Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LA now, NYC born & raised Ziza9's Avatar

All over this!

The fact that it is a series of OGNs and not a serialized monthly is an added bonus. I wish more American comics followed this format.
    Child of the Bronze Age.
    My Con schedule: Wondercon, E3, SDCC

The Padre (Guy Padre) @ http://godhatesgeeks.com/

Really looking forward to this. Love Sejic's art, and its perfect for this kind of high fantasy.

Marz as co-writer, filling in the details while Sejic writes the basic plt and creates the characters, is perfect. I've always felt that Marz is a master at scripting and dialogue, but his own basic plots tend to be cliched and unimaginative. So this approach, along with being a set of OGNs, is great.
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M Davis View Post
    im buying 2 copies. 1 for myself the other for my sis-in-law.
    I've been 100% digital for nearly 3 years, but this may be the first comic book I buy in print (as well as digital).
    virtue untested is innocence.
    When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember it is still an evil.

Epic fantasy comic? Not enough of those around. I'm definitely going to get the first GN. February 13, 2013 is the projected date from the looks of it.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    I've never read any of this pair's other Top Cow collabs, but wow - the visuals of this project are just stunning!

Also, I dig that this isn't just a vanity project for an artist, but a fully realized world he has been building and living in for a decade. That speaks really well not only of the time put into developing it, but also that it's bound to be a lot more multi-layered than your typical fantasy world just through the sheer amount of gestation its been through.

Plus: no floppies! Count me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziza9 View Post
    All over this!

The fact that it is a series of OGNs and not a serialized monthly is an added bonus. I wish more American comics followed this format.
    I love the OGN format for things I'm interested in. What I noticed is that a lot of OGNs I've seen are published by Vertigo and are usually crime. I don't really care for crime comics. I mainly love 100 Bullets because of the way Azzarello and Risso work together.

This being a big fantasy comic in OGN format with multiple OGNs slated to be released? The way Sejic talks about this sounds like what Tolkien went through when he came up with the Lord of the Rings books. He spent years trying to establish and polish the world, with language, location and myths. It was so amazing to watch the documentar. With Ravine, I will be promoting the hell out of this book to anyone who will listen to me.

thank you all for putting a big smile on this crazy storytellers face :)
    here is some of ... the beyond insane amount of material i currently have for the book.
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/galle...02183#/d5nzb2j
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...10002183&qo=72
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...F10002183&qo=3
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...2F9888339&qo=3

i wont link more jsut because second part of the interview which concerns characters is on the way :)

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    buuut as i don't see titties in people's faces and penetrations helping the story progress in any way)
    You don't? I'll still be buying this, but I think you should work some boobs-in-faces panels into a later volume. Rock on.
    DROKK IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoGoatee View Post
    You don't? I'll still be buying this, but I think you should work some boobs-in-faces panels into a later volume. Rock on.
    Please consider this, Stjepan! Please, please consider this :)

thank you all for putting a big smile on this crazy storytellers face :)
    here is some of ... the beyond insane amount of material i currently have for the book.
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/galle...02183#/d5nzb2j
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...10002183&qo=72
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...F10002183&qo=3
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/r...2F9888339&qo=3

i wont link more jsut because second part of the interview which concerns characters is on the way :)
    Thanks for sharing. Very much looking forward to this. I think going the graphic novel route is the best decision that could have been made!

Fan of Marz and this genre. I am going to collect in print although I am getting most books in digital these days.
    Stay Vocal, Demand More MI13 and Black Knight. Buy Original Sins #2
    Support Top Cow- Witchblade and Ravine! Stjepan Sejic Rules!

Holy shit, this looks amazing.. count me in.

glad you like it. , make s me slightly optimistic as the first issue is by far the worst looking one XD. now to spam an issue every 4 months... huzzah!

Altercator- ravine handles mature themes , a lot of them but i always felt that sexuality in comics is subservient to the story. so in the context of the story, yes it will be a part of it, as will violence and cursing... buuut as i don't see titties in people's faces and penetrations helping the story progress in any way, i will be creative. i have a way of making scenes intensely sexy and erotic without doing the easiest thing... and lets face it, between characters nebezial and delphi... one with dragontails for legs, and other with basically a medusa head...its a matter of moment when some crazy fanarts might pop out if the comic gains any momentum XD

aand if it by some miracle becomes big in japan....sigh

JaggedFel- that is an old issue when writing fantasy. take any true fantasy book and it takes some time to get those names right. but hey, in the 12 issues of ravine , you ultimately get over 1500 pages of comic alone. then there is over 400 pages of bonus materials that is not crucial to the story, but helps build the world . consider it like those last pages of lord of the rings, tales and songs about things mentioned but never delved into. trust me by issue 3 you will be fluent in ravine XD

dimo1 as you may have noticed on my devart i am very big on learning and progressing. for instance i too hate my work on witchblade. back in the day i was shy on interpretation of scripts. often in comics you get scripts with a lot of- dialogue to be added shots. so i used to interpret those as , just add a neutral expression XD
    i know better now... you might say i have grown very fond of facial expressions, gestures, and other wonderful kinds of storytelling. aaand i have no plans of letting my skills stagnate :)
    Its a shame Im reading this from you, because I love your work on Witchblade

oh dont get me wrong, i hate my work overall, it is a deep seething unsatisfied feeling that keeps telling me i should be better. its my fuel :) i loved working on it... i'm just not a fan of... well..myself XD

Stay Vocal, Demand More MI13 and Black Knight. Buy Original Sins #2
    Support Top Cow- Witchblade and Ravine! Stjepan Sejic Rules!