Page 63 of 182 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Fine the Void schitzo vs the Amazing, Sensational, Spetacacular Superior Spider-Man

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    I agree with you completely. It's hypocritical.
    you're my wife's favorite ninja turtle
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    you're my wife's favorite ninja turtle
    XD

He's coincidentally my favorite too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    Fine the Void schitzo vs the Amazing, Sensational, Spetacacular Superior Spider-Man
    lol You do remember that the Void/Sentry was a Mary Sue, right? You're already dead and you don't even know it. MWAHAHAHA!

100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

I prefer Leo (or Michaelangelo on the new cartoon)
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    I prefer Leo (or Michaelangelo on the new cartoon)
    They're cool too of course, but on top of his general badassery, Raphael also wields those cool sai's and has one of my favorite colors for his bandana and belt.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Each month CBR posts a column (sometimes 2) with the previous month's info. The math in the relevant post demonstrates, that the numbers used throughout those columns include the double-shipped issues. Saying that the "math used to demonstrate that fact is wrong", is false. The math was accurate in demonstrating that the CBR market-share %'s included double-shipped issues.
    CBR's math is based off the same formula that icv2 uses to estimate the totals based on what diamond gives you. The math works on paper but the result is still an estimate which means to use it as a factual "this is 100% correct" is always wrong. Since the start point is an estimate the math can never be considered right because the result is pretty much always going to be wrong.

Then you add into that its an incomplete picture. There comes a point when youve said this so much and its being ignored for people to make their points using faulty numbers that you just have to laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    I think it's hilarious how people complain about Wacker and Slott's banter with fans online. They can respond how they want. If people don't like it or want them to change, have you tried offering them money?
    So people should only be decent when PAID to do so?

What a mentality.

I don't think Slott's attitude is a problem at all. Not a fan of 700, but the guy is TRYING to put out a great comic and has to deal with rabid out of control fans. I think Dan Slott has a passion for comics.

Based off of reading Wacker on these boards...to me is like the movie exec that doesn't watch movies. Not a fan of the industry...just a numbers guy. So I guess JGC's comment is fitting for Wacker...Pay him money and he will pretend to care about ANYTHING.

But then again...I never met either one of them nor have I "walked a mile in their shoes" so... That's just my perception.
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    Exactly 100 hundred percent correct. Sales estimates are fun to throw around if you're engaging in harmless speculation. The problem are the guys who try to justify there points with estimates. At that point it's not speculation, and it usually isn't harmless either.
    A lot of the people who argue about the numbers don't understand the figures. So they would be unaware of the circumstances under which second printings are included in the estimates (which can throw off comparisons) or that the statement of ownership and diamond estimates don't include digital downloads.

Even with people who are aware of this, there is the problem with any comparison that requires both estimates to be correct. A larger than usual or smaller than usual drop in sales, or a theory about a discrepancy between estimated quantity and estimated dollar ranking, might sometimes be attributed to errors in calculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Earmites View Post
    So people should only be decent when PAID to do so?

What a mentality.

I don't think Slott's attitude is a problem at all. Not a fan of 700, but the guy is TRYING to put out a great comic and has to deal with rabid out of control fans. I think Dan Slott has a passion for comics.

Based off of reading Wacker on these boards...to me is like the movie exec that doesn't watch movies. Not a fan of the industry...just a numbers guy. So I guess JGC's comment is fitting for Wacker...Pay him money and he will pretend to care about ANYTHING.

But then again...I never met either one of them nor have I "walked a mile in their shoes" so... That's just my perception.
    I have never had the impression that Wacker doesn't care about comics. He'll praise stuff like Tomasi and Gleason's Batman and Robin to the stars.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

I have never had the impression that Wacker doesn't care about comics. He'll praise stuff like Tomasi and Gleason's Batman and Robin to the stars.
    After reading him troll these boards for awhile you can only read "It's only a comic" and "As long as it sells" (obvious paraphrasing) so many times before you get the assumption that the guy just doesn't give a spit other than sales.

Then again I'm sure him reading what the fans think over the years could be the reason he posts so dispassionate on the subject of Spider-man...the comic he edits.

I can't say I am familiar with his thoughts and feelings on Batman comics
    The world was blessedly free of honest men and wonderfully full of people who believed they could tell the difference between an honest man and a crook. -Terry Pratchett

After reading him troll these boards for awhile you can only read "It's only a comic" and "As long as it sells" (obvious paraphrasing) so many times before you get the assumption that the guy just doesn't give a spit other than sales.

Then again I'm sure him reading what the fans think over the years could be the reason he posts so dispassionate on the subject of Spider-man...the comic he edits.

If he didn't care about comics, he probably wouldn't post. That and the easiest way to get a responce out of Wacker (goat's blood and donuts aside) is to slag off a colleague of his, so I wouldn't really peg him as apathetic. Think that anyone who decides to communicate with fans (good and bad) on a frequent basis has to develop a coping mechanism and sarcasm just happens to be his.

Besides, "it's only a comic" and "buy it only if you like it" are not at all bad things to keep in mind for a very large chunk of the discussions around. If people stuck to them, there'd be fewer occasions of fans spewing bile accross the forum. I dont mean that it happens every single day, but it's still unpleasent when it does.

Btw, love the sig. Going Postal, right?

The man speaks with great passion about comics and his work. Not sure how you would think otherwise. When he hears people shaking their fists and shouting "You ruined my childhood!" or something along those lines he states the obvious. It IS only a comic. Nothing wrong with a dose of reality for those fanatics now and then.

EDIT: I can't seem to remember him ever saying "As long as it sells." Telling a few vocal posters that the book is selling well despite their claims of not buying it and the sales slipping is far, FAR different than saying "As long as it sells."
    Last edited by Schmed; 01-02-2013 at 02:02 PM.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    The man speaks with great passion about comics and his work. Not sure how you would think otherwise. When he hears people shaking their fists and shouting "You ruined my childhood!" or something along those lines he states the obvious. It IS only a comic. Nothing wrong with a dose of reality for those fanatics now and then.

EDIT: I can't seem to remember him ever saying "As long as it sells." Telling a few vocal posters that the book is selling well despite their claims of not buying it and the sales slipping is far, FAR different than saying "As long as it sells."
    Which is the last thing that will calm them down in anyway. I get the feeling many times that he enjoys tweaking them, playing Dogbert to all the Dilberts out on the net.

Veteran Member

Belleville!

Are you a Cards fan?

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler007 View Post
    ad homonym attacks
    I've never seen him attack people with words that have more than one meaning.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Belleville!

Are you a Cards fan?

SW
    Bellevegas!
    Go Cards!
    "Cyclops is gonna fry for what he did. Can't wait!" - Cancerous