Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb More of DC's WildCATS puzzle pieces fall into place with...

... Ladytron debuting in March 2013's Team 7 issue. That's 2 WildCATS alumni in 2 months as another CAT debuts the month before in February.

First Eclipso. Now WildCATS? I am loving what Justin Jordan is doing at DC.

UPDATED: More thoughts on WildStorm in the New 52: DC seeds a New 52 WildCATS that's doomed by Stormwatch?

Last edited by Babos; 12-24-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    - John Babos

Follow me as BabosScribe on Twitter & Facebook + check me out at Comics Nexus.

Interesting Stuff
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Oh I hope that is true! I want a good WIldC.A.T.s team back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Ramone View Post
    Oh I hope that is true! I want a good WIldC.A.T.s team back!!
    The lack of critical response to a Wildstorm character heavy New 52 Stormwwatch probably means that any new WildCATS team in the New 52 would be blended almost 50-50 Wildstorm characters with DC "proper" characters. HOWEVER, maybe DC has faith in Justin Jordan.
    - John Babos

Quote Originally Posted by Babos View Post
    The lack of critical response to a Wildstorm character heavy New 52 Stormwwatch probably means that any new WildCATS team in the New 52 would be blended almost 50-50 Wildstorm characters with DC "proper" characters. HOWEVER, maybe DC has faith in Justin Jordan.
    I would have no problem with that if they did it right. And not messed with their origin to much more than they already have. WildC.A.T.s really could be DC's X-Men if handled right.

So far we have
    1.Spartan
    2.Ladytron
    3.Warblade
    4.Zealot

Plus it would make more sense if they did a mix between Dc/Wildstorm Characters since most of their history's are different
    Last edited by robcastor729; 12-22-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    So far we have
    1.Spartan
    2.Ladytron
    3.Warblade
    4.Zealot

Plus it would make more sense if they did a mix between Dc/Wildstorm Characters since most of their history's are different
    We also have Voodoo and Grifter popping around the New 52. Plus we also saw a reference to the Majestic Project in the same Team 7 teaser for the Spartan debut in February 2013.

So that makes it:

5. Grifter
    6. Voodoo
    7. Mister Majestic (TBD)

Just need Emp, Maul and Void now. ;)
    Last edited by Babos; 12-22-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    - John Babos

Quote Originally Posted by Babos View Post
    We also have Voodoo, Grifter and Warblade popping around the New 52. Plus we also saw a reference to the Majestic Project in the same Team 7 teaser for the Spartan debut in February 2013.

So that makes it:

5. Grifter
    6. Voodoo
    7. Warblade
    8. Mister Majestic (TBD)

Just need Emp, Maul and Void now. ;)
    Warblade is already #3 on his list.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Warblade is already #3 on his list.
    Fixed. Thanks.
    - John Babos

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I actually just started reading the Alan Moore run on WildCATS which introduces Ladytron, so now I'm REALLY looking forward to her first appearance in the DCU. :)

As for a new WildCATS team, while I'd definitely want some of the big characters in there--Grifter, Zealot, Voodoo, Spartan--it would be cool to see some DCU characters in there too. I think characters like Firestorm or Captain Atom could have a Void-esque role. Really, any of the Red Hood & The Outlaws group would probably fit right in. I'm tempted to add in Nightwing, partly for the WTFery and also so he can be in a group again.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    I actually just started reading the Alan Moore run on WildCATS which introduces Ladytron, so now I'm REALLY looking forward to her first appearance in the DCU. :)

As for a new WildCATS team, while I'd definitely want some of the big characters in there--Grifter, Zealot, Voodoo, Spartan--it would be cool to see some DCU characters in there too. I think characters like Firestorm or Captain Atom could have a Void-esque role. Really, any of the Red Hood & The Outlaws group would probably fit right in. I'm tempted to add in Nightwing, partly for the WTFery and also so he can be in a group again.
    Good call with Firestorm & Captain Atom. I didn't even think of them.

Also since Warblade is connected to N.O.W.H.E.R.E. & Catlian Fairchild (sorry if I missed spelled her name)
    Plus Warblade & Caitlin two of 13 genetically enhanced metahumans that Harvest played a part in creating

Quote Originally Posted by robcastor729 View Post
    So far we have
    1.Spartan
    2.Ladytron
    3.Warblade
    4.Zealot

When did Spartan show up? I always thought he could be the Captain America-like character in the DCU.

I want WildCATS only if Grifter is the leader. I'd like Caitlin Fairchild to join the group in her proper costume, and add New 52 Cheshire that teamed up with Grifter in his solo series. Others I would want are Zealot, Voodoo, New 52 Black Canary, and Rose Wilson. I'd also want Deathstroke to be their archenemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    When did Spartan show up? I always thought he could be the Captain America-like character in the DCU.
    Team 7 #5
    • The secret history of the DCU’s original Cyborg Program!
    • Who is Spartan? And what is the threat of the Majestic Program?
    • Slade Wilson takes his first steps down the path that will lead to his becoming Deathstroke!

Sweet! Plus hopefully we'll started to get some backstory on DCU Midnighter and Apollo.