Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Cullen Bunn talks about Ulitmate Comics: Wolverine

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/ulti...llen-bunn.html

He calls the story, "The Bourne Identity" with Wolverine. I keep getting more and more excited!
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 12-21-2012 at 11:34 AM.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Sounds really good. I do have a question though. This story takes place concurrently with The Ultimate X-Men storyline right. I wonder how Jimmy gets out of Reservation X. I would bet his face is posted on every sign and all since he is one of the last mutants in america.

We still have to wait a couple more months though.

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Sounds really good. I do have a question though. This story takes place concurrently with The Ultimate X-Men storyline right. I wonder how Jimmy gets out of Reservation X. I would bet his face is posted on every sign and all since he is one of the last mutants in america.

We still have to wait a couple more months though.
    Maybe the mutants ability to move off the reservation will be different by March? Although Jimmy does have a history of running off by himself regardless of the consequences.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    He calls the story, "The Bourne Identity" with Wolverine. I keep getting more and more excited!

Heh i like that reference, since this is Jimmy Hudson discovering America's biggest bio-weapon research history & learning more about Weapon X.

Bunn: Jimmy Hudson was raised by James Hudson and Heather Hudson. They were his adoptive parents. My wife and I adopted our son a few years ago from China. And it almost haunts us sometimes my son will never know his birth mother. My son was abandoned at an amusement park the day he was born. I always think about that with him. When he gets older he's 4 now what is he going to want to know about his birth parents? It's going to be very limited what he can find out, or what anybody can find out.

This story, a big part of it, is Jimmy learning more about his biological father, and then coming to grips with the idea of who his real parents are his real parents being James and Heather. There's a big part of the story without spoiling anything about what would make Jimmy into Wolverine. Is it his biological father and his birth mother, who really had no bearing in his upbringing? He's such a drastically different character from Wolverine, and all of that comes from the people who raised him. I think it's an interesting story; about why Logan picked those two, what Logan may have wanted to see happen with his kid, and Jimmy's understanding of who he is, where he came from, and who had a hand to play in who he became. The mutant power, that's in his genes. His personality, and who he is as a person, came from his upbringing, and the time he spent with his mother and father.
    Ouch, Jimmy's search for truth is going to hurt.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Heh i like that reference, since this is Jimmy Hudson discovering America's biggest bio-weapon research history & learning more about Weapon X.

Ouch, Jimmy's search for truth is going to hurt.
    I think us as readers have known since day one that he is definitely not his biological fathers son, if that makes sense lol.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think us as readers have known since day one that he is definitely not his biological fathers son, if that makes sense lol.
    3 months from now. "please dont be a clone. please dont be a clone. please dont be a clone. please dont be a clone." "ah damnit!" lol

Well yeah, he was raised by the loving family of Hudson's and now he is going to learn not only something likely fucked up by Wolverine, but also his relations to possibly Magneto's family line. It's like Evan (Apocalypse Clone for those not reading X-Force/Uncanny Avengers) he's a clone of one of the most vile monsters out there, but he was given a different path to take, and thus is a new character who has to deal with the possibility of who he could become.

Still, the character has great parents and he should never forget that, just like Batman knows and loves Alfred Pennyworth, that man is his father.
    "Finally got rid of all those pesky white males that were burdening the team! Now the Ultimates are urban hipsters... what everyone demanded!" - Exciter
    My Blog

This mini is shaping up to be pretty good. =) I'm hoping it'll cause me to be a fan of Jimmy because Loeb really didn't start him off well.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

That's one of my favorite franchises so that comparison really excites me.
    Comics are more better.

So how do they decide on who gets a story/mini focus on them. Is it only the flagship characters that get a green light or is it if the story is good enough we'll do it? Characters they want to push etc

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    So how do they decide on who gets a story/mini focus on them. Is it only the flagship characters that get a green light or is it if the story is good enough we'll do it? Characters they want to push etc
    It's about who makes financial sense. "Ultimate Wolverine" is a lot more viable than "Ultimate She Hulk," for instance.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

So Jimmy's mother is named Heather?

Quote Originally Posted by Phelpzy View Post
    So Jimmy's mother is named Heather?
    His adopted mom, yeah.
    Comics are more better.

I wonder if this story will be mentioned in Ultimate Comics: X-Men. Will Jimmy be missing a few issues? Or will the whole story take place during one of the issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderx3000 View Post
    I wonder if this story will be mentioned in Ultimate Comics: X-Men. Will Jimmy be missing a few issues? Or will the whole story take place during one of the issues?
    He'll probably still be in X-Men. It's unnecessary to remove him.
    Comics are more better.