Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Venom in Philly

Default Venom in Philly

Now that Venom made his way down I-95 and is officially in Philly, what do you guys think of this move?

I personally LOVE the change of scenery (as well as all of the nods to the city - Galleria Mall, cheesesteaks, 'Always Sunny'). Much like when Brock moved to San Fran, I think this will help Flash develop his own enemies (instead of rehashing old Spidey villains). It is also close enough to NYC that he can pop up in a Spidey title in a moments notice. As for issue 28, as a whole I think it was executed nicely. I do hope Katey doesn't always play the 'damsel in distress' role in every arc though.
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

I'm liking it...

Lawn-mowing Enthusiast EuphemismForSex's Avatar

I like it solely for the reason that there are fewer heroes in NYC.
    Bad news everyone...

I'm from Philly, so it's fun reading it, seeing familiar stuff... I kinda laugh when I see stuff that I know...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I'm from Philly, so it's fun reading it, seeing familiar stuff... I kinda laugh when I see stuff that I know...
    I live outside the city and am definately a philly fan which is why I think I'm more excited about this move more than the normal Venom fan is. Having a character based in Philly is cool; having your favorite character based in Philly is awesome!
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

Still patiently waiting for a super hero based in Tampa, Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    Still patiently waiting for a super hero based in Tampa, Florida.
    I don't know if Marvel could get away with doing Tampa... too many strip clubs, and girls walking around looking like they should be working in strip clubs... Same with St. Pete, Gulfport, ect. hahaha... The water is beautiful though...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    I don't know if Marvel could get away with doing Tampa... too many strip clubs, and girls walking around looking like they should be working in strip clubs...
    Oh, stop it. You're making me nostalgic!

I think it's a cool idea; Marvel should be more than just NYC. This kind of reminds me of when Eddie Brock moved to San Francisco, though that didn't last long.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Yeah, it's funny; you read the interviews with Stan Lee, and he's always saying that locating everyone in NYC was his was of making the characters more grounded in reality than DC characters based in fictional places like Metropolis or Gotham. But...well, I've never BEEN to NYC, (and can count on one hand the number of times I've been north of the Mason/Dixon line), so on a certain level, it might as well be Gotham or Metropolis to those who never get to go there.

We'll Be Waiting For You godzilla2099's Avatar

I'll give the series another try when Toxin returns. I'm going in with very low expectations. After I read the conclusion for the Savage Six, I figured Toxin with the be "Venom" for Flash. Pretty much a huge step backwards after reading about Anti-Venom. I hope that isn't the case. Nothing against Flash, but he should be in no way shape or form a match for somebody as experienced as Eddie who now has the Toxin Symbiote

If I were writing Eddie, he and Toxin would have an understanding and hunt down the people that murdered Patrick instead. That would give him a real purpose

I'll give it a try, I gave this series quite a few tries. Still, it will be cool to see Venom in Philly since that's where I'm from. Venom holding a cheesesteak became my new wallpaper
    Last edited by godzilla2099; 12-21-2012 at 04:55 PM.

I just want to see The Gang Gets Lethally Protected.
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Hoping for The Liberteens to show up.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

As a resident of Philly, it definitely interests me, especially since I've really come to like Flash as Venom.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

I'm going to re-read it on the plane home tomorrow...

-- DV