Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

If only public outcry changed the other poor moves at DC.

You Can't Dye My Hair GoldStarz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Wow. DC listens to their fans. Marvel, take a note.
    Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    It's so awesome that DC apparently took from the power of social media at least a little bit in this case when they saw the outcry from the fans and anger that such a quality product would be taken away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shepherd492 View Post
    I don't actually read Batgirl, but it is great to see that enough outcry really CAN change horrid decisions like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tumblr_lyh20riKfF1qdep0so1_1280.jpg  

The curious one.

I was sort of hoping that she had won 50 million in powerball and was starting her own comic book company. Oh well, this'll do.

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldStarz View Post
    Those are nice, where did they come from?

Quote Originally Posted by ticklefist View Post
    Was holding out hope for the dream team of Gail Simone and Amanda Conner returning to the characters they do best, the ladies of Worlds' Finest. Hopes dashed.
    Conner back on PG would be great of course, but Gail's never written Helena Wayne, has she? The book does need a new writer though, that much is certain.
    Last edited by Ed Sizzers; 12-21-2012 at 03:21 PM.

"The Tardis, when working properly, is capable of many amazing things. Not unlike myself."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Those are nice, where did they come from?
    I found it on tumblr. It's by Mike Kevan (as you can see in the corner).

I was looking forward to a new writer on Batgirl and Simone to try her hand at something else. Weren't they saying that they had plans and the Batgirl editor jumped the gun?

I just thought of something, this may be the start of DC's response to Marvel NOW. Whereas as Marvel moves their folks around and renumber their books and call it something new and unique. DC fires its writers and then herald that same writer will be writing the same title making the title a must read now!
    Last edited by Fate's Faith; 12-21-2012 at 03:31 PM.

I kinda wished she was off the book for at least a little while so DC could see in sales what a huge mistake they made.

I'm still never gonna buy the book, I was just against editorial treating their talent in such a tyrannical and moronic way.

Quote Originally Posted by batGRRRl4ever View Post
    Agree with the highlighted. But still.....

I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy!
    My sentiments exactly, but in the Daniel Bryan voice. XD
    Check out my webcomic:
    Rival Angels
    The #1 Wrestling Webcomic
    CHECK OUT MY KICKSTARTER

Oh thank GOD! Good for her. Batgirl is the one title I would buy even if I didn't have the money, I mean even if I was FLAT broke I would find a way.

Unthought about consequence of this decision is that Gail Simone can do wtf ever she wants. What is her editor going to do if he tells her to do something and she tells him to go blow it out is @$$? Cause he obviously cant fire her.

hehehe
    Batgirl, Superman/Wonder Woman, Detective Comics, Worlds Finest, Batman/Superman, The Movement, Astro City, Kick Ass 3, Miracle Man, Nightcrawler, Red Sonja, The Star Wars, Sandman: Overture, The Maxx

Quote Originally Posted by T Hedge Coke View Post
    Considering how many different people are on the internet, I'm not sure how you can be surprised that some of them have different opinions than others.
    Same can be said about DC. It's not a monolith. It has many different editors that do the hiring and firing of talent. Editors are also replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by net06 View Post
    Oh thank GOD! Good for her. Batgirl is the one title I would buy even if I didn't have the money, I mean even if I was FLAT broke I would find a way.

Unthought about consequence of this decision is that Gail Simone can do wtf ever she wants. What is her editor going to do if he tells her to do something and she tells him to go blow it out is @$$? Cause he obviously cant fire her.

hehehe
    I think it will have the opposite consequence. She's showing she's not ready to fully leave DC or Batgirl now and the only reason there was so much controversy is because of the way she was fired, next time something like this goes down, they'll either get their way or they'll fire her in a correct manner, maybe even get her to sign something saying that she can't talk about why she was fired, either.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Hey, good for Gail!

If there were any writer who could have gotten me to read this book, it probably would've been her.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Doesn't Want To See That! coconutphone's Avatar

Yay! What a great Christmas present!
    Schmitty's Evil Twin.

Great move by DC. Even if some people don't enjoy her writing, they've definitely made up for a huge mistake that alienated a load of Batgirl/Gail fans.