Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    It's not that, at least why I would think of it. She comes from an all female society that is ostensibly based on Greek culture on some level. The Greeks were generally very sexually open and stuff. I mean, it would make sense.
    Ancient greeks may have been more open about male homosexuality, but they regarded women as property, mere breeding machines to be locked at home pumping out babies.

It was not History´s most shining example of women's rights you may be hoping for.

Never mind
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 12-22-2012 at 11:19 PM.

BANNED

Knew this thread had potential.

No, I am aware of the Greek's intense hatred of women. But if we're talking about an all female Greek based society, then same sex women-women love seems the obvious result.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

I can not take the question seriously only because where is it written that Amazons HAVE to be lesbian? This i once again the machinations of the human mind trying t make sense of what is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. If you going to make her lesbian then fine...but how about make an ORIGINAL CHARCTER before they start making Batman and Robin Gay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkieGal View Post
    I can not take the question seriously only because where is it written that Amazons HAVE to be lesbian? This i once again the machinations of the human mind trying t make sense of what is a FICTIONAL CHARACTER. If you going to make her lesbian then fine...but how about make an ORIGINAL CHARCTER before they start making Batman and Robin Gay as well.
    I understand opposition to the idea...but it's not that insane. She comes from an island where there are only women. Prison rules, yo.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    I understand opposition to the idea...but it's not that insane. She comes from an island where there are only women. Prison rules, yo.
    Understandable, but wasn't it these very reasons that brought the end of the Golden Era of comics? Also this would be counter productive in several areas considering there seriously would be very little reason for Diana to even leave Thermyscira. Seeing what directions DC has gone in the past, they probably will, but even as someone in a same sex relationship, I look at this as simply bringing reality to a fictional character...the last thing we really need is reality.
    Last edited by TrekkieGal; 12-23-2012 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Typoss duh

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lovelikewinter View Post
    I'm pondering would DC ever make Wonder Woman a lesbian? The character was built on the ideals of alternative sexual practices. She was a how to book of bondage and kinkin the golden age. Would DC ever make the move and have Wonder Woman a lesbian or bisexual? What would the fallout be? Would sales rocket? Could the public handle Wonder Woman like this?

Attachment 106048
    A better question might be...

"Why should Wonder Woman have all the fun?"

Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    A better question might be...

"Why should Wonder Woman have all the fun?"

Because we already have Apollo and Midnighter?

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post

Ha ha ha ha!

Mike Staczynski should have explored that angle when he was writing Wonder Woman. When they had all these different faces of Diana appear around her they should have mentioned a version who was a lesbian.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TrekkieGal View Post
    They do make original gay characters (there's one in Teen Titans) you just don't pay attention to them and ignore them and then wonder why they don't make more gay characters. And despite culture allowing more sexual freedom, I don't think we're ready for a pedophilic, incestuous couple and hopefully we never will.

Gone

Who´s "you"?

I just thought of something... what if the reason Wonder Woman left Paradise Island is because she didn't want to be a lesbian. First man she found, she didn't kill him. She left with him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    I just thought of something... what if the reason Wonder Woman left Paradise Island is because she didn't want to be a lesbian. First man she found, she didn't kill him. She left with him.
    Considering how little Johns' Diana seems to know about anything regarding human interaction, I consider that as an unlikely reason.

Honestly I think she wanted to forge her own path, have her own adventures and such. And Steve was her ticket to get off the island.