Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    The person running DC's twitter is nothing but a pr/marketing employee, hell, probably an interen. Read the DC twitter feed, they don't ever converse with anyone about anything, it's just links to news posts or their store. Same with their facebook profile. It's not a person who talks to people, it's just marketing. They're never, EVER going to address behind the scenes crap like this.
    Fair be it to me, I wouldn't want dirty laundry from companies on my Twitter or Facebook. You aren't going to tell the public that you fired someone cause that isn't going to bode well.

It would be kind of cool if they give Simone Catwoman as an apology after Nocenti gets finished crashing and burning it.
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    It would be kind of cool if they give Simone Catwoman as an apology after Nocenti gets finished crashing and burning it.
    Please don't say that. I was so looking forward to her coming to Green Arrow and not been much improvement to me. Granted its got some character... not sure I like but still better than bland. But not to Catwoman *cries* Though honestly, except for tie ins, I don't think Catwoman has had a good arc since her first.

How would they apologize to me then?

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    How would they apologize to me then?
    People don't usually apologize for doing something awesome:P
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Both Simone and Greg Rucka have gone on record as hating the Catwoman character, which always surprised me given that they are two writers associated with strong female characters.
    DC: Wonder Woman
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye
    Creator-Owned: Fables, Fatale, Lazarus, Saga

Quote Originally Posted by Brack360 View Post
    Both Simone and Greg Rucka have gone on record as hating the Catwoman character, which always surprised me given that they are two writers associated with strong female characters.
    I'd imagine the facts aren't unrelated, and I don't find it that surprising tbh.

Huh, since when did Simone hated catwoman? Didn't she just a write a "Batgirl" annual where she had Barbara appear a fangirl of catwoman? It should have been called catwoman annual guest staring Batgirl. Doesn't she talk about how much she enjoyed writing her in her tumblr?

Links of this hate please for both rucka and simone. I don't see evidence of it from simone.
    Last edited by batalia; 12-31-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by batalia View Post
    Huh, since when did Simone hated catwoman? Didn't she just a write a "Batgirl" annual where she had Barbara appear a fangirl of catwoman? It should have been called catwoman annual guest staring Batgirl. Doesn't she talk about how much she enjoyed writing her in her tumblr?
    That Batgirl annual was so awesome. I would love to see more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    DC are geniuses for doing this.They fired Gail Simones and wait one week and let all the fans rage.Everybody makes her a martyr, then they hired her back causing the Batgirl sales to be higher.
    The sales for Batgirl were already HIGH. In fact, Batgirl outsold both Detective and Batman & Robin -- and was DC's #4 book -- weeks before Simone's firing was announced!
    "If God is the answer, the wrong question has been asked."

The Dominoed Daredoll batGRRRl4ever's Avatar

So the DC website says that guest-writer Ray Fawkes is on for issues #18-19, and the current leaked cover for #19 shows someone falling to their death:

Batgirl's dad Jim is in the background trying to save the person falling, while it looks like Batgirl/Barbara is letting this person fall to their death on purpose. We already know that issues #17-18 both deal with Barbara/Batgirl vs her brother James Jr. And the cover to #19 that looks like a gatefold has what seems to be a person wearing a brown trenchcoat, something "normal" that James Jr. seems to prefer.

So it could be speculated that Gail Simone had objected to the death of James Jr. Gordon, possibly wanting this to be a more longterm character, but the editor wanted James to get off'ed. Thoughts?

(One LOL note, I didn't know that batarangs came in XXL size!)
    Pull list:
    Batgirl, Inhuman, Justice League Beyond 2.0, Letter 44, She-Hulk, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Ultimate FF (lol, 5 of my 8 titles all written by SOULE)

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

Well there goes that dream. I loved Brubaker's Catwoman and thought Simone could take it to that level. Oh, well.
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls, Ms. Marvel

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I don't know about Rucka, but I'm pretty sure Simone likes Catwoman.

simone isn't on brubaker's level
    Grandparents dead - please no jokes

make mine DC, thanks

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Are you sure? I thought his Uncanny X-Men run was worse than anything I've seen from Simone.