Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Gone

Ooops!
    Only noticed this post just now:

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Ok, so, Zeu, let me get this straight - you think the Amazons are bad because they want to judge an entire group of people as bad and not allow for any good in that group, and thus, we should not listen to anything they have to say?
    I never said the Perez amazons were bad.
    I find them pityful and hypocritical on ocasion but not downright bad.
    I´m sure there are a LOT of things we could learn from them.

just NOT in the subject of "love, sexuality and cohexistence between the sexes".
    On THAT subject THEY could learn from US.

(And by us I mean the men and women that haven´t been living under a rock distilling bile toward 49% of mankind for the last 3,000 years.)

Guess Santa didn't want to give me my Christmas wish?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    I never said the Perez amazons were bad.
    I find them pityful and hypocritical on ocasion but not downright bad.
    I´m sure there are a LOT of things we could learn from them.

just NOT in the subject of "love, sexuality and cohexistence between the sexes".
    On THAT subject THEY could learn from US.

(And by us I mean the men and women that haven´t been living under a rock distilling bile toward 49% of mankind for the last 3,000 years.)
    Oh, Zeu, why must you seem to always distort what the Amazons were and were doing? There's much more to their story than "distilling bile." The fact that they went 3,000 years without warring amongst themselves, 3,000 years without murdering their own, 3,000 years without rape - none of that means anything in regards to love and coexistence?

True, they did it with a single-sex society. But it's also something none of our societies have accomplished. And 'tis true that they are far from perfect themselves, but even imperfect folks can say something worth listening to, no?

In any case, since this thread is about Diana (and not the Amazons) and a possible future (not the previous versions), what would you prefer to see in regard to the topic, Zeu?
    Last edited by americanwonder; 12-24-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    Oh, Zeu, why must you seem to always distort what the Amazons were and were doing? There's much more to their story than "distilling bile." The fact that they went 3,000 years without warring amost themselves, 3,000 years without murdering their own, 3,000 years without rape - none of that means anything in regards to love and coexistence?
    It means that they were too busy fighting demons emanating from underground to fight each other.
    Even Athens and Sparta would occasionaly stop beating each other up when persians came for dinner.

True, they did it with a single-sex society. But it's also something none of our societies have accomplished. And 'tis true that they are far from perfect themselves, but even imperfect folks can say something worth listening to, no?
    Not on this subject, no.
    Would you trust a guy who was locked in a cave for 3,000 years to lecture you about sunlight?
    On this specific subject of love, sexuality and coexistence between the sexes, they should be the ones listening first.

In any case, since this thread is about Diana (and not the Amazons) and a possible future (not the previous versions), what would you prefer to see in regard to the topic, Zeu?
    I wanna see her doing what she´s been doing since the Azzarelo reboot.
    Worked for me so far.
    i would rather she dated a guy FROM HER OWN BOOK, but hey, at least she´s finally banging someone for the first time in 30 years.

The Lost

Not on this subject, no.
    Would you trust a guy who was locked in a cave for 3,000 years to lecture you about sunlight?
    On this specific subject of love, sexuality and coexistence between the sexes, they should be the ones listening first.
    Someone got it! At long last someone other than me said it! This is why preaching Diana on its face just won't work.
    One doesn't need the validation of others to justify what they like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmir View Post
    Someone got it! At long last someone other than me said it! This is why preaching Diana on its face just won't work.
    Technically (from Marston's pov.) it does work, because it's an example of a society thats turned utopian because it was run exclusively by women, which was his point in a time when women getting a higher education was nearly unheard of.

All I know is that if they did make her a Lesbian then Gloria Steinem would be pissed off AGAIN.

Now, if they de-powered her AND made her a lesbian then Gloria would be apoplectic.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Gloria has been dead awhile and no longer keeping track of these things

Quote Originally Posted by Ish Kabbible View Post
    She's alive and well. Christian Bale mentioned going to see his mother a few weeks back.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

WTF? You thought Gloria Steinem was dead? Who's next? Oprah Winfrey? Christine Legarde?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Technically (from Marston's pov.) it does work, because it's an example of a society thats turned utopian because it was run exclusively by women, which was his point in a time when women getting a higher education was nearly unheard of.
    Not sure it was unheard of. Having a career after marriage was unheard of.

My error about Gloria-could have sworn I heard about her passing away this year. Should always check you're facts before shooting off ones mouth.

The Lost

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Technically he had nothing to back it up, all he had was a work of fiction.
    One doesn't need the validation of others to justify what they like.

I don't think Wonder Woman should be a lesbian - I think she should be proudly pansexual. She loves everyone. I think it would be the most honest narrative as far as taking into account how she is a being of love and truth, that she does have feelings for men and is clearly not heternormative.

That said, I don't think DC will have the guts to do so for a long while and even if DC outed Diana then they would isolate it to the comics and reference it as rarely as possible like with Storm and Mystique.

Not on this subject, no.
    It's worth reflecting that cultural, social and economic machine that powers our lives is one that's responsible for mass rape, genocide, poverty etc. and it's done such a bang up job that even in the more developed parts of the world, you have escalating levels of depression and poverty. The majority of those experiencing poverty are women who are still treated really badly and our society is an incredibly sex-negative one that shames people for their sex, sexuality and body.

I just think it's a bit awkies to push any narrative that our society has any cred in teaching anyone else about love and co-existence or that having been raped is a reason we should ignore those women.
    "All things are precipitated by the nature of existence. Nothing, therefore, is unnatural be it bee-hive or termite mound or all our shining, poisoned cities." - Promethea #31

My error about Gloria-could have sworn I heard about her passing away this year. Should always check you're facts before shooting off ones mouth.
    Are you sure you don't mean the late feminist writer Andrea Dworkin, who died in April 2005?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfmir View Post
    Technically he had nothing to back it up, all he had was a work of fiction.
    He had an idea he enforced through the comic.