View Poll Results: Should the Diana Prince secret identity exist

Voters
93. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

    37 39.78%
  • No

    30 32.26%
  • Maybe

    6 6.45%
  • Depends on the reason

    20 21.51%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 170
  1. #106
    Needs more lesbian RandomFalls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    lol - I love this one. Except, wouldn't nearly every Amazon then have the same last name.
    I suppose so, but they'd be more like Phillipus WhythehellwasIreplacedbysuchasimilarcharacter or Io Hephaestusandhisboysclubputmeoutofajob-Jones.

  2. #107
    New Member TrekkieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Mastic NY
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    The world at large is ran by governments that recognise you as a citizen.
    If you are going to walk around in a foreign nation - ANY foreign nation- , you need to have some sort of identification (among other things, but letīs not complicate matters for now).
    Heck, if she wants to rent a room in NYC and order room service she has to have some sort of document that can attest to her being who she is (and havign credit to pay for what she orders).
    In these circumstances, I think the UN would be the ideal organism to do so, since it would mean all nations of the world acknowledging her as a person.

    Now Iīm sure some of the more jingoist crowd in here would rather have the USA (U.S.A.! U.S.A.!) be the one to hog her for themselves and issue her ID papers but the other 6 billion people who are not americans would rather not.
    So, in the works of our good president Obama, "Letīs compromise."
    The U.N. it is.



    But she IS Diana of Themyscira.
    Sheīs not Diana of Ohio, is she?
    And she doesnīt have a surname, does she?
    Or is hippolitaīs real name "Hyppolita Prince" too?
    "Prince" is not her surname, is it? (Last time I checked, sheīs not a "Prince", sheīs a "princess. And "Diana Princess" just sounds dumb).
    So, yes, she IS Diana of Themyscira.
    Wonder Woman is just a nickname someone gave her.
    Now who is comparing the Real world to a fictitious one?

    The day that it is proven that someone can hide their identity by the means you are talking about real or fictitiously, I want to know who did the writing and directing.

  3. #108
    Senior Member UsagiTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Different beasts altogether.
    Also, we don't know if Diana has an invisible plane in this new iteration.
    The invisible plane is something that funny and that why I want it back but since she can fly I don't know. If the amazons did live in tribes and if they did have marriage on the island than two amazons would be able to mess the names like. Razor Thunder. If the amazons did live in tribes what do you think the different will be and how the become a tribe.

  4. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Yeah, not all heroes need to be clean like Superman. Or Batman. Or Flash. Or Green Lantern. Or. Or. (...).
    Itīs not like sheīs an inspirational figure or anything.

    I mean, whatīs wrong with a "little" felony among heroes?
    Itīs just identity theft and impersonating a us citizen to gain access to classified intelligence, no harm, no foul.
    Batman inspires, and he cripples people!

    Yeah, yeah. At least she's paying taxes.

  5. #110
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrekkieGal View Post
    Now who is comparing the Real world to a fictitious one?

    The day that it is proven that someone can hide their identity by the means you are talking about real or fictitiously, I want to know who did the writing and directing.
    Eventually, I may have to accept that most of the time I have NO idea what you're talking about.

    Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    The invisible plane is something that funny and that why I want it back but since she can fly I don't know. If the amazons did live in tribes and if they did have marriage on the island than two amazons would be able to mess the names like. Razor Thunder. If the amazons did live in tribes what do you think the different will be and how the become a tribe.
    There's a lot you can work with here, if youīre creative.
    I could see a tribe settling by the coast and over time specializing in fishing.
    The best swimmers in all Themyscira, on the battlefield they'd look like a greek variation of the retiarius (roman gladators with nets and tridents).
    Another tribe lost in the wilderness could have a quasi-mystical talent for herbs, potions, poisons and stealth.
    Etc, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Batman inspires, and he cripples people!

    Yeah, yeah. At least she's paying taxes.
    1. Itīs Batman.

    2. He cripples BAD people.

  6. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post


    1. Itīs Batman.

    2. He cripples BAD people.
    Some of those petty Gotham crooks probably have permanent brain damage. For shame.

  7. #112
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Some of those petty Gotham crooks probably have permanent brain damage. For shame.
    Batman inspires fear.
    He uses fear, violence and intimidation as his tools to spread terror among criminals.

