Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Highlander

Love the original film. The Kurgan is one of the all time great villains. And an amazing soundtrack from Queen! Tried to watch the sequels but just couldn't sit through the mess.

Also watched the series via reruns back when it was on. It was a lot of fun. May have to pickup some seasons on DVD/blu ray.

Give slight edge to Connor/Lambert on the strength of that first film which led to everything after.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier View Post
    Oh yeah. Clancy Brown was head and shoulders the greatest thing about the movie.

Hello!!!Sean Fuckin Connery!!!!!
    Cyclops ad portas

Someone mentioned Spoony..anyone see his review of that Highlander videogame? It was horrible. Not the review, but the game itself.

Damn..speaking of videogames I was just reminded of the Highlander game for the 360 that was supposed to be made, that's lame.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by DeadXMan View Post
    Hello!!!Sean Fuckin Connery!!!!!
    ...got beheaded by Clancy fucking Brown. As awesome as the spanish peacock was, he wasn't wishing a group of nuns "happy halloween".
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

...got beheaded by Clancy fucking Brown. As awesome as the spanish peacock was, he wasn't wishing a group of nuns "happy halloween".
    But then he came back to life in Highlander 2, because he's Sean Connery.

Well excuuuse me princess Mike Pothier's Avatar
    Second star to the right, straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And then suicided because even he couldn't save that train wreck.
    Life is but a dream.

Meeps? MEEEEEEPS!

And then suicided because even he couldn't save that train wreck.
    Cant blame Ramirez for killing himself when he came back to what was an epic fail of a sequel
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Someone mentioned Spoony..anyone see his review of that Highlander videogame? It was horrible. Not the review, but the game itself.

Damn..speaking of videogames I was just reminded of the Highlander game for the 360 that was supposed to be made, that's lame.
    Sadly, yeah, it fell apart. Most of the game's engine wound up being used elsewhere, I think. Besides, it would only really work as a fighting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    No, he was brought back because the investors that funded the initial production, wanted him in the full movie. Not just a flashback. When dealing with that prospect during the series, they only did flashback episodes with characters who were dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Pothier
    As awesome as the spanish peacock was, he wasn't wishing a group of nuns "happy halloween".
    Which is the opposite of how the Kurgan was supposed to be portrayed. He was supposed to more of the Lex Luthor type, a cunning and well dressed villain than the biker who becomes insane after killing Kastagir. In fact, Brown was not happy that the character was dumbed down like that.

the best part was Insano getting the jaguar to work.
    Cyclops ad portas

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    Cant blame Ramirez for killing himself when he came back to what was an epic fail of a sequel

Cyclops ad portas

It does have one redeeming quality: the laugh-out-loud factor of the ball-stabs.

liked the first 2 films...well the re-cut of the 2nd film that gets rid of that alien BS

the TV show was decent enough but I love the overrall concept and I don't think anyone has gotten the full potential out of it just yet
    Support your local roller derby league

What potential is there? Gregory Widen's concept was what would it be like if someone who had lived five hundred years earlier, was still alive and what would his perception be in the present day world. The films and more so, the series explored that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat001 View Post
    What potential is there? Gregory Widen's concept was what would it be like if someone who had lived five hundred years earlier, was still alive and what would his perception be in the present day world. The films and more so, the series explored that.
    maybe getting a better actor who can express that...I mean I like Lambert and Adrian Paul, but master thespians they ain't
    Support your local roller derby league

Okay. Did you get that impression from Connery, whose character had lived for two thousand years? Granted, the screen time was minimal.