Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Venom in Philly

Quote Originally Posted by TheVenomSite View Post
    Now that Venom made his way down I-95 and is officially in Philly, what do you guys think of this move?

I personally LOVE the change of scenery (as well as all of the nods to the city - Galleria Mall, cheesesteaks, 'Always Sunny'). Much like when Brock moved to San Fran, I think this will help Flash develop his own enemies (instead of rehashing old Spidey villains). It is also close enough to NYC that he can pop up in a Spidey title in a moments notice. As for issue 28, as a whole I think it was executed nicely. I do hope Katey doesn't always play the 'damsel in distress' role in every arc though.
    Part of me is hoping Venom is playing "damsel" in distress for at least part of this arc, so that there's a reason for Val to actually be there and guest starring for it. =P

This issue was awesome. Between this issue and the previous one, it seems like Bunn is definitely finding his groove on this title. Love the Philly setting. I've never been there but I like how it sets VENOM apart from the rest of the Marvel U.

Most definitely. I like when characters go new places that they haven't been before. I was hoping during the Clone Saga that Peter would end up being Spidey for a new West Coast Avengers, and Ben would be Spidey on the east coast...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I don't know if Marvel could get away with doing Tampa... too many strip clubs, and girls walking around looking like they should be working in strip clubs... Same with St. Pete, Gulfport, ect. hahaha... The water is beautiful though...
    Anyone else thinking Frank Cho or getting the Dodsons on that book?

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    Anyone else thinking Frank Cho or getting the Dodsons on that book?
    Absolutely, I think Frank Cho would thrive doing art for Venom...

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    This issue was awesome. Between this issue and the previous one, it seems like Bunn is definitely finding his groove on this title. Love the Philly setting. I've never been there but I like how it sets VENOM apart from the rest of the Marvel U.
    I agree that he is finding a groove. Can't wait to see Toxin (Brock) walking down broad street in the next arc!
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

I wonder if this is all leading to Eddie being Venom again...

I don't think so. Reading an interview from Bunn, it seems to be pretty clear that Eddie is gonna be Toxin for a while. To be brutally honest, Flash is actually turning out to be a more interesting Venom than Brock was.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Doubt it. From Bunn's Twitter

Awww one can hope. I do really like Flash as Venom, but there's this part of me that really wants to see Eddie go on one last rampage as Venom, or take out a bunch of bad guys in a really messed up way...

"Eh, What's up Doc?" Spider-Frog's Avatar

Venom eats Philly?

Is that a Philly-Cheese-Steak or a Philly-Delphi-an? Inquiring Mimes want to know!

Bonus Question: Do Philly-Delphi-ans taste like chicken?

Om nom nom nom nom!

From Philadelphia, was not aware of the change.. May have to check it out. Would also be cool to see Spidey come to Philly in an issue or two also :)

Another Philadelphia resident here. Which issue does he 'move' to Phila? Venom solos have never interested me, but I would like to see how the scenery holds up.
    The Massive . Captain Marvel . Superior Foes of Spider-Man . B.P.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post
    Another Philadelphia resident here. Which issue does he 'move' to Phila? Venom solos have never interested me, but I would like to see how the scenery holds up.
    Well he is 'visiting' in the current arc (issue #28 came out last week, issues #29 & #30 come out in January) and he officially moves there in the next arc (#31 - #35). I'm interested to see the scenery as well (The Gallery was depicted in #28) since there will be different artists for each arc.