    Wonder Woman inspires hope.
    She uses diplomacy, proportionate force and compassion.

    Think you can spot the difference between the two? ^_^

  8. #113
    CBR Mod/WW Section Mom Gaelforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Southern New Jersey
    Posts
    3,369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Batman inspires fear.
    He uses fear, violence and intimidation as his tools to spread terror among criminals.

    Wonder Woman inspires hope.
    She uses diplomacy, proportionate force and compassion.

    Think you can spot the difference between the two? ^_^
    These days?

    No, not really ;)

    In JL, it's Batman who's the voice of reason and compassion while Diana is the one cutting throats and slicing open teammates...

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Batman inspires fear.
    He uses fear, violence and intimidation as his tools to spread terror among criminals.

    Wonder Woman inspires hope.
    She uses diplomacy, proportionate force and compassion.

    Think you can spot the difference between the two? ^_^
    We weren't comparing them like that. He's not pure, but he inspires people to greatness, like Batwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin, and Azreal. Diana can still be inspirational while using a fake i.d. Huntress steals money from her alternate universe and she's still a hero.
    It's not like Wonder Woman sues her fake i.d. for evil, and she even has a job and pays taxes and rent. She needs down time. How could she get a secret identity without creating a fake person?
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 12-28-2012 at 10:16 PM.

  10. #115
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    These days?

    No, not really ;)

    In JL, it's Batman who's the voice of reason and compassion while Diana is the one cutting throats and slicing open teammates...
    Thatīs Johns' Diana, also known as Wonder Wizarro.

    Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    We weren't comparing them like that. He's not pure, but he inspires people to greatness, like Batwoman, Batgirl, Robin, Robin, Robin, Robin, and Azreal. Diana can still be inspirational while using a fake i.d.
    Thatīs a VERY good message to send to the kids.
    "Kids, itīs A-okay to break the law, as long as you have good intentions."

    Huntress steals money from her alternate universe and she's still a hero.
    1. "Huntress"? Really?

    2. "Hero" is used for everything these days, innit?


    It's not like Wonder Woman sues her fake i.d. for evil, and she even has a job and pays taxes and rent. She needs down time. How could she get a secret identity without creating a fake person?
    She needs down time?
    She puts a pair of jeans and hits the beach like everyone else.
    No need to forge illegal documents, lie about who she is and commit felony for an ice cream.
    Last edited by Eliseu Gouveia; 12-28-2012 at 10:52 PM.

  11. #116
    Senior Member Zagreus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Doen't work, because Hippolyta isn't called Hippolyta King.
    Hippolyta didn't immigrate to the states, however- I wonder if "Prince" is just a contrivance. An easy out would be that Steve Trevor said something like "Do you have a surname?" And Diana was puzzled by the concept. And came up with something on the spot for the paperwork so that Steve could get her a passport, green card, etc. Hence, Diana Prince, of Themescyria. Not saying that they go that route, but it could be something they use. (A short bit of cutsey dialogue, in one of the comics, and it's done) It's her "name" but it's not real, just her "US" name.

  12. #117
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    In that case, she should have come up with Diana Princess.

  13. #118
    Senior Member UsagiTsukino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,140

    Default

    I pefer Diana Prince to Diana Princess sound much. Diana of Themyscira works as well.Unless her full name will be Princess Diana Prince of Themyscira
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 12-30-2012 at 12:25 PM.

  14. #119
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,010

    Default

    I feel having a secret identity, forces the character to have a set supporting cast and a city to live in. Something that has been surely missing since Perez removed her secret idenity.
    Creativity involves breaking out of established patterns in order to look at things in a different way.
    http://songoftheethereal.blogspot.com/

  15. #120
    Gone
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Outside looking in
    Posts
    14,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    I pefer Diana Prince to Diana Princess sound much. Diana of Themyscira works as well.Unless her full name will be Princess Diana Prince of Themyscira
    Did Diana even know what a "prince" was, growing up in the all-female island of Themyscira?

    [provocateur]
    Yeah, I can understand her wanting to use the male name "Prince" instead of the female "princess".
    Guys ARE so much cooler than girls.
    Who wants to play with dolls when you can run around with a penis, er, I mean, sword chopping people's limbs off...
    [/provocateur]

    <- ducks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •