Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default "Ravine" is a Fantasy for Sejic & Marz

"Witchblade" and "Artifacts" collaborators Stjepan Sejic and Ron Marz unveil their new project "Ravine," a fantasy-based series of graphic novels that will push Sejic to his artistic limits.

Full article here.

I look forward to checking this out, Sejic rocks.
    DROKK IT!!

Yeah, ill be getting this for sure.

Love this, the art looks great and Marz is awesome

Will this be for mature readers? As in, will it have nudity, occasional swearing, etc.?

Definitely looking forward to this. I'm glad Sejic (whose art is amazing, of course, but has also shown some really solid storytelling in some of his personal stuff on deviantart) brought in Marz to shore up the dialogue and help co-plot; I think the whole will be stronger as a result. :)

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Fantasy? Marz? Stejic? OGN and not monthly? Yeah. Count me in.
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Though I admire his artistic skills, so far Sejic's work on Witchblade hasn't convinced me yet. Ravine on the other hand looks fantastic, he seems to fire on all cylinders and following his posts on Deviant Art he is really into this project. As he brings along Marz for polishing up the scripts and storylines means guaranteed purchase on my behalf.
    Last edited by dimo1; 12-20-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Sounds Good. I am going to enjoy although wow its going to be difficult keeping track of so many character names.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

glad you like it. , make s me slightly optimistic as the first issue is by far the worst looking one XD. now to spam an issue every 4 months... huzzah!

Altercator- ravine handles mature themes , a lot of them but i always felt that sexuality in comics is subservient to the story. so in the context of the story, yes it will be a part of it, as will violence and cursing... buuut as i don't see titties in people's faces and penetrations helping the story progress in any way, i will be creative. i have a way of making scenes intensely sexy and erotic without doing the easiest thing... and lets face it, between characters nebezial and delphi... one with dragontails for legs, and other with basically a medusa head...its a matter of moment when some crazy fanarts might pop out if the comic gains any momentum XD

aand if it by some miracle becomes big in japan....sigh

JaggedFel- that is an old issue when writing fantasy. take any true fantasy book and it takes some time to get those names right. but hey, in the 12 issues of ravine , you ultimately get over 1500 pages of comic alone. then there is over 400 pages of bonus materials that is not crucial to the story, but helps build the world . consider it like those last pages of lord of the rings, tales and songs about things mentioned but never delved into. trust me by issue 3 you will be fluent in ravine XD

dimo1 as you may have noticed on my devart i am very big on learning and progressing. for instance i too hate my work on witchblade. back in the day i was shy on interpretation of scripts. often in comics you get scripts with a lot of- dialogue to be added shots. so i used to interpret those as , just add a neutral expression XD
    i know better now... you might say i have grown very fond of facial expressions, gestures, and other wonderful kinds of storytelling. aaand i have no plans of letting my skills stagnate :)

Oh I know your deviantart page has been pretty helpful. I was just wondering if topcow will put up a character list at least for the main party members and villains on their webpage.

Thanks for taking time to comment.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dimo1 View Post
    Though I admire his artistic skills, so far Sejic's work on Witchblade hasn't convinced me yet. Ravine on the other hand looks fantastic, he seems to fire on all cylinders and following his posts on Deviant Art he is really into this project. As he brings along Marz for polishing up the scripts and storylines means guaranteed purchase on my behalf.
    .......... he has been on witchblade for years, done 2 crossover events related to witchblade (first born, broken trinity), a angelus mini series and is currently on Artifacts. if you arent convinced you will never be.
    Sejic is Astonishing
    Last edited by Movieartman; 12-20-2012 at 03:32 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    dimo1 as you may have noticed on my devart i am very big on learning and progressing. for instance i too hate my work on witchblade. back in the day i was shy on interpretation of scripts. often in comics you get scripts with a lot of- dialogue to be added shots. so i used to interpret those as , just add a neutral expression XD
    i know better now... you might say i have grown very fond of facial expressions, gestures, and other wonderful kinds of storytelling. aaand i have no plans of letting my skills stagnate :)
    Sejic, dont let anyone including yourself get you down, your work on Witchblade is unequeled, all dew respect to Michael Turner (RIP) but you made witchblade yours, first born, Especialy broken trinity, war of the witchblades, the last arc you did with the short haired goddess chick, all stand IMO as some of the greastest examples of digital comic art i have ever seen.

cant wait for ravine and especialy the upcoming aphrodite ix series your doing
    (QUESTION = is it a mini series or a ongoing? thanks)

have a great christmas

I've never read any of this pair's other Top Cow collabs, but wow - the visuals of this project are just stunning!

Also, I dig that this isn't just a vanity project for an artist, but a fully realized world he has been building and living in for a decade. That speaks really well not only of the time put into developing it, but also that it's bound to be a lot more multi-layered than your typical fantasy world just through the sheer amount of gestation its been through.

Plus: no floppies! Count me in.
    Last edited by krisis; 12-20-2012 at 03:44 PM.

http://lordtoede.blogspot Scott M Davis's Avatar

im buying 2 copies. 1 for myself the other for my sis-in-law.
    Pull List: Valiant Titles, All New Marvel Now Titles, Popeye Classics, Haunted Horror.