Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Default Thank you.

Good work!

With everything that Wonder Woman can offer to Superman on the list provided here, I'm curious to see what's going to be used.

So far, in Justice League #15, it looks to me like not much as WW seems more like a sidekick. He's telling her what to do. She's just nodding and following his lead.

[Mind you, she's got the same problem in her own book where others tells her what to do because she's always clueless of what's going on.]

Even her [demi] goddess status was told to him off panel like it isn't as important as him showing on panel his Smallville backstory.

And call me paranoid but when there's a big page of them running together to handle a threat, guess who's bigger than the other one instead of choosing a better angle to promote them as equal?

Quote Originally Posted by Don-Jack View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but if I am not, grrr...
    Last edited by Frank Fournier; 12-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.
    ~ One thousand apologies if I'm using broken English. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Good work!

With everything that Wonder Woman can offer to Superman on the list provided here, I'm curious to see what's going to be used.

So far, in Justice League #15, it looks to me like not much as WW is going to play more like a sidekick role while he's the alpha male. He's telling her what to do. She's just nodding and following his lead. She told him her demi goddess status off panel like it isn't as important as him showing on panel his Smallville backstory. And call me paranoid but when there's a big page of them running together to handle a threat, guess who's bigger than the other one?

There's an off balance right at the start of their relationship and if it's going to continue, grrr...
    What???

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fournier View Post
    Good work!

So far, in Justice League #15, it looks to me like not much as WW seems more like a sidekick. He's telling her what to do. She's just nodding and following his lead.

[Mind you, she's got the same problem in her own book where others tells her what to do because she's always clueless of what's going on.]

Even her [demi] goddess status was told to him off panel like it isn't as important as him showing on panel his Smallville backstory.

And call me paranoid but when there's a big page of them running together to handle a threat, guess who's bigger than the other one instead of choosing a better angle to promote them as equal?

I hope I'm wrong but if I am not, grrr...
    I hope you are not wrong.
    Rehire Grant Morrison for Superman.
    Give Lois her own BOOKS.
    Keep Scott Lobdell in Superverse forever.
    5.7 Million Likes. Please contribute for more: https://www.facebook.com/superman

It does read like paranoia, honestly. Writers/artists shouldn't have to walk on eggshells lest offend some Wonder Woman fans over the slightest of things. I mean, for the brief time in this issue that they're "superheroing", the two are written and drawn completely on equal ground in strength and effort, working as a nice tandem. So complaints that in one panel Superman's drawn closer to the page, just seems like nitpicking to me.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.

Yeah, paranoia. If you wanted to show both characters equally on that full-page spread, you wouldn't be able to utilize all the page space. Someone had to be in front.

If every issue were like this, fine, but the two have been together for not even one full day.

BANNED

I suspect the plan is that while Superman has been helping her out so far, he'll be out of his depth, when the bigger plans with the magic world building (Shazam, Trinity of Sin, etc.) start rolling out.

Yeah, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if a situation presents itself in the near future in which Black Adam owns Superman (probably not Shazam himself, as I'd imagine if he's lashes out at first on the League out of fear his inexperience will get him). And fan rage will follow, lol.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-30-2012 at 04:29 PM.

Man, its spreading...

I mean, honestly, people DO need to walk on eggshells. The comic industry isn't even close to satisfying a strong female fanbase. Years of poor treatment do make people think the worst of things when Superman is in the front and Wonder Woman is in the back and when it's shown that Superman is helping her out while she basically sits there. Maybe John will show Wonder Woman as less than a sidekick soon but if it keeps going like it currently is, yes, there will be problems.

Don't see how it's a stretch at all to think that a comic book writer is possibly sexist.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    I mean, honestly, people DO need to walk on eggshells. The comic industry isn't even close to satisfying a strong female fanbase. Years of poor treatment do make people think the worst of things when Superman is in the front and Wonder Woman is in the back and when it's shown that Superman is helping her out while she basically sits there. Maybe John will show Wonder Woman as less than a sidekick soon but if it keeps going like it currently is, yes, there will be problems.

Don't see how it's a stretch at all to think that a comic book writer is possibly sexist.
    again, What?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    It's because superheroes appeal mostly to males to begin with, which in turn leads to things like hypersexualization of women, etc. Not because Wonder Woman is drawn a little farther from center.

PS: Can we please keep this pretentious shit on the WW forum?
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 12-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    It's because superheroes appeal mostly to males to begin with, which in turn leads to things like hypersexualization of women, etc. Not because Wonder Woman is drawn a little farther from center.

PS: Can we please keep this pretentious shit on the WW forum?
    This is a thread about Wonder Woman and Superman's relationship. There's nothing pretentious at all about being concerned about how female characters (Wonder Woman) are portrayed in comics. It's hilarious how everyone gets so up in arms because a discussion about possible sexism in a sexist industry is occurring. Then when you don't want to talk about it and want to come up with excuses for piss poor writing, it's suddenly "pretentious". Sorry that people want to enjoy superhero comics without their female superhero being nothing but a sex object and sidekick.

BANNED

Way to misconstrue what I'm saying, doctor strawman. You're not even talking about portrayal of women in comics. You're complaining that Wonder Woman was slightly shifted to the left, and then linking it to greater concerns about the portrayal of women in comics and sexism in the industry. it's a fine subject on its own, but you're grasping at straws on this one. It's the link that I find pretentious, so try to keep your conversations straight before dismissing them.

There's enough of this nonsense on the WW forum, I prefer to keep it there.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 12-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Well if you're not going back to the WW forum, I'll just ignore you.
    I'm hoping that someone over the age of 18 did not just type that out.

BANNED

I typed it, but figured I'd elaborate why I feel that way.
    Last edited by Mr. Holmes; 12-30-2012 at 11:37 PM.