Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Ian Edginton Returns to "Stickleback: Number of the Beast"

"2000 AD" stalwart Ian Edginton tells CBR about the return of Cockney steampunk superfiend Stickleback, working with artist D'Israeli and reveals how his "2000 AD" titles are part of a shared multiverse.

Full article here.

Have to say Brass Sun is one of the best new stories we've had from 2000ad in a while and we've had a few. Just as we were wondering what would replace long running classics like Nikolai Dante and Ian's own Red Seas (I'm going to them both a lot) along he comes with the answer. Stickleback returning too is going to please one heck of a lot of people too. 2000ad really is the place to be.

Well, heck, I'd been wondering how Orlando Doyle was resurrected to become that librarian. Somehow it just didn't click with me that he's a parallel universe version. *facepalm

I will probably not miss Red Seas as much as you, Colin, but man alive, the first episode of the new Ampney Crucis story is a bit good, isn't it? I'm really looking forward to watching this one develop.

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDad View Post
    Well, heck, I'd been wondering how Orlando Doyle was resurrected to become that librarian. Somehow it just didn't click with me that he's a parallel universe version. *facepalm*
    I actually had a similar revelation here. It suddenly explains so much, I was trying to rationalize how The Red Seas was actually the past of Stickleback. Now its much more logical.

But wait... when Ampney Crucis was in that London overrun by Elder gods in his last series... was that the world behind the 13th Door? Or just one of the many worlds the creatures behind the 13th Door have overrun?

Anyway. Great interview. Stickleback is always amazing. BRING IT.

Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDad View Post
    I will probably not miss Red Seas as much as you, Colin, but man alive, the first episode of the new Ampney Crucis story is a bit good, isn't it? I'm really looking forward to watching this one develop.
    It certainly was, its taken me a while to get into Ampney but the last story was great and the opener to this one was just superb. The line up for Prog 1813, as set up on the Annual special looks like it will be superb.

Can't wait to read more Stickleback when this gets collected!!!

Quote Originally Posted by House of J View Post
    Can't wait to read more Stickleback when this gets collected!!!
    I want to say we're due another collection after the next series runs. So hopefully we'll see it this year sometime.