Page 105 of 182 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2723

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    What are you "not biting"??

And yes, you are correct about Peter being younger than 15----he was 15 when be was bitten by the spider.
    You just wanted to change the subject!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Hence why I said comparing it to other books / writers is a different animal entirely.
    Yeah it is, but Spider-Man is not the only super hero filled with controversy. Sure, so much stuff like Sins Past, the Other, One More Day and so forth might have stretched the patience of many thin, and it might be an explanation, but it still says a lot that it's the Spidey staff that are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thompson View Post
    Aunt May was pretty clearly the agent keeping watch on the front door of the facility where Steve Rogers was transformed into Captain America!

She looks more Russian to me for some reason...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Lars C View Post
    You just wanted to change the subject!

Uhhhhh......you were the one who brought that topic up.
    "What oldschool said"
    The Shadow, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    She looks more Russian to me for some reason...
    Aunt May is a Bolshevik?!?!?!?
    Be all you can be.

So your beef is that they are offensive to a group that is over the top and outrageous to the point of sending death threats in their reactions to the comic? Honestly, Id say they should mock the death threat peeps. That behavior deserves to be the subject of ridicule, but thats just my personal opinion.
    The people who threaten Dan Slott? Sure, they do not deserve much more than pity. But there are many over the top reactions that are NOT death threats. My beef is that tone they've had about this for a while now. And were really any of the letters there threats of any kind?

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Uhhhhh......you were the one who brought that topic up.
    There already is a subject about the age of Aunt May. I was just saying that I write other stuff in this forum too.

Seriously, Aunt May is a Bolshevik?!?!?!?!?!?
    Be all you can be.

Seriously, Aunt May is a Bolshevik?!?!?!?!?!?
    Just throwing it out there...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Just throwing it out there...
    Be all you can be.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Yeah it is, but Spider-Man is not the only super hero filled with controversy.
    thats irrelevant. Spider-man is one of the only comics that has controversy and a creative team that is willing to interact with fans at this level.

Sure batman has controversy. But Snyder is not on the forums mixing it up with fans as often as Slott or Wacker do. Without that level of interactivity there is no way to compare how another writer or editor would react to the more extreme fan base.

The people who threaten Dan Slott? Sure, they do not deserve much more than pity. But there are many over the top reactions that are NOT death threats. My beef is that tone they've had about this for a while now. And were really any of the letters there threats of any kind?
    Again, Im failing to see where the problem is....

thats irrelevant. Spider-man is one of the only comics that has controversy and a creative team that is willing to interact with fans at this level.

Sure batman has controversy. But Snyder on the forums mixing it up with fans as often as Slott or Wacker do. Without that level of interactivity there is no way to compare how another writer or editor would react to the more extreme fan base.
    I've read and heard many interviews with Scott Snyder at this point, and he always comes of as very respectful and even taking the eventual criticisms in a very polite way. I've never seen or heard him laugh at or ridicule any fan.

Again, Im failing to see where the problem is....
    How can you not see the problem? Of course stuff like that video can be percieved as something else than arrogant, but I'm not in a minority seeing it as that either. I still fail to see any instance of the Spidey office showing that they value and respect their fans. Sure, the ones who throw nothing but praise, but look out if you have a different opinion than that. We see that numerous times in this fourm and others too.

I've read and heard many interviews with Scott Snyder at this point, and he always comes of as very respectful and even taking the eventual criticisms in a very polite way. I've never seen or heard him laugh at or ridicule any fan.
    and yet he doesnt spend the same amount of time online with the fans, so again its like comparing apples and oranges.

How can you not see the problem? Of course stuff like that video can be percieved as something else than arrogant, but I'm not in a minority seeing it as that either. I still fail to see any instance of the Spidey office showing that they value and respect their fans. Sure, the ones who throw nothing but praise, but look out if you have a different opinion than that. We see that numerous times in this fourm and others too.
    I guess i dont see it lars. You keep saying the same thing, but Ive seen users whom they spare with here talk about how nice they were to them in person. Hell RyanParkerman has even confirmed that from back when he was super upset with them over OMD. I think hes even shared that with you before your name change.

and yet he doesnt spend the same amount of time online with the fans, so again its like comparing apples and oranges.

I guess i dont see it lars. You keep saying the same thing, but Ive seen users whom they spare with here talk about how nice they were to them in person. Hell RyanParkerman has even confirmed that from back when he was super upset with them over OMD. I think hes even shared that with you before your name change.
    So you mean that as long as you spend a lot of time with fans one can act pretty much any way one pleases?

Yes, I keep saying it, and I keep getting the same question. I haven't met either Dan Slott or Stephen Wacker in person, but the way they behave interacting with fans just show (IMHO of course) arrogance and a lack of respect. The fact that we have a topic with many pages regarding that fact, and I'm not the sole person stating this should speak volumes.

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

He's in the Air Force, not the military.
    damn straight!
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW