Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Technically the Amazons woudl be bisexual, since we know they have occasional relationships with the opposite sex as well their enduring love for each other.

Which is fine - works for these two...

Unless we are suggesting that two people could spend years alone on a desert island and not end up having sex?
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Who´s "you"?
    Isn't it obvious? "TrekkieGal".

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Technically the Amazons woudl be bisexual, since we know they have occasional relationships with the opposite sex as well their enduring love for each other.

Which is fine - works for these two...

Unless we are suggesting that two people could spend years alone on a desert island and not end up having sex?
    you never know, people are unpredictable

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Honestly I think she wanted to forge her own path, have her own adventures and such. And Steve was her ticket to get off the island.
    Well, it was a counter to those wanting to make her a lesbian. I guess she falls out of favor it she left for that reason.

since they were to teach n love and sexuality the amazons seems more pansexual.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by UsagiTsukino View Post
    since they were to teach n love and sexuality the amazons seems more pansexual.
    You mean the Perez amazons?
    Not sure what I have to learn from someone who hasn´t had sex with someone of my gender in 3,000 years and the last time they had, it was mass rape.

More likely, they would be the ones doing most of the learning.
    Starting with lesson#1:
    "Not all men are evil moustache-twirling rapists."

Not sure what I have to learn from someone who hasn´t had sex with someone of my gender in 3,000 years and the last time they had, it was mass rape.

Starting with lesson#1:
    I'm sure you don't mean to be offensive, but your choice of wording here is poor. By that, I mean it's open to what I believe is likely misinterpretation. So what if a rape victim hasn't had sex with a man since then. For starters, she may be lesbian, right?

So, borrowing your lesson #1, but rephrasing:
    "Not all women who don't want to have sex with men are e-v-i-l man-hating Amazons."
    Last edited by americanwonder; 12-23-2012 at 10:10 PM.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Eventually, DC will have the courage to make Wonder Woman a lesbian, or at least openly bisexual.

It was only maybe half a year before I was born in 1969 that DC actually chickened out on having their first African-American hero (they had the story rewritten and had him re-colored as Caucasian) , because they were afraid of a non-white hero "offending" someone.

So I think we'll get there someday.

Thing is, Wonder Woman has 70 years worth of history of feeling strictly attracted to men.
    So did Alan Scott.

Starting with lesson#1:
    Before than were raped that was their mission while in Anicent Greece before lving on Paradise Island that what I meant. I think they are pansexual because they are based on greek myth and the gods basically didn't care about what gender much less the fact they are human.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I'm sure you don't mean to be offensive, but your choice of wording here is poor. By that, I mean it's open to what I believe is likely misinterpretation. So what if a rape victim hasn't had sex with a man since then.
    Well, for starters, I am not quit esure a rape victim who spent 3,000 years harbouring hatred toward men as a whole for the sins of a few is the most qualified person to teach about love and sexuality.

Gone

Before than were raped that was their mission while in Anicent Greece before lving on Paradise Island that what I meant. I think they are pansexual because they are based on greek myth and the gods basically didn't care about what gender much less the fact they are human.
    Well, to be honest, before they were raped there weren´t many signs that they were welcoming men into their city to teach them about love and sexuality either.

Well, to be honest, before they were raped there weren´t many signs that they were welcoming men into their city to teach them about love and sexuality either.
    They wouldn't teach at their city but would go and talk in towns. Many wouldn't listen but they did gain women. That why they were sent way after their rape for killing men and showing to love. I saw your point but also Perez amazon's had amazons that lived a single life and some that were in loving relationships. They did stop men hating and vote for men to live on the island that didn't last long as Paradise Island was attacked.
    Last edited by UsagiTsukino; 12-23-2012 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    They do make original gay characters (there's one in Teen Titans) you just don't pay attention to them and ignore them and then wonder why they don't make more gay characters. And despite culture allowing more sexual freedom, I don't think we're ready for a pedophilic, incestuous couple and hopefully we never will.
    So since they already do, then it' OK to just change the orientation of an established character because that' is suppose to be fair?

Gone

They wouldn't teach at their city but would go and talk in towns. Many wouldn't listen but they did gain women. That why they were sent way after their rape for killing men and showing to love. I saw your point but also Perez amazon's had amazons that lived a single life and some that were in loving relationships. They did stop men hating and vote for men to live on the island that didn't last long as Paradise Island was attacked.
    Three thousand years after the fact.

It's an argument I´ve been having for ages.

Women in real life who are victims of rape often manage to overcome it, fall in love again, marry, have children, build a new life, all that sometimes in just the span of a few years.
    Yet these amazons were still harbouring ill feelings toward ALL men because of the evildoings of a few 3,000 years later?

Yeah, I don´t think they´d have much to teach anyone in "Man's wrld" about love and sexuality and a LOT to learn.