Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

1.thunderbolts
    2. Thor
    and that's it
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

There are so many great things to love about Marvel NOW!

1. Great creative teams. I am in love with a lot of the creative teams that have been put on major titles. Bendis/Immonen, Hickman/Bunch of Ass-kickers, Bendis/McNiven, Aaron/Ribic, Hopeless/Walker, Fraction/Allred, Fraction/Aja, Waid/Yu, etc.)
    2. Young Avengers. To me, this is setting up to be the definitive team book experience. It has such a cool vibe to it.
    3. Riskier books. With FF, Fearless Defenders, Hawkeye, etc...it seems like Marvel is taking some experimental roots with their books and I couldn't be happier.
    4. The Avengers. Jonathan Hickman is a gift to this book.
    5. Thor: God of Thunder. If there's one book that's coming out right now that could easily be given to any potential reader, it's this book. I've thus far explained the concept to three different people and their interests have been piqued.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm really enjoying Marvel NOW! My intention was to trade-wait every single book that looked interesting and thus far, I've started getting the monthlies for 7 different books. The pressure on my wallet the last couple of months have been...intense.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    When we're making our top ten most hated moments, that will be 1-10 for me.

have you actually READ the book. and if so, did u go into it without hate? because so far, the book is one of the gems of marvel now
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Quote Originally Posted by E. Wilson View Post
    My favorite thing about Marvel NOW! is that it feel so much more organic than the New 52. A lot of the older runs ended because the older runs actually ended, not because Flashpoint ended...
    Fair observation. It does help that Marvel had an extra year to build to that point, whereas DC desperately needed a shot in the arm at the time.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    have you actually READ the book. and if so, did u go into it without hate? because so far, the book is one of the gems of marvel now
    I can guarantee you that the answer to your second question is no. Look up S/D's post history.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    Fair observation. It does help that Marvel had an extra year to build to that point, whereas DC desperately needed a shot in the arm at the time.
    I read in an interview (but I can't find it now, so take my recollection with a grain of salt) that a big part of the impetus of NOW! was the realization on editorial's part that Hickman's FF, Fraction's Iron Man, Brubaker's Cap, and AvX would be wrapping up within the same time period, and a lot of the idea fell into place afterwards. (It also helps that Marvel stacked the release of the new titles.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Atom_basher View Post
    I read it. And I'm pretty much done after issue one. spoilers:
    They killed my favorite Academy character and are taking it lightly
    end of spoilers So yeah, I hate the book.

1. The solo titles I've been reading have been handled very well. They're mostly self-contained and focus entirely on their title character, clearing any preexisting clutter out of there. Thor: God of Thunder and Indestructible Hulk are easily the two best examples. Both characters are being portrayed in a fresh and exciting manner whilst showing some prior, classic influence. Iron Man was a big letdown as I learned nothing new about Tony Stark. With Hulk and Thor, I've gained a new perspective on their characters and what makes them who they are. Of course, having Lenil Yu and Esad Ribic bring that to life helps a ton.
    2. The team books at least have the promise of being more adventurous and fantastic in nature. This is a big one for me personally. I don't read comic books to follow characters and situations that are directly related to my life. I read them for fantasy and for imaginative settings and circumstances. Grounded stories are fine for street-level characters. Can't deny Bendis' influence in this regard. Comics in general have strayed from the larger-than-life to the ultra-realistic. I, at least, would like to see some balance. The team books bring that promise so far. I'm hoping they can execute.
    3. The choice of artists. Esad Ribic, Stuart Immonen, Lenil Yu and Jerome Opena have been doing phenomenal work. Thor looks like THOR, the X-Men look like the dramatic team they are and Hulk looks full of energy.
    4. The heroes are fighting villains! Much of the past decade had Marvel's heroes basically fighting each other the entire time and villains were just a means to an end. Bring back more credible villains.

thats sad then, issue 2 is really good
    DC League 2007 team Ion Dr Light Faith Animal Man CM3 Guardian Mr Miracle
    Marvel League 2006 champion Exodus Karnilla Living Lightning Talisman Arclight Karma Phantazia

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

I read it. And I'm pretty much done after issue one. spoilers:
    They killed my favorite Academy character and are taking it lightly
    end of spoilers So yeah, I hate the book.

Dammit...Arena #2 is good...like, Hopeless is really good with these new characters.
    Say what now?

BANNED

Dammit, I'm in the trap again. I'll stop now. Contact me through PM.

And just because the second issue is good doesn't mean I like what it's doing.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Dammit, I'm in the trap again. I'll stop now. Contact me through PM.

And just because the second issue is good doesn't mean I like what it's doing.
    Considering the level 5 shit hurricane you've been giving this book, I find everything funny on what you are saying now.

Arena is great, and I love the Braddock Academy kids.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Test of Strength View Post
    Considering the level 5 shit hurricane you've been giving this book, I find everything funny on what you are saying now.

Arena is great, and I love the Braddock Academy kids.
    Replacing your old dog with a new one still hurts bro.

Especially when they're going "HA HA! This character is dead! XD!!!"
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 12-21-2012 at 10:48 AM.

When we're making our top ten most hated moments, that will be 1-10 for me.
    You focus on things you hate a lot. In fact it's pretty much all you post about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Fist of Goa View Post
    You focus on things you hate a lot. In fact it's pretty much all you post about.
    I like FF, I'm optimistic for Young Avengers, and I'm super excited for Fearless Defenders.

And yeah, I'm kinda loud about the things I hate because they kill the things I love.

And you want a top ten list of things I like?

1) The fact Marvel is getting itself organized.
    2) The fact that each title doesn't feel reliant on another title
    3) Better artists all around
    4) FF
    5) Fearless Defenders
    6) Optimistic for Young Avenger for creative team
    7) Uncanny Avengers could be doing some cool stuff. Rogue is an Avenger
    8) Bendis away from Avengers
    9) Superior Spider-Man actually has me excited
    10) Baby Varients

There? Okay? And yeah, those aren't in order at all but art 10 things I'm digging.