Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default The Shadow Special, #1

The Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. But when Lamont Cranston crosses paths with an old friend--a fellow veteran of "the war to end all wars"--Cranston's justice serving alter ego must judge a man whose path to villainy began with their friendship! At the risk of his own secrets being laid bare, Cranston accepts an invitation to join a very exclusive club of adventurers whose dark hearts might be the worst The Shadow has ever encountered!

Full article here.

I haven't seen Ronan Cliquet's interiors before but these are great! He uses a soft brush style to get a nice expressive retro-feel going. Like Cliff Chiang, only a little softer.

I don't know about the art . . . Lamont Cranston really doesn't look right here.
    (The nose, among other things, seems off.)
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Gunner View Post
    I haven't seen Ronan Cliquet's interiors before but these are great! He uses a soft brush style to get a nice expressive retro-feel going. Like Cliff Chiang, only a little softer.

Cliquet did some work on the Green Hornet. Very nice layouts and style. Reminded me a bit of Ivan Reiss.

Default indies: Shadow Special #1

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The Shadow knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men. But when Lamont Cranston crosses paths with an old friend--a fellow veteran of "the war to end all wars"--Cranston's justice serving alter ego must judge a man whose path to villainy began with their friendship! At the risk of his own secrets being laid bare, Cranston accepts an invitation to join a very exclusive club of adventurers whose dark hearts might be the worst The Shadow has ever encountered!

Full article here.
    Anybody here actually going to buy this and does anybody know pg count vs. price? Might just pick this up to get a taste of this book. Been looking at the first trade in Previews as a possible buy. Is the group he encounters part of the Masks crossover or a separate, done in one story?

I had it on my pull list for this week, but probably won't pick it up until Friday to avoid the day-after-Christmas rush in town. But I believe Masks is sort of its own separate continuity and not necessarily tied to the other Dynamite pulp titles. (For starters, the Spider's own book is set in current times.)
    PULL LIST: Ghostbusters, John Carpenter's Asylum, Magnus: Robot Fighter, The Shadow, Star Wars, Thief of Thieves, Velvet, Wild Blue Yonder