Page 126 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2723

Quote Originally Posted by poneley View Post
    I think we probably agree on a lot of points. I just think its silly when fans point a finger at creators about rude behavior.
    Cool. I think we agree for the most part.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 02-14-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Not sure exactly what you're saying, but having been in parts of this discussion for a couple of years now it seems what happens is that anybody who dislikes it eventually moves on, and little changes are made. And since the behavior continues we have threads like this popping up throughout the year by newcomers who don't realize this is just how it is and not worth investing too much in to.
    Id say thats a fair assessment.... but not everyone moves on, some stay to "fight the good fight", which then will cause the behavior and the notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Suppose it depends on what one's intentions are.

By the way, if one's foundation is built in a swamp, things might not work out so well.
    "When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England. "

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    "When I first came here, this was all swamp. Everyone said I was daft to build a castle on a swamp, but I built in all the same, just to show them. It sank into the swamp. So I built a second one. That sank into the swamp. So I built a third. That burned down, fell over, then sank into the swamp. But the fourth one stayed up. And that's what you're going to get, Lad, the strongest castle in all of England. "
    Exactly.

And no singing.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Exactly.

And no singing.
    lol but I dont like land.... I want to sing!!!

lol but I dont like land.... I want to sing!!!
    And now we all know who Shaggy really is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YiPC91QUk

I see Gail's point (thank you for posting that.) I imagine that would be like Chris Claremont suddenly sitting at the lunch table that you and your friends are using and suddenly arguing that everyone is being unfair with their unfiltered and private conversations about his work. But this stuff is not private, its a public forum. My disconnect is that the community has always had a long history of interaction between fans and creators that stemmed from the early days of letter pages, to conventions and now message boards. Maybe the best option is for creators to be more absent from the boards? I still see no problem with them giving a snarky response to a rude post-- that was birthed the day we had creator panels at conventions.

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

You mean like a McDonald's employee?
    Ha, I'm sure many do, but yeah. It's not that I don't get the point you made about professionals not being more than they are, but if you tell Chris from Mcdonald's #4152 that he sucks or sucks at his job, he wouldn't offer the type of response that you'd expect out of the type of creator that comes to this board.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Ha, I'm sure many do, but yeah. It's not that I don't get the point you made about professionals not being more than they are, but if you tell Chris from Mcdonald's #4152 that he sucks or sucks at his job, he wouldn't offer the type of response that you'd expect out of the type of creator that comes to this board.
    I wouldn't make that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    As a former McDonalds employee/assistant manager.... I would give back rudeness to overly rude customers. Hell I watched my boss tell someone that the sign says 1 million served and that he didnt need that customers business.

Funny enough the guy was back the next weekend buying the same big mac.

And I worked there for a while... left when they began to change the policies on employees getting free food.

Id say thats a fair assessment.... but not everyone moves on, some stay to "fight the good fight", which then will cause the behavior and the notice.
    You had it right the first time, before you added the additional clause.

Nobody is "fighting the good fight", and nobody else causes the behavior.

You had it right the first time, before you added the additional clause.

Nobody is "fighting the good fight", and nobody else causes the behavior.
    I disagree. Nitpicking every detail of an issue including making up potential rape cases, spending time telling an Editor how they should act online, calling people trollish.... these are all examples of users continuing to behave in ways that spark such behavior.

Its a circle, not a line.

Veteran Member

Right. But when a fan gets on a message board and says a story sucked, should a writer or an editor really feel the need to "correct" him on the matter?
    Are you implying I did this? When did this happen?

In college I think you studied "Pre-Mad"

SW

I disagree. Nitpicking every detail of an issue including making up potential rape cases, spending time telling an Editor how they should act online, calling people trollish.... these are all examples of users continuing to behave in ways that spark such behavior.

Its a circle, not a line.
    But . . . that is a line . . . since the behavior continues you still get (2) people "telling an Editor how they should act online" and (3) calling people trollish . . . That's not a circle. i.e. if it did indeed cease, people would no longer be claiming (2) or (3).

And in regards to (1) fans keep picking apart comic books - You think that should change? Fans should only focus on positives? Simply, if you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Are you implying I did this? When did this happen?

In college I think you studied "Pre-Mad"

SW
    BOO!! Get off the stage.