Page 151 of 182 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2723
    Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Nichols View Post
    Wait, you're not a Man U fan, are you?
    The only thing I'm a fan of when it comes to sport, is turning it off and playing some outside instead
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    The only thing I'm a fan of when it comes to sport, is turning it off and playing some outside instead
    Don't see why you can't do both. Why is it either or?

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    Because I find watching sport boring or frustrating.

Why do something that makes you unhappy?
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by ower View Post
    I feel the same way about baseball, basketball, hockey, and tennis. I love to play, but I don't like watching them.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    What was wrong with Kevin's statement? It's spot on. I'm reading it trying to figure out what you are in disbelief about.
    It's like this. Kevin's statement is clear, there's nothing to disagree about there. It's just so obvious. Also, I guess I have a low tolerance for "crap" on the net since we've recently had a Big debate about hateful comments online. There hasn't been anything as bad here as the stuff media has brought up, but I still don't like the idea that people who just insult others should just be let to do so. I disagreed with what Kevin said, not that I didn't understand it.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    It's like this. Kevin's statement is clear, there's nothing to disagree about there. It's just so obvious. Also, I guess I have a low tolerance for "crap" on the net since we've recently had a Big debate about hateful comments online. There hasn't been anything as bad here as the stuff media has brought up, but I still don't like the idea that people who just insult others should just be let to do so. I disagreed with what Kevin said, not that I didn't understand it.
    So you feel you should be able to vent, but when someone else vents back that shouldnt be allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    So you feel you should be able to vent, but when someone else vents back that shouldnt be allowed?
    I think one should avoid getting personal. And you're twisting words here...

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

I think one should avoid getting personal. And you're twisting words here...
    Define what personal means to you because Id say when someone says X writer sucks, they've gotten personal already.

If you are going to put your opinion out there, others will judge it and in turn they will judge you based on that... if thats not what you want, Id suggest venting in a different way.

Define what personal means to you because Id say when someone says X writer sucks, they've gotten personal already.

If you are going to put your opinion out there, others will judge it and in turn they will judge you based on that... if thats not what you want, Id suggest venting in a different way.
    Some might even say that saying things like this...

There are tons of examples of Wacker and Slott acting condescending towards readers.
    or this...

But it's sad that they view their readers that way. It just is.
    ...is making things personal. Not disrespectful, mind you (because it's just expressing an opinion), but it's still publicly making a personal judgement about Steve and Dan.

Glass houses and all that.

Well, sure. I've always thought that saying "Writer X sucks" is too far, but saying "Comic Y written by Writer X" sucks should be okay. Although I would perhaps say " I don't like that comic". But all this is pretty self evident.

Some might even say that saying things like this...

or this...

...is making things personal. Not disrespectful, mind you (because it's just expressing an opinion), but it's still publicly making a personal judgement about Steve and Dan.

Glass houses and all that.
    Sure, and I've kinda already apologized to Steve at least. And I think the tone got too harsh on both parts. But I don't really know if you would have said that in a better way if that was your opinion? And surely there are many that need to move on now?!

Sure, and I've kinda already apologized to Steve at least. And I think the tone got too harsh on both parts. But I don't really know if you would have said that in a better way if that was your opinion? And surely there are many that need to move on now?!
    Oh, I know you apologized, and I think that was very cool of you. Believe me, I don't think you're a bad person or anything like that. Quite the opposite actually. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but you seem like a pretty level-headed guy to me. I can totally respect that.

Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course). I was just pointing out that you said it's best not to make things personal, but you had made things personal prior. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a normal person. Usually when there's a disagreement, both people are at fault.

fred!

Oh, I know you apologized, and I think that was very cool of you. Believe me, I don't think you're a bad person or anything like that. Quite the opposite actually. We disagree on a lot of stuff, but you seem like a pretty level-headed guy to me. I can totally respect that.

Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course). I was just pointing out that you said it's best not to make things personal, but you had made things personal prior. It doesn't make you a hypocrite, it makes you a normal person. Usually when there's a disagreement, both people are at fault.

fred!
    Thanks! I try to be respectful, but I have been known to speak (and write) before I think.

Oh, and now we have TWO persons saying something in swedish! Great!

Would I have said it better? Probably not. I've certainly been known to get fired up sometimes, and I can definitely be a foul-mouthed cretin (not as bad as Schmitty, of course).

Hey you know what @$$hole? You can go and $%#^&*$ $&%& yourself and dip yourself in $h1& you little puke chunk. And futhermore #@$* you $&$* lopsided $&%^ idiot muther#*$&# $!(8wad. That goes double for Coco.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Hey you know what @$$hole? You can go and $%#^&*$ $&%& yourself and dip yourself in $h1& you little puke chunk. And futhermore #@$* you $&$* lopsided $&%^ idiot muther#*$&# $!(8wad. That goes double for Coco.
    Hi Schmitty!

The caramel apples you made are missing a key ingredient: apples.
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Quote Originally Posted by coconutphone View Post
    Hi Schmitty!

The caramel apples you made are missing a key ingredient: apples.
    So THAT'S the secret ingredient. I think I'll skip it anyways, WHERE THE HELL IS MY CARAMEL BARREL?!??!
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."