Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Actually, I've changed my mind. My least favorite Strange was the version of him in the animated adaptation, where the Ancient One was physically and emotionally abusive and Wong was built like a linebacker.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Polaris was possessed and mind-controlled at least twice when Claremont wrote her. Kinda annoying. PAD's Polaris was written much better.
    Lorna was a non-character when PAD got her the first time. The only direction she could go is up. Chuck Austen wrote the definitive Polaris.

Mark Steven Johnson's murdering Daredevil.

If films don't count, though, then probably Kevin Smith's. Matt is portrayed as an easily duped moron throughout the bulk of his eight-issue run. Other runs on the Daredevil title itself might have been worse (truth be told, I'm not a fan of either Ann Nocenti's or Tony Isabella's work on the title, and Chichester's and Diggle's stuff is each somewhat of a mess), but Smith didn't know how to write Matt in the slightest. He pretty much had a (half-baked) story idea and very clearly wrote the character around it.

- Manning
    "The conjuction of ruling and dreaming generates tyranny." - Michael Oakeshott

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Thor- arrogant movie version that didn't learn anything
    But...he did learn...

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hawkeye- grim assassin with no sense of humor
    There I somewhat agree, but we did see some humour (though grimmer than 616)...during the brief periods he wasn't possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Greatest_Username View Post
    Chuck Austen wrote the definitive
    There's a phrase I don't read often...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Hope is my least favorite version of Jean Grey.

Favorite: Black Panther

Least favorite version: Roy Thomas era Avengers.
    Creepy Black Brotherhood Member

Brother Judge will leave you in Fudge.

Have You Failed Me Brain? Deadpool2442's Avatar

Deadpool.
    My least favourite would be Noir Deadpool. Too serious.

[QUOTE=vh4ever;16363703]
    Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Including DC???? JLA??? Animal Man?? Action? All-Star Superman?

Yup. God awful. Toss in Mark Millar and Alan Moore too. Both of them a couple of whiny bitches, whose appeal I've never understood. Waid would've done wonders with the 'Magnificent 7' when he was working magic with Wally West.

I've nothing vested in All-Star Superman or anything in the new 52 until Aquaman. Grant Morrison will send me running like Homer finding out Marge is pregnant.
    Waid did work on JLA following Morrison and it sucked. I'm not a fan of Morrison but his JLA was ace. Best super-hero team book i've ever read.

The worst take on my favorite characters though? Morrison on X-Men. I hated everything about that run. Xavier having a evil twin, the mutant kids taking over because of a mutant drug, Magneto killing people because of a mutant drug, Xorn being Magneto, Genosha being destroyed for shock value and all the other concepts from Mutant X aka Mutant Ten to the guys taking mutant organs to the freakish angel. Never been more repulsed by a coming run with high expectations, it's almost like Morrison did a character-assassination on the X-Men on purpose. He said himself he didn't care about them before taking over, he compared them to the Jerry Springer show.
    Legato - Frank, Calm Down Your Nerd Rage!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Hope is my least favorite version of Jean Grey.
    Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    There's a phrase I don't read often...
    He did something no writer ever did with the character. He made her matter to the X-Men books which carried on through Milligan's run and the beginning of Brubaker's where he unfortunately ONLY read Claremont's version (which of course sucked) so he left her in the space limbo.

Spider-Man (Peter Parker): Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon. Just awful.

Gerard Johns Savage Wonder Man, head to head with Bendis' same take on the character.

Peace

Latverian Tourism Bureau Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    I love Emma Frost, and I hate her interpretation in the movie XMFC. Even Yost's Emma seems not that bad comparing with the one in the film.
    Every time I watch this on cable lately, I can't believe how terribly bland January Jones is in this role. If she was trying to portray arrogance and attitude, she failed miserably. I wonder if the director wanted her to act that way or just realized how awful she was and gave up giving her any direction.
    "...Doom's enemies have not the mettle to challenge him host to host, tooth to nail... As economic and military options fail them, they resort to simple rudeness."

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadey10 View Post
    Favorite: Black Panther

Least favorite version: Roy Thomas era Avengers.
    I don't remember Thomas doing much with him one way or the other, but this along with the Kirby/Lee FF is actually the version that helped make the Panther one of my favourite characters when I was a kid, mainly because of the John Buscema/George Klein artwork: Kirby for the concept and Buscema/Klein for the visual image.

Any version of Superman since the Silver Age.

Nobody seems to have a clue what to do with him anymore.

Claremont's Captain Britain: arrogant, incompetent, foolish and boorish, he was inadequate in nearly every way. I've heard worse came later, but I didn't put myself through the Lobdell issues.