Page 59 of 182 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    I enjoy running my business, but the customers ruin it.
    Yea but you probably wouldn't be in business without those customers. That is the conundrum of working in restaurants. I love running a kitchen but I got sick of the customers.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

haha I know, but, why can't people just be civil. Majority of people know what it's like to be around awful people, but they continue to act like asses. I personally, don't do what I wouldn't like done to myself and I do to people the way I want to be treated, most of the time, I do have my off days, just like everyone else.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    I always loved the people that would eat the whole meal and then come up with a bite left and complain it wasn't what they ordered. We had a guy complain one day about three different hot dogs on the last bite. We finally told him we were sorry but we couldn't remake his food.
    damn 3 times before you told him no. I worked at Mcdonalds as a teen and we told a guy no on the first one. Dude bought a big mac and wanted no pickles. He at it all but the last bite and then came to complain. We told him tough luck. He said hed never be back, our owner told him that was fine, mcdonalds doesnt need his money when they have a billion served on the sign. He came back the next week. I laughed.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by satchmo the dragon View Post
    Are you a robot? Alien?
    He's a dragon.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It seems that in most of these discussions (and this is at least the fourth iteration of the Should Wacker & Slott comport themselves differently online thread) there are references to objectionable behavior but no specifics.

Wacker & Slott have nearly 10,000 posts between them. It shouldn't be too difficult to provide a link to an earlier post as an example of what you're criticizing either professional for. That way, others can determine if they agree with your assessment or if there's something that puts the comment in a different context, such as the posting history of the Spider-Man fan in question.
    I've called many people out on this and asked them to find direct quotes. People never seem to find it. As you said, it should be pretty easy.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    I've called many people out on this and asked them to find direct quotes. People never seem to find it. As you said, it should be pretty easy.
    "Will it go round in circles? Will fly high like a bird up in the sky?"

Come join the club!

Dying Wish goes "Boink" Farmernudie's Avatar

Well, ....to be fair....all of their obnoxious stuff has been long deleted...so one can't just go find it among all of their quotes when the garbage and recycling gets taken to the curb in a tidy fashion every tues or thursday ;)
    Ok....Superior Spider-Man is kinda interesting, i admit....that being said....i miss Peter Parker and that there isn't a "real" spider-man monthly being published

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    my Facebook comic group is generally much more civil, as well as the comments on Slott and Wacker's FB pages. that happens when you get a real name and face with the comment.
    You have a FB group? Invite me! (please)

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    "Will it go round in circles? Will fly high like a bird up in the sky?"
    Okie dokie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Brown View Post
    Okie dokie.
    We've done this dance already in the 879 posts of this thread. People gave quotes. We argued about context. People gave other quotes. We argued about context. Then someone said we need quotes and people found others. Than Wacker made fun of some people. That fueled the fire. Then Ben Smith made some comments that fueled the fire. We talked about football on Sunday. More quotes were given.

I had just commented that this thread was going in circles and then you kind of perpetuated that. Nothing personal.

Come join the club!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    These threads usually boil down to people who want to tell me (and others) to "Shut up!....Oh, and answer ALL my questions...but SHUT UP!"
    SW
    For someone who's quick to throw out the victim card towards others, I find this post somewhat ironic.

Is anybody in this thread telling Mr. Wacker to shut up?

Also, I can see how the "answer all my questions" thing can get pretty annoying. People do get excited when they see him here and start asking him a lot of questions.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 01-01-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Third option: Some of those pros aren't likely to get as much snark, because they're not doing the same job.

[snipped. You can view the full quote by clicking on the little arrow thing next to Mr. Busiek's name]

kdb
    Mr. Busiek, thanks for the thoughtful response. As usual, you've given me a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmernudie View Post
    Well, ....to be fair....all of their obnoxious stuff has been long deleted...so one can't just go find it among all of their quotes when the garbage and recycling gets taken to the curb in a tidy fashion every tues or thursday ;)
    This is true, and appears to be the best response. Instead of engaging him, simply report the insulting post.

I wish I could just buy a spaceship and fly away from all of these arugments on this thread. It's so sad that we see comments directed toward and coming from some creators up here. This saddens me.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    No, OMIT is crap. It doesn't exist as a story in and of itself but to clean up the continuity of another story.

This is without getting into the "explanations" as to how continuity was changed. (And the changes were beyond stupid. The super geniuses couldn't save Aunt May but Peter performing basic first aid saves her?)
    "Super geniuses", that's not insulting at all. It's amazing, I see posts like this all the time but when the creator calls them out all the sudden they are shouting "you should act in a professional manner!!!!".