Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

She's called "Superman's lover" because while they're in a relationship together, it's obvious that Diana doesn't really give a crap, so the one actually putting effort gets credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Well, that's the fact of the matter, but it's a bit wordy, and probably wouldn't flow as well with the rest of the narration boxes. "Wonder Woman. In relationship with Superman" just sounds very mechanical.
    Reads like a Facebook profile. And I hate Facebook.

Question What I mean...

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    In Superman #16 somebody is telling us she's "Superman's current lover". Does that mean...?
    "Current lover". Does that mean Superman had other lovers b-e-f-o-r-e Wonder Woman? Does that mean there's a lover [...Lois?] for him a-f-t-e-r ~Prince~ [haha!] Diana? Does that mean there's a dateline with him loving Wonder Woman? That's what I mean to ask.

"In relationship with..." is right here right now with no end in sight.

What about: "In love with Superman" if it's too mechanical or Facebook-like?
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 02-01-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

I'm guessing nothing but a figure of speech. It doesn't mean he wasn't with other women before Diana, it doesn't mean he won't be with others after, but it in itself is an indicator of nothing.

I mentioned in another thread that to me, it's basically Lobdell's way of (over) explaining to people who might not know that Superman's dating Wonder Woman.

I don't assume he had any prior lovers. Also, if there's anything that makes me assume that he's going to break up with WW, it has nothing to do with the word "current" and everything to do with the fact that he has decades-long history with someone else.

I do agree, however, that "current" sounds clunky and there are better alternatives.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 02-01-2013 at 09:36 PM.

I want to know who all these past lovers are. LOL. Seeing people putting so much credence to the word current. Lobdell shows he can be a mite heavy handed at times in his descriptions. Remember Beloved? The pair only had two dates. Lobdell needs to pick up JL and see that they are in the very early stages of their relationship. I doubt Diana would give up the goods to Clark so soon too. I mean when did they get any time to progess since two dates would be a good question for one since he was only acting like a jealous child over Lois and Carroll a few issues ago.
    Last edited by thepenguin; 02-02-2013 at 04:08 AM.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thepenguin View Post
    I want to know who all these past lovers are. LOL. Seeing people putting so much credence to the word current. Lobdell shows he can be a mite heavy handed at times in his descriptions. Remember Beloved? The pair only had two dates. Lobdell needs to pick up JL and see that they are in the very early stages of their relationship. I doubt Diana would give up the goods to Clark so soon too. I mean when did they get any time to progess since two dates would be a good question for one since he was only acting like a jealous child over Lois and Carroll a few issues ago.
    It's the editors jobs to coordinate these things. And Lobdell would be better served picking up a few issues of a Wonder Woman.

Amazons never 'give up', by the way.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    It's the editors jobs to coordinate these things. And Lobdell would be better served picking up a few issues of a Wonder Woman.

Amazons never 'give up', by the way.
    True about editors but to be fair I doubt Brian Azzarello's WW or his timeline really even matters. For one his WW is lost somewhere in between London and getting her heel tickled with a feather. Why anyone outside her book should be paying any mind to him makes no sense in that his set up and her powers and timeline are all vague if one tries to fit her in with the rest of the DCU. Seems not only are her mother and sisters dead to him, but so is Steve and Superman and the rest of the JL. If Azz's story mattered Diana would be beating up H'el by pulling off the cuffs and pulling out double swords.

And his Diana will probably like men who calls her Legs and thinks they so hot that she wants to jump their bones the moment she lays eyes on them.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    In Superman #16 somebody is telling us she's "Superman's current lover". Does that mean...?

Girls Oh-so absolutely LOVE when their boyfriends introduce them as their "current" lover, didn't you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Girls Oh-so absolutely LOVE when their boyfriends introduce them as their "current" lover, didn't you know?
    Yup.....it's a good thing Superman didn't actually do that huh.

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yup.....it's a good thing Superman didn't actually do that huh.
    Thank God for that.

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Heh - I'm bad boy Superman; I wear a T-Shirt that show off my guns, and have current lovers.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Heh - I'm bad boy Superman; I wear a T-Shirt that show off my guns, and have current lovers.
    Brett, you're married, aren't you?

You should start introducing your wife as "my current spouse".

True about editors but to be fair I doubt Brian Azzarello's WW or his timeline really even matters. For one his WW is lost somewhere in between London and getting her heel tickled with a feather. Why anyone outside her book should be paying any mind to him makes no sense in that his set up and her powers and timeline are all vague if one tries to fit her in with the rest of the DCU. Seems not only are her mother and sisters dead to him, but so is Steve and Superman and the rest of the JL. If Azz's story mattered Diana would be beating up H'el by pulling off the cuffs and pulling out double swords.

And his Diana will probably like men who calls her Legs and thinks they so hot that she wants to jump their bones the moment she lays eyes on them.
    I really wanted to see WW pull off her cuffs and lay the smack down on H'el.

The man has demonstrated an ability to pull apart DNA as well as being able to teleport people miles away on top of the standard Kryptonian abilities; I doubt a power boost or a couple magic swords will do much to fill the gap.