Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Riggs isn't cool. Riggs is a fuck up. But he's an entertaining as all hell fuck up. Great acting all round. Tight direction. Shane Black just killed on this script, too.
    Fuckups and antiheros are generally more interesting that straight arrows. Yeah, Shane's script was dognuts. He's never quite matched it.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Fuckups and antiheros are generally more interesting that straight arrows. Yeah, Shane's script was dognuts. He's never quite matched it.
    debatable...I was always a fan of Murtaugh, the normal cop who gets pulled into Riggs' crazy shit but can handle it
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    debatable...I was always a fan of Murtaugh, the normal cop who gets pulled into Riggs' crazy shit but can handle it
    Both guys are great. One is a foil for the other. "Dirty" Harry Callahan is a great character, one of my favorites, but I wouldn't label him a straight arrow.

LaLa Land always discounts a good number of soundtracks to half-price or greater at their SD Con booth. I've picked up some of McReary's BSG music (that I didn't already have), Fielding's The Mechanic, The Howling and other cool titles I'd normally not splurge on.
    True. But I get my stuff through Screen Archives Entertainment. Anyway, the first film's soundtrack has been out of print for ten years now and if you want it, you'll have to spend at least a hundred bucks whenever it shows up at Screen Archives Entertainment. The sequels don't have that problem, but I'll just wait for the inevitable box set. If "Friday The 13th" can get a boxset for films one through six, so can "Lethal Weapon".

Love Lethal Weapon one of my top 20 or 25 favorite films of all time.Also really loved Lethal Weapon 2 and has one of my favorite lines and scenes ever in "It's Just Been Revoke" only wised that they would have ended at 2 with Riggs dieing like it was in the original drafted script.Part 3 and 4 were pretty much a huge let down and got way to over the top and goofy.

It's funny: as the films went on Riggs got less crazy, while as time has gone on, Gibson has gotten more crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by TomServoFan View Post
    This month is the 25th anniversary to one of the coolest action movies and one of the best christmas themed movies ever which is perfect for holiday viewing.
    The first 1 was Xmas related? I didn't remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverTaskmaster View Post
    I loved the first one. Hated the rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Logan View Post
    Love Lethal Weapon one of my top 20 or 25 favorite films of all time.Also really loved Lethal Weapon 2 and has one of my favorite lines and scenes ever in "It's Just Been Revoke" only wised that they would have ended at 2 with Riggs dieing like it was in the original drafted script.Part 3 and 4 were pretty much a huge let down and got way to over the top and goofy.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    True. But I get my stuff through Screen Archives Entertainment. Anyway, the first film's soundtrack has been out of print for ten years now and if you want it, you'll have to spend at least a hundred bucks whenever it shows up at Screen Archives Entertainment. The sequels don't have that problem, but I'll just wait for the inevitable box set. If "Friday The 13th" can get a boxset for films one through six, so can "Lethal Weapon".
    Yeah, they go hand-in-hand, LaLa, Intrada, SAE, BSX, etc. (Only I never buy from BSX because they get their stuff from the other three and mark it up.). How about that definitive Conan The Barbarian score that finally got a proper reissue? Best orchestral film score ever, IMO.

A friend flipped his F13 box set pretty quickly. He got triple what he paid for it. I couldn't believe somebody would pay that much for that. The music's cool, but not THAT cool.

Hell, yes, we need a comprehensive LW film score box. It must happen.

A friend flipped his F13 box set pretty quickly. He got triple what he paid for it. I couldn't believe somebody would pay that much for that. The music's cool, but not THAT cool.
    But you're not a big fan of it like myself and the individual who paid triple for what it sold for originally. See, that's one of the big problems with limited edition soundtracks. Some people go out of their way to do that on purpose, so that they can make a profit on it. Meanwhile, the rest of us just want the music that we've waited for, for many years. I waited on the Friday box set for thirteen years, since that's when I really got into liking it. So as soon as it was announced in November of last year, I set aside my money and as soon as it was available to order, I snagged myself an autographed copy. Same with the Superman set, only I waited eighteen years on that one. And was fortunate enough that FSM was able to do a second run.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper
    The first 1 was Xmas related? I didn't remember that.
    Yes, it took place at Christmas. But it did not come out in December of 1987. It came out on March 6th, 1987. All the sequels came out between May and July. The first film was available on home video by at least November of 87.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    But you're not a big fan of it like myself and the individual who paid triple for what it sold for originally. See, that's one of the big problems with limited edition soundtracks. Some people go out of their way to do that on purpose, so that they can make a profit on it. Meanwhile, the rest of us just want the music that we've waited for, for many years. I waited on the Friday box set for thirteen years, since that's when I really got into liking it. So as soon as it was announced in November of last year, I set aside my money and as soon as it was available to order, I snagged myself an autographed copy. Same with the Superman set, only I waited eighteen years on that one. And was fortunate enough that FSM was able to do a second run.
    Of course. I've paid for Basil Poledouris' score for Conan The Barbarian four times (and not-a-one boot), including the 2CD set that came out not long ago with all the music rerecorded with a modern-day orchestra with Basil's tablature. When they announced the new 3CD edition, it smelled fishy, like they sat on the tapes or found them but didn't want to hurt the sales of the previous edition and waited. Thankfully, I already have 98% of the film scores I like, since I'm uber-picky when it comes to that stuff. I'm an archive nut when it comes to a couple other genres, though.