Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandor Clegane View Post
    I largely agree, but the flip side is that in a work environment where everyone works remotely, email and texting become a lot more prominent in how workplace communication happens.

And nowadays companies want to see an official paper trail of where, when and how the changes are managed. So it's not at all uncommon for employees in large companies to report to someone that is a continent away, and receive new job assignments via email today.

The real issue here is that this was related publicly to an over-sensitive and over-protective fanbase, who (of course) took it personally, despite it not having squat to do with them.
    Yeah, I agree. The internet loves Simone and largely overreacts at anything related with her. I'm still trying to understand how is Batgirl is supposed to be a critically acclaimed comic, as I've been told on a Batgirl thread.
    No one did anything exactly wrong, but the editor could very well have made a phone call after sending the email. Which, to be honest, we have no idea if he did or not. Simone only said she was informed first by email.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

The book she is writing is going to be Sensational Comics.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman4 View Post
    On Tuesday Gail posted this on her Facebook page:

"Oooooh, I'ma get to write some of my absolute favorite chicks. Can't wait, can't wait, can't WAIT."

I'm guessing if it's not a whole new book she'll be taking over World's Finest.
    That would be fantastic. No matter how inconsistent her recent work was, getting rid of Paul Levitz can only be an improvement.
    Last edited by Rakzo; 12-20-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    The book she is writing is going to be Sensational Comics.
    Sensation Comics and it would be indeed, sensational.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Sensation Comics and it would be indeed, sensational.
    Did you read her Wonder Woman run? If it was anything like that, it would be a lot of things, but sensantional wouldn't be one of them.

Well she never technically said she was fired. Just that she was no longer the writer of Batgirl. I actually had a feeling that she was gonna be put on another DC book, but just that she had to keep it under wraps

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Did you read her Wonder Woman run? If it was anything like that, it would be a lot of things, but sensantional wouldn't be one of them.
    Her Wonder Woman was'nt bad, it was'nt great either but it was'nt bad at all. Her characterization of Diana was spot-on but her stories were not that interesting.

Besides, I'm sure that if Sensation Comics is relaunched it will not only focus on WW but it also would showcase all the superheroines from the DC universe. Plus, we need a pure superhero WW alternative from Azzarello's great but more Vertigo oriented take.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

The only fan favourites Gail Simone can write are the ones she made into favourites. So I'll read anything she writes that has Catman.

Is this going to be the Plastic Man with with EVS?
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    The only fan favourites Gail Simone can write are the ones she made into favourites. So I'll read anything she writes that has Catman.

Is this going to be the Plastic Man with with EVS?
    Ethan Van Sciver is the new artist on Batman - The Dark Knight so it won't be an ongoing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Her Wonder Woman was'nt bad, it was'nt great either but it was'nt bad at all. Her characterization of Diana was spot-on but her stories were not that interesting.

Besides, I'm sure that if Sensation Comics is relaunched it will not only focus on WW but it also would showcase all the superheroines from the DC universe. Plus, we need a pure superhero WW alternative from Azzarello's great but more Vertigo oriented take.
    You just said her stories were bland with Wonder Woman. Same happened in Batgirl (I'll call that a very personal opinion, so that I don't have to get into a discussion). Not really something that makes me interested in seeing her doing again what she has failed to do more than once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Ethan Van Sciver is the new artist on Batman - The Dark Knight so it won't be an ongoing.
    If it's an OGN, it's probably already done.

She had a Wonder Woman picture on her Twitter account so it would make sense.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Do people forget she is doing Green Lantern: Earth One?
    If we forget something that I've never seen even mentioned anywhere else, even on Bleeding Cool? Well, yes. But please, tell me that (completely true, I'm sure) rumor.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The internet loves Simone and largely overreacts at anything related with her. I'm still trying to understand how is Batgirl is supposed to be a critically acclaimed comic, as I've been told on a Batgirl thread.
    No one did anything exactly wrong, but the editor could very well have made a phone call after sending the email. Which, to be honest, we have no idea if he did or not. Simone only said she was informed first by email.
    Any way, the issues she had written already were last-second scrapped and I've heard rumors I have no idea if it's true or not but there are rumors that she refused to fridge a character and was fired.

BANNED

Yeah, the inventor of the expression gets fired because she refused to fridge a character. I have no idea how that rumor could possibly be made up.

Btw, I find the notion that is wrong to kill a female character simply because she's a female ridiculous. I hear no similar complaint when a male character dies. Anytime a female dies? "The writer is a misogynist", expression mostly used by people who have no idea of its meaning.

And changes makde to issues/scrapped issues is happening to a lot of creators, not just to Simone.