View Poll Results: Should Stan Lee write new SPider-Man stories!?

Voters
41. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes, Please!!!

22 53.66%
  • No Way!

19 46.34%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Mask View Post
    It would probably be incredibly corny.
    I agree some of Stans' dialogue and even plots can be a bit corny but I also think he is a really solid story teller.

Quote Originally Posted by George Taylor View Post
    Doesn't he already write that Spidey comic strip?
    I only ever see his strip in the Sunday paper. Is their a collection of Stan's strips in hardcover or TPB?
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

I want to be a "True Believer" one more time.

I'd like to see him write the post-ASM 700 Spider-Man.

It seems like something writers will have fun with.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Quote Originally Posted by jmresp View Post
    I want to be a "True Believer" one more time.
    Excelsior!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

A little story here and there? Sure. But not on an ongoing basis.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzagg View Post
    Yep. Suffice to say, it's a vastly superior read to the regular books...even if the plots are grade-a bonkers.

)
    IF you truly believe that, you don't know anything about comic books. I'm guessing you just hate the current direction. Which is fine. Just realize that you're throwing a hell of a lot of people under the bus when you say a two man three panel piece of art is "vastly superior" to an entire book that comes out twice a month.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

I wouldn't mind seeing some short stories like he did awhile back.

I would love it. But Stan would need to be filled in on the years of stories he hasn't read.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

If he's got a really good story go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    They only keep Stan Lee around and it's not because of his writing ability.He's only there to make Marvel look good.Stan Lee has no powers over anything.If he asks really nicely, they let him write a comic.
    Yeah, this is a pretty stupid response. Sure Lee writes for a different time. so does Jamie Delano, Alan Moore, Frank Miller, etc... Doesn't diminish the quality or entertainment value of the writing, just shows that some readers aren't able to apply context to what they read.

So, I would vote yes.

Does anyone here actually read the strip?

It's not good...like.... at all. Stan's the man. And he's still the man. I'm sure he's still brilliant. But the strip doesn't showcase his level of skill.

I love that the characters are still married in the strip but that fact alone doesn't make the strip good.

Let me add... The strip is good for what it is. It really is. Since other posters were comparing the strip to ASM, I said the strip wasn't good and I was saying it's not good compared to the book. And it's really not a fair comparison.
    Last edited by RyanParkerMan; 01-02-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I would love it. But Stan would need to be filled in on the years of stories he hasn't read.
    True he would need to get continuity tips from an editor or a current writer. That didn't even occur to me when I wrote my OP. If they could sort that out bringing Stan back to the book (when/if Amazing returns) could be a major publicity stunt/marketing gimmick that could draw alot of attention. Whether it would be a good story that lays groundwork for future stories is entirely up in the air, more likely it would be a fun one off and little more.
    Last edited by Ood Omega; 01-02-2013 at 04:02 AM.

Seriously, I wouldn't even have Stan write another letters page! Did you read the one in #700? It was nice to have him in there, but every response was kind of the same. It didn't even sound like he'd paid any attention to what the letter-writer had written. Stan's one of those old guys who's spent so long telling the same jokes that it's hard to get a straight word out of him. No way he should be writing stories again. He's earned the right to lie back, relax and just be Stan Lee 24/7. That's best for everyone.

THE SUPERIOR MEMBER! USERNAME TAKEN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Only if they get Ditko to plot and do the art.
    Otherwise, forget it.
    This basically.
    Adults struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life when the answer is obvious to the smallest child: because it's not real. - Grant Morrison