Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

How about Nicolas Winding Refn, who has shown interest in directing a Wonder Woman movie?

The curious one.

I think a lot would depend on how Peter Jackson views a superhero movie. I don't know, but I'd like to hear his response to being offered it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    I really dont want a WW with daddy issues
    What makes you think he'll put daddy issues into the movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseu Gouveia View Post
    Yes, what a magical island with unicorns and nymphs really needs is realism.
    Yeah, realism from the guy who made a movie about people invading other people's dreams and planting ideas in their minds, all of this orchestrated by "Architects".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From Room X View Post
    What makes you think he'll put daddy issues into the movie?

Yeah, realism from the guy who made a movie about people invading other people's dreams and planting ideas in their minds, all of this orchestrated by "Architects".
    Or Nicola Tesla duplicating people in electric fields.

If a Wonder Woman movie is made it needs to be very realistic and take place in the real world, since the modern audience prefers their heroes to be realistic as opposed to unreal and fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    If a Wonder Woman movie is made it needs to be very realistic and take place in the real world, since the modern audience prefers their heroes to be realistic as opposed to unreal and fantastic.
    The number of fantasy films like Harry Potter show fantasy can be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    How about Nicolas Winding Refn, who has shown interest in directing a Wonder Woman movie?
    This would be my choice. He's a great director and also actually likes the character and wants to make a WW movie.

I honestly think Peter Jackson is getting worse with each movie he makes. I haven't seen the Hobbit yet so he might surprise me, but the last few Peter Jackson movies I watched were very disappointing.

I hope the excesses of the Perez Era (ie; War Of The Gods) and the artistic bankruptcy (Circe stories) that followed it is behind us. I don't want to see the Wonder Woman comic standing in for a Harryhausen film or pretensions to high literature, again. Thee, thou, tho...

Snore.

I'm not sure Peter Jackson is the guy to keep Wonder Woman out of the rafters.
    Last edited by MelDyer; 12-21-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    "I collect beings like him and cut them open--so I can hold in my hand what makes them tick."
    Cassandra on Orion of the New Gods (Wonder Woman #26)

Quote Originally Posted by Seant View Post
    Neither of which are a sign of quality :)
    The Oscars aren't a sign of quality? Kind of the whole point of the oscars

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    But really, shouldn't it be realistic? I think it should be realistic since realistically speaking, a realistic modern audience would prefer realism as opposed to unrealistic unrealism.
    Jean Grey : What makes you such a bitch, Emma?
    Emma Frost : Breeding, darling. Top class breeding.

Some say realistic I say unimaginative that don't like some escapism.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RandomFalls View Post
    This would be my choice. He's a great director and also actually likes the character and wants to make a WW movie.

I honestly think Peter Jackson is getting worse with each movie he makes. I haven't seen the Hobbit yet so he might surprise me, but the last few Peter Jackson movies I watched were very disappointing.
    Agreed. Drive blew me away, although I later learned it was kind of derivative of Travis Bickle's Taxi Driver. Bronson is great too. I think he's also vaguely done mythology stuff in Valhalla Rising, but haven't seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Some say realistic I say unimaginative that don't like some escapism.
    That's the biggest load of crap I've heard for a while.

EDIT: Why should realism in a story make it unimaginative? Please do explain this, I want a laugh.

EDIT II: Does this extend to beyond superhero stories? What about sci-fi? Is the hard sci-fi work of guys like Asimov and Clarke unimaginative in comparison to Star Wars?
    Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 12-21-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's the biggest load of crap I've heard for a while.
    The biggest load of crap I've heard is wanting a Wonder Woman film to be realistic so whatever.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Agreed. Drive blew me away, although I later learned it was kind of derivative of Travis Bickle's Taxi Driver.
    What? I don't see that. Although I do agree that Drive was a great movie. One definite sign of the Oscars not being quality is that it wasn't nominated for best picture (while junk like "the Help" was), and Albert Brooks wasn't nominated for best supporting, while Jonah Hill got a nod for his boring performance in "Moneyball." Trying to go for the young audience, I think.