Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny P. Sartre View Post
    I know, I'm not going to argue with you because we will never agree and it's a waste.
    Fair.

But "You're wrong" isn't exactly "agree to disagree", either.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

More human than human. Johnny P. Sartre's Avatar

Fair enough, should have worded it better.
    The 9th Blog
    A Blog made with friends about comics, the 9th art
    Tumblr: Comics! Comics! Comics! ACK!

New 52 may have brought in more readers, but I prefer Marvel Now for keeping the continuity, while still refreshing things. I was just starting to get more invested in more and more DC titles, but post-New 52 I'm only still reading Batman and Fables.

Based on Quality of Material? Maybe
    Based on rollout? Not so much.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by imtav View Post
    I think the main problem is that comic book ads and promotional events don't appear outside of industry outlets. I didn't hear about new52 until I stepped foot in the comic book shop. What would happen if there were TV commercials for events like new52 or marvel NOW launches? Or vouchers for a free copy of any current issue of Comic Book X in the case of the movie or game of the same title?
    I talked to girl at work that had no idea comic books were even a real thing anymore. Now she collects Revival and Saga.
    In DC's case, I think they have opportunities to advertise to potential readers each week with shows such as Arrow, Young Justice and Green Lantern (when they're on). Doesn't have to be a big thing either. The New 52 did have some though which is where I discovered it. The thing that made me stop are go back (DVR user here) was I had no idea what that was I just saw flash past... an advertisement for comics?

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    In DC's case, I think they have opportunities to advertise to potential readers each week with shows such as Arrow, Young Justice and Green Lantern (when they're on). Doesn't have to be a big thing either. The New 52 did have some though which is where I discovered it. The thing that made me stop are go back (DVR user here) was I had no idea what that was I just saw flash past... an advertisement for comics?
    Having commercials for specific DC comics during the breaks of the Gleen Lantern, Young Justice, or Arrow shows sounds like a great idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonemachine View Post
    So I guess it's the 700th, "final" issue of Amazing Spiderman that's 8 bucks? Yeah, there's absolutely no excuse for that. It's really just sad.
    Its even worse if you bought one of the variants like I did. 10 bucks!! What a ripoff. But I just couldn't help myself. I love the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Krunk View Post
    I get what DC was trying to do, and to be honest I haven't read much of the new 52 either, im waiting for trades mostly. I did enjoy what DC was doing before it though, you had Sinestro Corps, Blackest Night, Final Crisis, Johns Green Lantern, the Batman stories under Grant, there were a lot of good Superman stories during those years, Flash, Secret Six,, etc etc etc....

All I said was, if DC didn't reboot I would not care...
    A lot of the stories that you've mentioned, the ones that I've bolded, are actually still in continuity. Albeit, they probably happened a little differently than how they were written, but they still occurred in the post-reboot continuity.

Oh, and apparently some form of Final Crisis occurred in the post-Flashpoint reality, and Darkseid is still dead. Can't wait to see how they bring him back, though.
    Last edited by Zeeguy91; 12-29-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Its even worse if you bought one of the variants like I did. 10 bucks!! What a ripoff. But I just couldn't help myself. I love the cover.
    Sorry.. you cant whine, and then say.. "well I bought it, I couldnt help myself" You are feeding that which you dislike. Dont be a sheep.

The curious one.

It's a good cover but I wouldn't have paid 8 cents for the issue.

I didn't really hear about the New 52 either until hearing from fans. What I think would be kind of amusing is for Marvel or DC to make a "trailer" for one of their books. You know those commercials for certain books and they have voiceovers and scenes from the book I think? I could be wrong.
    Check out my sci-fi webcomic https://www.facebook.com/eonviant
    Connect with me on Twitter https://twitter.com/TristanMcClark

BANNED

A lot of the stories that you've mentioned, the ones that I've bolded, are actually still in continuity. Albeit, they probably happened a little differently than how they were written, but they still occurred in the post-reboot continuity.

Oh, and apparently some form of Final Crisis occurred in the post-Flashpoint reality, and Darkseid is still dead. Can't wait to see how they bring him back, though.
    Yeah, about that..see Justice League #1-6

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    New 52 may have brought in more readers, but I prefer Marvel Now for keeping the continuity, while still refreshing things. I was just starting to get more invested in more and more DC titles, but post-New 52 I'm only still reading Batman and Fables.
    There is no continuity at Marvel any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman Priime View Post
    Yeah, about that..see Justice League #1-6
    Which is set 5 years into the past... well before Final Crisis.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Quote Originally Posted by Fielding View Post
    I don't understand your point. Are you saying that DC only hired writers like Lobdell and Mackie? If you are, then you're wrong.
    No, I'm not saying that. That "only" was a mistake. I meant that DC was promoting old writers who aren't fondly remembered instead of newcomers. And I say "was" because DC seems to have taken notice of that complaint.