Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Predator jp View Post
    haven't read Northlanders yet. should i?
    Yes absolutely.
    BB

BANNED

Second that.

Rory posted:
    Something with Romans in would be good. Romans are awesome! (IMO)

If there are already any good comics with Romans in let me know ;)
    I remember reading something with time traveling commandos being there on a mission for the Vatican.

Any ideas about the title.

That would be Pax Romana by Jonathan Hickman
    "Continuity doesn't really matter! Clarity is overrated! Let the fun begin!" - Kid Flash

BANNED

Yeah, that's the one.

Don't know - I think Pax Romana would have been a cool book - but felt a bit odd as comic

Quote Originally Posted by obii View Post
    Don't know - I think Pax Romana would have been a cool book - but felt a bit odd as comic
    I really liked it. In fact, I'd say it's the last Hickman comic that really felt fresh to me. Granted, I like a design heavy art style and don't mind huge info dumps.

I did not mind the info dumps, just that the story could have been so much more and the space in the comic was not adequate.

And yes his graphic design made me buy nightly news, though I disliked the ending of that.

Northlanders is pretty good, certainly not a title I expect to see anything like in the coming years. I would like some sort of historical thriller or episodic mystery, like Northlanders, focused on the Middle East or North Africa prior to World War Two?

is age of bronze still around? i have the first three hardcovers, but with its bi-monthly schedule i had a whale of a time keeping up with it. great trojan war epic, though.

BANNED

How long was this?

I might check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    is age of bronze still around? i have the first three hardcovers, but with its bi-monthly schedule i had a whale of a time keeping up with it. great trojan war epic, though.
    I don't think Shanower has done much with it over the past few years. (He's been busy with his Oz books at Marvel.) It's a great book with exceptional art, though.

So many come to mind! There are vast numbers of lost/ancient civilizations that we don't know a lot about that would make for some fun fictitious speculation. Ancient Egypt, the Mayans, how the different Native American tribes co-existed and the introduction of Anglo Saxons to North and South America. The establishing of trade routes between Asia and Europe around the time of Marco Polo would also be a rich source for historic fiction. King Kamehameha and the Hawaiian Islands also have a very vibrant history. A mini-series on Pompeii would also make for an entertaining read....