Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fate's Faith View Post
    Maybe for me the problem is the Marvel movies. I think they are sooo much better than a single issue of one of their comics. They actually make the comics look like three year olds did them in comparison. I don't believe that's the case with DC.
    Disagree. I saw the Cap movie and liked it, and thought the Avengers one was OK, but the movies will never be more important than the comics to me, and I can take them or leave them. Most of the Marvel titles I buy, I still thoroughly enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    This is so true. I'd take film Cap over comic Cap anyday. I'm also sick of this whole rainbow Hulk nonsense.
    There are no "rainbow Hulks". There are two Hulks, who are very different characters and both worth following. And Red She-Hulk has been surprisingly good, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    There are no "rainbow Hulks". There are two Hulks, who are very different characters and both worth following. And Red She-Hulk has been surprisingly good, too.
    I'm aware there are no rainbow Hulks I was refering to the many coloured Hulks. I count four Hulks. Green Hulk, Red Hulk, She Hulk and Red She Hulk. I'm sorry but multiple Hulks is dumb and takes away from the uniqueness of the original.

I never understood why fanboys ever cared about the stupidity of continuity. Sometimes it can cause great buildup and pay off but 9 out of 10 times it makes everything far to convoluted and creates crappy editors trying to correct everything.
    Last edited by Aquacatlungfish; 12-24-2012 at 06:10 AM.

I'm aware there are no rainbow Hulks I was refering to the many coloured Hulks. I count four Hulks. Green Hulk, Red Hulk, She Hulk and Red She Hulk. I'm sorry but multiple Hulks is dumb and takes away from the uniqueness of the original.
    Son of Hulk, Smurf-blue Abomination...

I never understood why fanboys ever cared about the stupidity of continuity. Sometimes it can cause great buildup and pay off but 9 out of 10 times it makes everything far to convoluted and creates crappy editors trying to correct everything.
    I often have witnessed this great build-up. But there very rarely is any pay-off, just an anticlimactic reset to an older status quo most of the times.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

The original She-Hulk has been around since 1979 and has never in any way detracted from the original, and I can't see why the others do either.
    I somehow don't think you and I are ever going to agree.

The DCnU had the great premise of dumpimg 70 years of continuity and actually providing a fresh starting point. Sadly, they wasted that in most of the titles. Earth-2 is good though. A lot of the Marvel NOW redesigns are also a lot less offensive to the eyes than many of the New 52 ones. I love the Hawkgirl and Alan Scott revamps but most of the new outfits have been pretty bad.
    Last edited by Free-Man; 12-24-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Much better honestly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    The DCnU had the great premise of dumpimg 70 years of continuity and actually providing a fresh starting point.
    I wouldn't call that "great". I'd call it a damn shame.

I wouldn't call that "great". I'd call it a damn shame.
    I know you feel the need to argue every opposing opinion, but meh. They could have had a great jumping on point for new readers but they squandered it by having their cake and eating it too. At least Earth 2 is relatively self contained though and does legitimately start at the beginning.

The original She-Hulk has been around since 1979 and has never in any way detracted from the original, and I can't see why the others do either.
    I don't think the copies detract from the original, but I still think the Red Hulk and both She-Hulks are rather ridiculous concepts.
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

BANNED

I know you feel the need to argue every opposing opinion, but meh. They could have had a great jumping on point for new readers but they squandered it by having their cake and eating it too.
    I keep hearing about these new readers, but there seem to be very few of them. Not enough, in my opinion, to justify alienating formerly loyal longtime readers.
    Last edited by tony ingram; 12-24-2012 at 09:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    I don't think the copies detract from the original, but I still think the Red Hulk and both She-Hulks are rather ridiculous concepts.
    They've led to some good stories, though.

I keep hearing about these new reasers, but there seem to be very few of them.
    Partly because DC and Marvel's attempts at reaching them are rather half-assed. The industry continues to put in laughable numbers while there are people who in theory could be buying these damn books are passing them by.

Not enough, in my opinion, to justify alienating formerly loyal longtime readers.
    Pleasing longtime readers is part of the problem. The industry is too damn insular at this point. To paraphrase Grant Morrison, it's like a septic, ingrown toenail. Rather than trying to please middle aged dudes they should be focusing on trying to reach younger, broader audiences but both Marvel and DC keep screwing it up.

Pleasing longtime readers is part of the problem. The industry is too damn insular at this point. To paraphrase Grant Morrison, it's like a septic, ingrown toenail. Rather than trying to please middle aged dudes they should be focusing on trying to reach younger, broader audiences but both Marvel and DC keep screwing it up.
    Before you can even start trying that you need to fix the broken beyond repair distribution problem.

BANNED

I keep hearing about these new reasers, but there seem to be very few of them. Not enough, in my opinion, to justify alienating formerly loyal longtime readers.
    Tell that to DC sales. Before the reboot they had 20% of the market share before AvX and Now! Aquaman was outselling every single Marvel book. New readers aren't going to go to comic book sites for hardcore fans (though I've seen a few here). Most old readers don't care about continuity aslong as the stories are good. You're the exception and stop acting like you're a majority, you're just a vocal minority.

FF purist-snob

There's a difference between continuity and an over-reliance on continuity. People love shows like Dexter and the Sopranos when every action could mean something and come back later on. In those cases, continuity works well. Your problem appears to be with the fitting together of 52 running titles which is a far messier endeavor. Continuity allows individual stories to fit together into a far larger tale and when donr well makes individual pieces mean something. Individual tales without continuity may be well-told, but we never see any results.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP