Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Axel-In-Charge - Dec 21, 2012

In the first of a two-part A-i-C exploring the year that was, Axel Alonso recalls the moments from "Avengers Vs. X-Men" that surprised even him and unpacks big debuts for Ant-Man, Nova and Nick Fury, Jr.

Full article here.

BANNED

Because whoever walks out of this alive is going to have to live with the decisions they made in this story.
    $10 Liu takes over X-23 after this book and makes more pseudo-lesbian adventures with Jubilee and doesn't address anything that happens in Arena cause Laura is too precious.

Give some high stakes to Colossus and Hawkeye, then.
    Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
    Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
    Classy as always, Marvel.

BANNED

i liked most of the preview art for the book we have gotten so far, and im sure this was just a quick done cover but Jesus Christ look at Spirals Fingers, especialy on the right side.
    pretty bad cover. that said other than the fingers spiral looks ok.

Axel, I love what you're doing, love Marvel NOW. Great job.

I am concerned about Avengers Arena. It's very hard to swallow a book about kids getting murdered post-Newtown. I understand the story points you make, how any good story involves putting your protagonist thru the hardest things imaginable. I get it. But the specifics of this story were deeply troubling, even before last week. And And after, it's very hard to understand. (The fact that the death in issue 2 was such a throwaway -- there's no other way to show there's a ceiling than by killing a girl we've just met-- is a case in point.)

Love you guys, but I wish you would reconsider this title. It's a terrible time for it.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post

I am concerned about Avengers Arena. It's very hard to swallow a book about kids getting murdered post-Newtown. I understand the story points you make, how any good story involves putting your protagonist thru the hardest things imaginable. I get it. But the specifics of this story were deeply troubling, even before last week. And And after, it's very hard to understand. (The fact that the death in issue 2 was such a throwaway -- there's no other way to show there's a ceiling than by killing a girl we've just met-- is a case in point.)

Love you guys, but I wish you would reconsider this title. It's a terrible time for it.
    then it should be a terrible time for most of their titles. superheroes live violent lives. Havok just got shot in the face by his nephew, for instance.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    then it should be a terrible time for most of their titles. superheroes live violent lives. Havok just got shot in the face by his nephew, for instance.
    But is not dead. In fact, a lot of the other heroes are having it pretty easy. Not to mention, THEY WEREN'T KIDNAPPED ON CHRISTMAS EVE!

Also, Red Raven was an established character. Not a new face.

Marcus is not the Samuel L. Jackson Nick Fury.
    That's funny Axel.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Do Axel and Brevoort ever allow interviews that aren't ad/fluff pieces? Like, you know, serious criticism?
    "I was handed a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler."--Jack "King" Kirby

They really trying to sell the new Nova. Eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannon View Post
    Do Axel and Brevoort ever allow interviews that aren't ad/fluff pieces? Like, you know, serious criticism?
    Like what happens in so many other forms of entertainment?

(that was sarcasm)
    Every week, I write about the science in comic books and what it says about our real world!
    Check it out, if you'd like!

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post

I'm assuming you also want production on the Hunger Games movies to stop?
    Primary pulls: X-Factor, Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Avengers Arena, X-Men: Legacy, Uncanny X-Force, FF, Archer and Armstrong

Oh yay! Yet another Illuminati cover without Namor! And by the awesome Bianchi. Thanks a lot, Axel.

Black Fury. LOL! He just gets more and more ridiculous. And so much for claims that he wasn't going to be running SHIELD and would be a field agent.

Yes, his appearance will be friendly to those who gravitate toward the Sam Jackson Fury, but to me what's exciting is that we've got another African American power player in the Marvel Universe.

Whatever grudge I had in 2012 is gone. 2013..Im back on board for Marvel. Your offerings are just too damn good.

I hope the new Captain Marvel is an Avenger. The pages below are just awesome panel work. I may gripe But I have to say you guys have the best looking books....they tactile appease the hell out of my eyeballs.

Nice work!

Last edited by RolandJP; 12-21-2012 at 03:51 PM.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Assimilation or Death Omega Alpha's Avatar

This "interview" is so full of ass-kicking that it makes me sick.
    That's right! Al Gore invented the internet, let's all go kick his ass!

I got your inconvenient truth right here, motherf*&%!

Donald M.