhermore #@$* you $&$* lopsided $&%^ idiot muther#*$&# $!(8wad. That goes double for Coco.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

  14. #2264
    Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    15,941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Hey you know what @$$hole? You can go and $%#^&*$ $&%& yourself and dip yourself in $h1& you little puke chunk. And futhermore #@$* you $&$* lopsided $&%^ idiot muther#*$&# $!(8wad. That goes double for Coco.
    Hi Schmitty!

    The caramel apples you made are missing a key ingredient: apples.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

  15. #2265
    One Hoopy Frood Schmed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    6,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Hi Schmitty!

    The caramel apples you made are missing a key ingredient: apples.
    So THAT'S the secret ingredient. I think I'll skip it anyways, WHERE THE HELL IS MY CARAMEL BARREL?!??!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

    "First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •