Page 106 of 182 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2723
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't get what your military service has to do with your response to Lars.
    I don't care
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Although it doesn't always happen, Slott does spend far too much time on twitter RTing and responding to crazies, or even fans who are frustrated with his Superior work. Even though the vast majority of us on there are praising his work thus far, most of what he responds and RTs are negative posters, whom he continues to laugh at or even try to humiliate. Now I don't know if death threats does this to a person, but he shouldn't be surprised at why some fans feel disrespected. Same goes for Wacker. They will do what they will, and have every right to, but they really shouldn't be confused about how fans feels alienated or disrespected. Since Lars C brought him up, i'll use Snyder as an example. Plenty of crazies and haters on Twitter bashing his batman work, and more recently his Jokers new look. Not once have I seen him get into an argument with someone over twitter or go a RT spam of frustrated fans and say theyre funny. I'm sure some hate bothers him, but he at least takes the high road and just focuses on his great work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    damn straight!
    The new Air Force Aircraft Carrier:

Be careful when speaking. You create the world around you with your words.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSnakeProxX View Post
    Although it doesn't always happen, Slott does spend far too much time on twitter RTing and responding to crazies, or even fans who are frustrated with his Superior work. Even though the vast majority of us on there are praising his work thus far, most of what he responds and RTs are negative posters, whom he continues to laugh at or even try to humiliate. Now I don't know if death threats does this to a person, but he shouldn't be surprised at why some fans feel disrespected. Same goes for Wacker. They will do what they will, and have every right to, but they really shouldn't be confused about how fans feels alienated or disrespected. Since Lars C brought him up, i'll use Snyder as an example. Plenty of crazies and haters on Twitter bashing his batman work, and more recently his Jokers new look. Not once have I seen him get into an argument with someone over twitter or go a RT spam of frustrated fans and say theyre funny. I'm sure some hate bothers him, but he at least takes the high road and just focuses on his great work.
    Yes, that's just spot on. I would suspect Wacker and Slott ARE affected by all the crazies, especially Slott seems to show a thin skin for any criticism. And Wacker is always fast to jump to the rescue. I'm sure Snyder gets a lot of hate too, but he handles it extremely well in that case. The only time I've ever seen him in an argument online was with Rob Liefeld, and I think he handled that one quite well too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    The new Air Force Aircraft Carrier:

that's the old model. the current one has a Starbucks on each corner

SW

that's the old model. the current one has a Starbucks on each corner
    LOL! Indeed!

With regard to people's behavior, I have always found it helpful to keep this in mind:

“The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with watches you shave his face in the mirror every morning.”

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    Yeah, that's classy. Real classy. Kind of shows my point, doesn't it? It's not about inventing anything, you showed it right here and you showed it in the AR video among others. And why should I be dismissive about others telling me I'm full of it? I'm sure you can think of a reason...wait, could it be that I don't agree with them? In general, when someone has to turn to insults just because someone else doesn't share the same opinion...yeah, then it's time to look up the word "respect".
    You've said time & time again that you feel completely disrespected yet you continue to buy Spider-Man twice a month . . . so why exactly should Mr. Wacker, and/or Dan Slott, consider changing their tone or their interactions? The books will continue to sell at the same levels they normally do, and even those who might be offended, like yourself, will continue to buy the book anyway?

Happened for me during The Hurt Locker, for example.
    Curious. What was your personal example from The Hurt Locker? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I think you are bringing your own interpretation to whats on the page. I can see how you got there, but its not how I read it.
    Certainly, an omission doesn't "prove" anything, but typically if that's what the writers had in mind Mr. Wacker would have said so and already blamed the reader for applying his own sick, perverted mind to a completely clean scene in the book. Though, admittedly, I may have missed if that happened here or elsewhere.

And Ben Smith, though we disagree on this subject (and presumably others) I sincerely thank you for your service. It's awesome. Hope you're safe.

With regard to people's behavior, I have always found it helpful to keep this in mind:
    that other dude in the port-a-shower with me?

SW

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    So you mean that as long as you spend a lot of time with fans one can act pretty much any way one pleases?
    Nope, Im saying that interacting with the fans more often and in a wider variety of forms means that one has a great exposure to be seen as not being respectful and to come in contact with those who are not deserving of ones respect.

Yes, I keep saying it, and I keep getting the same question. I haven't met either Dan Slott or Stephen Wacker in person, but the way they behave interacting with fans just show (IMHO of course) arrogance and a lack of respect. The fact that we have a topic with many pages regarding that fact, and I'm not the sole person stating this should speak volumes.
    Honestly, I think it says more about the person lodging the complaint than it does the person being complained about.

For example: You admit to having a rather limited amount of interaction with them and yet you have built a firm conclusion based on that limited interaction. What does that say about your conclusion to you? To me it says you lack the proper information to make the claim you are making.

that other dude in the port-a-shower with me?
    Showers? Boy, you are in the Air Force, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Curious. What was your personal example from The Hurt Locker? Thanks.
    Guy ripping through the desert on his own was one of the biggest things that took me out of the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    You've said time & time again that you feel completely disrespected yet you continue to buy Spider-Man twice a month . . . so why exactly should Mr. Wacker, and/or Dan Slott, consider changing their tone or their interactions? The books will continue to sell at the same levels they normally do, and even those who might be offended, like yourself, will continue to buy the book anyway?
    Yeah, so the fact that a comic is selling well gives them the right to act like arrogant pricks and ridicule fan concerns?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Nope, Im saying that interacting with the fans more often and in a wider variety of forms means that one has a great exposure to be seen as not being respectful and to come in contact with those who are not deserving of ones respect.

Honestly, I think it says more about the person lodging the complaint than it does the person being complained about.

For example: You admit to having a rather limited amount of interaction with them and yet you have built a firm conclusion based on that limited interaction. What does that say about your conclusion to you? To me it says you lack the proper information to make the claim you are making.
    Well, that doesn't have to mean Snyder or Bendis would be in troll mode if they spent more time on forums.

Well, we never know the whole picture about anyone, do we? I have however seen quite a lot of their behavior, so it's not like it's blind assumptions. Besides, why would I do that? What do you really think I want to accomplish by complaining? I know Wacker thinks I just make up things for the sake of complaining, but that says more about that arrogance, IMHO.

BANNED

Not to suck up to Wacker (which seems like a euphemism for some horrible act of human degradation), but I think it's hilarious that Marvel has a guy who will wade into the muck and--whether he's riffing on a clever parody of a troll (like his demented question for Bendis in the Q&A) or mimicking an overly obsessed fan--respond to virtually everything thrown at him, no matter how nonsensical. How many comix guys respond to virtually anything and everything?
    Last edited by Alan Smithee; 02-12-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Smithee View Post
    Not to suck up to Wacker (which seems like a euphemism for some horrible act of human degradation), but I think it's hilarious that Marvel has a guy who will wade into the muck and--whether he's riffing on a clever parody of a troll (like his demented question for Bendis in the Q&A) or mimicking an overly obsessed fan--respond to virtually everything thrown at him, no matter how nonsensical. How many comix guys respond to virtually anything and everything?
    Kinda makes you wonder why he does that, doesn't it?