Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The where are they Marvel NOW thread.

With the recent shake up I thought it would be a good idea for a hero-map so that we could all track out fav superpals.

With this in mind i'll start with a few 'Missing Heroes' of my own, so please post if you know the whereabouts of the follow:

Captain Britain

Union Jack

Gambit

Rogue

Pixie

Gambit has his own book, doesn't he? or did it get cancelled already?

Rogue is in Uncanny Avengers.

File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightBirdFlying View Post
    Captain Britain

While we have nothing concrete, half of the young heroes in Avengers Arena come from a school named 'Braddock Academy'. I believe that the writer has confirmed the 'Braddock' in question IS Captain Britain, which given Arcade is the villain of the piece would make sense. Brian and Arcade have history.

There's also a new character called 'Kid Britain' on that book. As to whether Brian himself will actually show up, I cannot say. Like I say, nothing concrete yet.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    While we have nothing concrete, half of the young heroes in Avengers Arena come from a school named 'Braddock Academy'. I believe that the writer has confirmed the 'Braddock' in question IS Captain Britain, which given Arcade is the villain of the piece would make sense. Brian and Arcade have history.

There's also a new character called 'Kid Britain' on that book. As to whether Brian himself will actually show up, I cannot say. Like I say, nothing concrete yet.
    Avengers Arena sounds worth picking up. :) Thanks.

Mighty Marvel UK Citizen Willow616's Avatar

Union Jack was last in the recent Spider-Man story Ends of the Earth (was that what it was called?). I'd like to see an Invaders Now series in this age of Marvel Now......he'd be such a good fit for Secret Avengers.

Captain Britain will probably get the shaft from Marvel after Secret Avengers for a while until they can hand him over to someone who will treat him well and build the character back up............................so then when he's used again after that someone can then break him down again and turn him into an arsehole. Wash, rinse, repeat (Me cynical?)
    AVENGERS UK! A free fan comic made by fans for fans! Stiff upper lip old bean!

Quote Originally Posted by Willow616 View Post
    Captain Britain will probably get the shaft from Marvel after Secret Avengers for a while until they can hand him over to someone who will treat him well and build the character back up............................so then when he's used again after that someone can then break him down again and turn him into an arsehole. Wash, rinse, repeat (Me cynical?)
    Sad. But most likely true. Captain Britain was always a little high concept for most Marvel writers I've often thought. The only way many in the past have been able to approach him is often to simply show him in a single panel, drinking tea from a tiny China cup, in full mask and uniform, watching some more 'important' Marvel event from big old fashioned drawing room chair...

Not because that has anything to do with the character, just because 'That's how British people are, right? Somebody'll find that funny...' rather than ever learning anything whatsoever about the character.

Still narked that they made no effort to do some kind of 35 yr aniversary One Shot last year. :)
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Songbird
    Mach VI (whatever he is these days)
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones / Cage

Are all, currently, missing.

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    Songbird
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones / Cage

I know that Luke Cage's parting words in New Avengers don't GUARANTEE another Heroes for Hire series. But if they did one I'd like all 4 of those characters in it.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

Ghost Rider!!!
    Peter Parker is my lord and saviour.
    Show Teddy some love!
    "I want Apex to feast on Reptil like a pregnant khaleesi." - Sanji
    MY ART

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

I'd like to see Ghost Rider at some point. But like for real.

And I haven't seen Lyra.

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    Songbird
    Luke Cage
    Jessica Jones / Cage

I'm willing to bet Jessica Cage-Jones will be in a relaunched HEROES FOR HIRE, it just seems so obvious.

Aldo missing though, as far as I'm aware, are Moondragon, Mantis, Firestar, Quicksilver and Justice.

Cheers.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

With the recent shake up I thought it would be a good idea for a hero-map so that we could all track out fav superpals.

With this in mind i'll start with a few 'Missing Heroes' of my own, so please post if you know the whereabouts of the follow:

Gambit

Rogue
    I really hope you don't call yourself a fan of these characters if you don't know where they are. One is in the heavily promoted Marvel Now launch title Uncanny Avengers and, even if it hasn't been making much noise, the other's solo title has been out since August. They don't belong in a "missing heroes" thread, at all

Avengers Arena sounds worth picking up. :) Thanks.
    Try not to get too attached, new characters are perfect for killing off in a book where murder was promoted since day 1

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    I know that Luke Cage's parting words in New Avengers don't GUARANTEE another Heroes for Hire series. But if they did one I'd like all 4 of those characters in it.
    Bendis did hint at a new Heroes For Hire book.

Anyway, Rogue is in Uncanny Avengers, she isn't missing.

Immortal Weapon Prince Of Orphans's Avatar

Ghost Rider needs to shake things up and kick some ass. The Immortal Weapons as well. What I'd give to see them show up the Avengers.
    Follow @MarvelWOWFacts on Twitter!

Ghost rider, coming back as major force!
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)