Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Why you describe the Garth Aqualad and put a picture of Jackson Aqualad?
    You should have kept reading.

Anyways, now that this is the New 52, they need to scrap that whole Jackson Hyde thing, and just make him Kaldur.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Yes, I would like to see Cassandra Cain, The Spectre, The Sandman and the Doom Patrol. Majestic would be an interesting addition to the DCU.

What's that? Stephanie Brown? Ranking infeasibly highly in a poll for things you want but can't have? On the INTERNET? The DEVIL you say!

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    You should have kept reading.

Anyways, now that this is the New 52, they need to scrap that whole Jackson Hyde thing, and just make him Kaldur.
    Agreed. I like Kaldur more than any other version of aqualad. And Garth should just be tempest. I'd play him up as Mera's protege.

But the top 2 were no surprise. Of course as far as DC is concerned I'm sure a poll by what most consider to be the most popular comics news resource is just the "internet minority" getting all whiny again.
    Last edited by Whip Whirlwind; 12-21-2012 at 07:50 AM.

My top two on this list are Wally West and Ted Kord.

Bring them as alternate named heroes. Wally as a new hero related to the Flash mythos but sans the Flash name. I am thinking Nightwing treatment here. Sidekick to his OWN hero. Can't think of a proper name.

Ted Kord? Change his costume a bit and have him be a hi-tech pulp like hero...The Scarab. Easy enough. Can be a partner/mentor to Jamie Reyes.

This article really hit what makes Wally special. Sidekick replacing the hero. First to do so...and it was immensly popular. IMO, Barry Allen is the most dated of heroes at DC. He just doesn't translate well into modern audiences. It's the fundamental problem at DC I think. The younger video game generation love Marvel and the few characters they liked at DC...Wally was probably #2 after Batman.

Thumbs down And still...

The whole problem is that dumb, dumb, stupid idea to basically make the real teen titans disappear. Will Wally West become Kid Flash after Bart Allen did? Will he never be Kid Flash? Cyborg is a founder member of the JLA? Really? Is Garth some kind of ghost? Changelling/Beast Boy is a ravager (???) who never met the Doom Patrol? Tim Drake decided to create the "Teen Titans"? Starfire reduced to be the hot chick of the outlaws? I can go on. This is the most outrageous thing with the new-52. They removed from continuity one of the most treasured and golden and classic periods of DC history. Because removing the Wolfman/Perez's Teen Titans is as bad as it would had been to remove the Claremont/Byrne X-Men. I think the Titans are the most relevant DC team in terms of shaping the DC universe. And now they're gone. Shame on DC for this.

Quote Originally Posted by thorionthei View Post
    Ted Kord? Change his costume a bit and have him be a hi-tech pulp like hero...The Scarab. Easy enough. Can be a partner/mentor to Jamie Reyes.
    That's actually a great idea! It brings Ted back without removing/demoting Jaime. Win/Win.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Really I like the idea of Ted Kord coming back as a more of a tech guy. I'm okay with him not regularly doing hero stuff. For me the best thing he brings to the table is his personality and his interactions with other characters, and he doesn't need a costume to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    That's actually a great idea! It brings Ted back without removing/demoting Jaime. Win/Win.
    I'll third this. Ted Kord is a fantastic and unique personality and the combo of tehck and pulp with him is a winner!

BANNED

Hopefully 2013 is the year we finally get the JSA back. It would also be nice to see Ted Kord, preferably not the jokey joke joke Ted Kord, and getting the Elongated Man back is another overdue development.

I feel like, if they bring any of these characters I've previously loved back into the new DCU, they'll mess them up just as badly as other ones I've loved, so I'm just waiting for a time (perhaps the next reboot, or an alternate universe or non-continuity story) when they'll be done well, rather than right now. If Wonder Woman has been so badly damaged, what in God's name would they do to Donna Troy?

Quote Originally Posted by Filip View Post
    This list doesn't have Cassandra Cain.
    This list is dead to me.
    Maybe they think Cassandra and Stephanie are the same person. Blonde female bat related.... I could see it

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Maybe they think Cassandra and Stephanie are the same person. Blonde female bat related.... I could see it
    Huh? Cass isn't blonde...
    BB

I had no idea who half this people were but Jackson King sounds like an interesting character.
    Bring back Steph blah blah Wally's my Flash blah blah Where the f**k is Adam Strange?Good to get that out of my system.
    And please Geoff Johns if you are reading this bring in Kaldur to Aquaman.I know you dont like the TV show but you know what would make Aquaman even more badass than you have made him?Give him an equally badass protege like Kaldur.

I'm with everyone else about not knowing who 8, 9, and 10 were.

I was really happy to see Wally win with such a high percentage. Take note, DC: We want Wally and Stephanie back.