Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Rumour: Gail Simone To Announce New Book Or Something

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/12/...omorrow-again/
    BC is usually very accurate with rumours and called her leaving Batgirl. This book will apparently break the internet and make whiney fanboys wet their pants so I call Secret Six or Steph and Cass. Or maybe a combo team with Catman and a former Batgirl. Or she'll be randomly promoted. Or another reintroduction to an old character.

BANNED

Will it really be a new book? We just already got the Fourth Wave announced.

I hope she takes over Suicide Squad.

BANNED

The book itself is not said to be surprising, just the fact that she's still at DC. Normally when a creator drops the last book she has at a company and complains about that same company, it's a signal the creator is going elsewhere. In this case, it didn't happen.
    I'm glad. Simone is capable of great things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Will it really be a new book? We just already got the Fourth Wave announced.

I hope she takes over Suicide Squad.
    The announced JLA and Snyder Lee Superman pretty far in advance.

Don't do the Limbo sunofdarkchild's Avatar

Where does that say that it will break the internet?

Edit: Oh. The title.
    Last edited by sunofdarkchild; 12-20-2012 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

It could very well simply be the Plastic Man OGN.

Surprised to still see her at DC after the manner of her firing. Wonder if some of the other editors were annoyed with Cunningham firing her or how he handled it and so gave her an offer she couldn't refuse...

I dunno if Suicide Squad would be that shocking, but it would be something I would want her to write. But if it genuinely is a champagne-spitting moment, yeah, I guess then it'd be like something involving Catman or the other Batgirls or maybe Donna Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    It could very well simply be the Plastic Man OGN.
    Possible, but that's been in the works for a while so I dunno if that would really be that surprising.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Surprised to still see her at DC after the manner of her firing. Wonder if some of the other editors were annoyed with Cunningham firing her or how he handled it and so gave her an offer she couldn't refuse...
    No. Things aren't made and announced in a week.

BANNED

While I don't have high hopes it is this, but could it be the proposed youth team Lobdell hinted at?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kent View Post
    The book itself is not said to be surprising, just the fact that she's still at DC. Normally when a creator drops the last book she has at a company and complains about that same company, it's a signal the creator is going elsewhere. In this case, it didn't happen.
    I'm glad. Simone is capable of great things.
    She didnt actually complain over DC, she expressed her disappointment over being removed from the book, but unlike Liefeld she hasn't been throwing poo at everyone in sight.

Catwoman, Catwoman, Catwoman... Especially after yesterday's issue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    She didnt actually complain over DC, she expressed her disappointment over being removed from the book, but unlike Liefeld she hasn't been throwing poo at everyone in sight.
    Oh, I'm not comparing her to Liefeld in any way. Just saying she has been showing that she wasn't pleased with the way she was treated and she is right. As much as I disliked Batgirl, you really owe a professional a little more than an email when you fire them.

Gail Simone writing an ongoing Flash Rogues series, with Scott Kolins on art. It is a long shot, but a girl can dream.

Metal Woman

I wouldn't be surprised if Cunningham got a good slap on the wrist, if only because Gail has been working with them for so long.

Veteran Member

It seems like is going to be a really surprising announcement, most likely a new book from the fifth wave due to the amount of hype they're producing.

I'm all for it, despite of my criticism of Gail's New 52 work I still think she's a pretty talented writer and I will at least try any new project from her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Catwoman, Catwoman, Catwoman... Especially after yesterday's issue.
    Now that would make me take out the champagne. That book is so godawful.