Page 108 of 182 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2723

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Crime never pays
    That ain't true.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

It's just that we have all these examples of them behaving badly. For all to see. I'm sorry that I repeat myself, but that's just how it is.

Someone accusing Slott of stealing his work? Where?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Not sure that's what he is saying but you seem to be quite fixated on legislating the personal behavior of people. Again, if you don't like Wacker's behavior (and it seems you really, really don't), then that's cool. Tell him so (you have), perhaps write a letter to Marvel and then---if you so choose---boycott the books he edits. But I am not sure of the benefit of continuing to discuss it ad nauseaum here.
    More of what I'm saying is that I was turned off by Wacker's antics so I dropped his books, but I accept the fact that most comic book readers a) don't have any awareness of his online behavior b) out of the ones that do, many of them like it, or don't care and c) out of the fans here who are aware of it, and offended by it, don't act on it, so it won't actually affect how he should act with Marvel's customers.

I support others who voice their displeasure with their treatment, but it falls on deaf ears at a certain point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    It's just that we have all these examples of them behaving badly.
    Lot o' that going 'round.

By the way -- what you actually have examples of are instances where you believe they behaved badly.
    Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

It's just that we have all these examples of them behaving badly. For all to see. I'm sorry that I repeat myself, but that's just how it is.
    and we have examples of them behaving nicely as well.... whats your point? You seem to be willing to ignore the good things in favor of the bad to make your point.

Someone accusing Slott of stealing his work? Where?
    no, we have someone proudly saying they steal Slott's work by reading it without paying for it. Do you feel they deserve respect after making that claim?

and we have examples of them behaving nicely as well.... whats your point? You seem to be willing to ignore the good things in favor of the bad to make your point.

no, we have someone proudly saying they steal Slott's work by reading it without paying for it. Do you feel they deserve respect after making that claim?
    Ah, you mean downloading them? I'm not entirely against that. I've downloaded comics through the years just to buy the ones I've really liked. Nowadays I only buy them. i like reading through comixology.

Well, the bad examples are still there for all to see. It's not like it's hard to make said point.

Ah, you mean downloading them? I'm not entirely against that. I've downloaded comics through the years just to buy the ones I've really liked. Nowadays I only buy them. i like reading through comixology.
    no i dont mean like comixology. I mean illegally. aka Stealing. aka Not paying for it. aka Trying to get something for free and then bragging about how the system was cheated.

Do you feel that person deserves respect from the creator or company they are stealing from?

Well, the bad examples are still there for all to see. It's not like it's hard to make said point.
    And so are the good. Again why are you ignoring them?

no i dont mean like comixology. I mean illegally. aka Stealing. aka Not paying for it. aka Trying to get something for free and then bragging about how the system was cheated.

Do you feel that person deserves respect from the creator or company they are stealing from?

This is really my stumbling block with Lars who, it must be said, seems like a decent and civil chap. We may fundamentally disagree over how upset Wacker's "behavior" makes us but this point is also salient: for every instance of Wacker snarking back at a "fan' there are at least as many instances of him answering a question about a book or character or just chatting comics. There is a bit of myopia on the part of a few people here, methinks.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Yeah. I know what you mean. And I said I used to download comics illegaly before, but bought the ones I liked. But now I just pay for everything. But I'm still not convinced pirates shouldn't be respected.

Well, because i have never seen those instances? Never. So how can I really take that into account? And arrogant behavior is arrogant behavior, however they act on conventions or something.

This is really my stumbling block with Lars who, it must be said, seems like a decent and civil chap. We may fundamentally disagree over how upset Wacker's "behavior" makes us but this point is also salient: for every instance of Wacker snarking back at a "fan' there are at least as many instances of him answering a question about a book or character or just chatting comics. There is a bit of myopia on the part of a few people here, methinks.
    Yeah, but I've seen Wacker get personal without really having a reason to. I've had some insults flung at me, although not very serious ones, not very classy either. But I guess I'm discussing a sensitive subject and could do it in a smoother way...

Yeah, but I've seen Wacker get personal without really having a reason to. I've had some insults flung at me, although not very serious ones, not very classy either. But I guess I'm discussing a sensitive subject and could do it in a smoother way...
    For what it's worth, I've met Slott at signings and at comic cons a few times; he is an incredibly gracious, generous and knowledgable guy. He has an ear-to-ear grin and loves talking comics, will sign whatever you wish and will chat all day if allowed. I've never met Wacker but heard him on a comics panel; very smart guy and very dedicated to the industry. I will say he has a tendency to lash out at fans who either spread falsehoods about his work (lying on the internet; imagine that!) or get snarky with him. Sometimes, an eye for an eye gets a bit messy and I think we have all seen that. Has Wacker ever mouthed off to someone here who hadn't instigated it? Almost certainly. No one asked me, least of all Wacker, but I think he could benefit from throttling the snarkometer down a bit sometimes. Couldn't hurt at the very least.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Yeah. I know what you mean. And I said I used to download comics illegaly before, but bought the ones I liked. But now I just pay for everything. But I'm still not convinced pirates shouldn't be respected.
    So you think someone who steals should be treated with respect by the person they steal from?

