Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default REVIEW: Supreme, #67

Erik Larsen's wrapping up his short-lived "Supreme" run with a fight between Mean Supreme and Omni-Man from "Invincible," even as the other Supremes try to find a way to get their powers back.

Full review here.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Erik Larsen's wrapping up his short-lived "Supreme" run with a fight between Mean Supreme and Omni-Man from "Invincible," even as the other Supremes try to find a way to get their powers back.

Full review here.
    Review:

Interesting to see where this is going in light of the fact that there is only one more issue left.

* Omni-Man seems like an equal in power with Jerk Supreme, which is good because it at least gives us hope that Jerk Supreme can be defeated.

*Darius Duck also seems resigned to a situation in which he has nothing to lose by helping the unpowered Supremes, and I can't help thinking that New Supreme still might find a way to get at least HIS powers back.

*Adding another new alien character at this point seems an unusual choice in light of only one issue left, but I hope it is either a positive addition to the plot, or just a slight distraction in bringing this all to a conclusion.

* BY THE WAY THE INDIVIDUAL WRITING THIS REVIEW HAS DATED INFORMATION - LARSEN HAS SAID THAT HE CAN'T DO AN 80 PAGE CONCLUSION (ALONE) AND IT WILL BE A NORMAL SIZED ISSUE. My concern, like many, is that if #68 is going to be just a normal sized issue -- there will be a lot of ground to cover in rushing to a conclusion - like using Omni-Man (who seems at this point eager to find Jerk Supreme), dealing with the Alien, getting rid of (or depowering) Jerk Supreme, giving New Supreme, and maybe the other Supremes, his/their powers back, all by the last page. Let's see if #68 can deliver.

Lord, I hope so. I suppose we'll find out tomorrow...

He may not necessarily wrap up all those points in his run but leave them to the next writer. Just as Moore left (or would have left) his run on the brink of the battle between the Supremes and Dax'.