Page 58 of 182 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas-Con View Post
    And sorry but Sentry was a terrible character he was a poor answer from Marvel to rival Super Man and in the end he was just bad.
    You can either take that back or we can't be friends.

I don't know about anyone else, but this discussion keeps going in circles...
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    you must be thinking of wacking, and you'd still be wrong
    A duel, then! A wacking duel for the honor of Stephen Wacker!

Where's my white glove to slap you with?
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    For most people the point of the ignore list is not to avoid disagreement. We can disagree without being disagreeable. But some people prefer to be the latter.

As a mod, I can't put anyone at CBR on my ignore list. I have used the option twice on another message board. One time it was with a guy I disagreed with on political and religious matters, who was really obnoxious about it. The other time was a really annoying fan of the current Marvel comics. I often agreed with him, but I thought he was being a jerk about it.
    These threads usually boil down to people who want to tell me (and others) to "Shut up!....Oh, and answer ALL my questions...but SHUT UP!"

It's nothing to take too seriously.

Hey do you folks like White Rabbit?

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    These threads usually boil down to people who want to tell me (and others) to "Shut up!....Oh, and answer ALL my questions...but SHUT UP!"

SW
    SHUT UP!

...and, yeah, she's pretty cool. Kinda miss her giant robot-bunny with the rockets.

SHUT UP!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post

SW
    Personally, I like any woman in a rabbit costume.... I was going to make a mom joke but I just couldn't stoop that low...

Come join the club!

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Actually, I do like White Rabbit and the Walrus. We need these 2 back!

It's Typeface that I hated! Glad he died!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but this discussion keeps going in circles...
    yep. its also why this conversation continues to pop up.

Essentially it comes down to a lot of factors. Some of it is fan entitlement. Some of it is obvious ban evaders. Some of it deals with peoples opinions on the ignore feature.

I think many dont see how something theyve said is the cause. Saying "Marvel is clueless" doesnt attract a positive conversation. But as can be seen above, when the non-positive response occurs.... it is felt unwarranted. Id say if you truly want it to stop, you look at what you say a few times before you post it. If you say marvel is clueless and Wacker is the editor of the book you are mad at... hes likely going to associate marvel with him (much like people did with that old its magic quote on joe quesada that was paraphrased by jms to be what "Marvel" said). In essence thats calling him clueless.

Thats why this thread will continue to go in circles, eventually die down and then pop back up later on.

I feel I should be able to call Marvel clueless and then shake a finger at them for allowing their employees to respond to me in a way I do not find properly butt-kissing enough.

Since my job sucks and I don't get to do the same thing to my customers.

-Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Yeah, but that was settled once you found out I do most of my posts from my phone, right? For the record, I promise I'm not a previously banned user. :-)
    The phone thing technically doesn't settle anything, but I'm sure you're not a previously banned user, although that's mainly due to personality and presence on the board.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

I love that everyone has freedom of speech, but only if you are agreeing with their opinion. If Dan and Stephen want to speak their minds in their own way. More power to them. Their words can't harm you in anyway. Get over it if you don't like their responses and don't talk to them. If you want to know real fun, work as a manager or waiter at a restaurant or own one like I do. The customers are worse than angry comic book fans. I've had people say our food tastes like garbage.... I had a face palm moment and just said, "I wouldn't know, I don't eat garbage." They walked out without paying after eating everything, so it couldn't be that bad if they ate it all. Call the cops to report theft and guess what I found out, our cops don't care about people not paying for meals under 20 dollars. I said to the officer, "good to know the next time I'm in a store, I will steal under 20 dollars." That shut him up and after he left, I left a complaint about the officer at the station. Haven't seen him since.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    I love that everyone has freedom of speech, but only if you are agreeing with their opinion. If Dan and Stephen want to speak their minds in their own way. More power to them. Their words can't harm you in anyway. Get over it if you don't like their responses and don't talk to them. If you want to know real fun, work as a manager or waiter at a restaurant or own one like I do. The customers are worse than angry comic book fans. I've had people say our food tastes like garbage.... I had a face palm moment and just said, "I wouldn't know, I don't eat garbage." They walked out without paying after eating everything, so it couldn't be that bad if they ate it all. Call the cops to report theft and guess what I found out, our cops don't care about people not paying for meals under 20 dollars. I said to the officer, "good to know the next time I'm in a store, I will steal under 20 dollars." That shut him up and after he left, I left a complaint about the officer at the station. Haven't seen him since.
    Anyone who's ever worked retail knows what it is like, anyone who hasn't can't imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post
    I always loved the people that would eat the whole meal and then come up with a bite left and complain it wasn't what they ordered. We had a guy complain one day about three different hot dogs on the last bite. We finally told him we were sorry but we couldn't remake his food.

We also had a big issue with fake bills in a store I was in. We hired a lot of high schoolers and they were naive enough to fall for tricks. I chased one guy down the street. It sucked. Bill was awful too and I couldn't believe the girl fell for it.

Come join the club!

I'm not surprised... When I was in retail, people would try to bounce fake bills off of me all the time...

We've had only one encounter with fake bills in the 14 years I've been running the place or the only ones that we noticed were obvious and the banks didn't catch it either.

But, the worse customers that I hate the most is the ones who act like they are in the right no matter what and even if you gave them free meals or a gift certificate, they will try and find MORE things wrong so they can get more free things. My oldest brother got so sick of this one guy after we bend over backwards for the guy that he just told him to get the fuck out cause we can tell when someone is bullshitting us, but most of the time, you have to pretend that you agree with them up to a point and that point was found.

I'm just getting sick of this entitlement people are getting nowadays. It's getting worse all the time with customers that come in our place. I enjoy running my business, but the customers ruin it!

edit: this video sums up my feelings about all of this :)
    Last edited by spider-prime; 01-01-2013 at 10:03 AM.