If you are bragging to a creator about how you are ripping them off.... Id be inclined to think they will lose all respect for you.

Well, because i have never seen those instances? Never. So how can I really take that into account? And arrogant behavior is arrogant behavior, however they act on conventions or something.
    Really, so when your name was Juxtapozed and RyanParkerMan told you about how he use to act with Wacker and how in person it was different and then how he realized he was causing the reactions and how they changed when he changed... you werent given an example? Again thats one of many youve been told. Even Ben, whom you dont seem to get along with, relayed a story of how Wacker got his military address and mailed him a box of comics.

Why are you ignoring the examples youve personally been given? Why are you saying The behavior is there for all to see and discounting that the same is true for the good behavior, all one has to do is look.

And Ive had that discussion with you before, you as a new poster are coming in at the end of the story. You dont get why certain people get certain responses without any respect being thrown in. Again this stuff doesnt exist in a vacuum, if you really want to see why someone isnt getting respect you can dig and see what they did to cause it.

Here let me give you a hypothetical: If person A says "Your mom is a fat cow" for 5 years and person B then becomes disrespectful back, when person C comes in 2 years after that and refuses to learn why B is disrespectful to A.... its really hard to take person C's stance that B should be a better person to A seriously.

For what it's worth, I've met Slott at signings and at comic cons a few times; he is an incredibly gracious, generous and knowledgable guy. He has an ear-to-ear grin and loves talking comics, will sign whatever you wish and will chat all day if allowed. I've never met Wacker but heard him on a comics panel; very smart guy and very dedicated to the industry. I will say he has a tendency to lash out at fans who either spread falsehoods about his work (lying on the internet; imagine that!) or get snarky with him. Sometimes, an eye for an eye gets a bit messy and I think we have all seen that. Has Wacker ever mouthed off to someone here who hadn't instigated it? Almost certainly. No one asked me, least of all Wacker, but I think he could benefit from throttling the snarkometer down a bit sometimes. Couldn't hurt at the very least.
    Well, Wacker definitely seems like a smart guy. And excellent at snarky remarks. I wish I was better at that. Or I wish I was better at expressing what I want to say in a civil way, like you. But I guess I'm on his black list now anyways, and I still think, as you put it, he could cut down on his snark.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Again, you are lying. And pretty comfortable in doing it unsurprisingly.

The clubhouse atmosphere of Spidey is pretty inviting considering the hundreds of letters we get every week.

SW

Wow Wacker...

So you think someone who steals should be treated with respect by the person they steal from?

If you are bragging to a creator about how you are ripping them off.... Id be inclined to think they will lose all respect for you.

Really, so when your name was Juxtapozed and RyanParkerMan told you about how he use to act with Wacker and how in person it was different and then how he realized he was causing the reactions and how they changed when he changed... you werent given an example? Again thats one of many youve been told. Even Ben, whom you dont seem to get along with, relayed a story of how Wacker got his military address and mailed him a box of comics.

Why are you ignoring the examples youve personally been given? Why are you saying The behavior is there for all to see and discounting that the same is true for the good behavior, all one has to do is look.

And Ive had that discussion with you before, you as a new poster are coming in at the end of the story. You dont get why certain people get certain responses without any respect being thrown in. Again this stuff doesnt exist in a vacuum, if you really want to see why someone isnt getting respect you can dig and see what they did to cause it.

Here let me give you a hypothetical: If person A says "Your mom is a fat cow" for 5 years and person B then becomes disrespectful back, when person C comes in 2 years after that and refuses to learn why B is disrespectful to A.... its really hard to take person C's stance that B should be a better person to A seriously.
    Alright, stealing from a creator and bragging about it is not cool. Not in the slightest. I'll give you that.

Of course he's polite to Ben Smith, he's like his acolyte. Also someone who always agrees with Wacker. The other example? I just haven't seen it. And sure, I don't know the whole story, but about what do we ever know everything? Really? Okay, there might be a good reason for it, and it might not, but I found that AR video (for example) to be in bad taste. That's my point and it has been from the start. Your example is a good one, but when there's a new party, and B is disrespectful to someone else because it was A's fault? Is that a valid excuse still?

Well, Wacker definitely seems like a smart guy. And excellent at snarky remarks. I wish I was better at that. Or I wish I was better at expressing what I want to say in a civil way, like you. But I guess I'm on his black list now anyways, and I still think, as you put it, he could cut down on his snark.
    Don't sell yourself short: I think you do an excellent job of expressinig yourself in a civil and clear manner. I enjoy talking with you very much, even when we don't see eye-to-eye. By the way, I have no desire to be any better at snark; personally,I feel the world could benefit from less and not more snark.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008