Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

What I'm most curious about (if the Star War license shifts to Marvel at some point in the future, I don't put much stock in this specific rumor, but it is inevitable) is how this will affect all the Star Wars digital material available through the Dark Horse Digital store. As this will be the first major shift of a large body of work between publishers who use different apps to distribute content. Will I still be able to redownload the material I've already purchased through Dark Horse even if they're not able to sell the material any more? Or will I lose access to everything I've purchased access too? This is the big question that's got me holding up on buying any Star Wars content from Dark Horse at the moment.

BANNED

If Marvel tramples all over canon could the fans go wild?

Let's they pay for 2 ongoing titles by already established authors who know the canon that will be published free online?

Could it work?

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    What I'm most curious about (if the Star War license shifts to Marvel at some point in the future, I don't put much stock in this specific rumor, but it is inevitable) is how this will affect all the Star Wars digital material available through the Dark Horse Digital store. As this will be the first major shift of a large body of work between publishers who use different apps to distribute content. Will I still be able to redownload the material I've already purchased through Dark Horse even if they're not able to sell the material any more? Or will I lose access to everything I've purchased access too? This is the big question that's got me holding up on buying any Star Wars content from Dark Horse at the moment.

Yeah, that's also the big question for me. Most comics I get, I read once then they just kind of take up space. Either on my iPad or in my house. The Star Wars comics are the only ones I buy that I really want to keep. I think, for me, that means switching back over to trades.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    They are relauching Comic's Greatest World, so somewhere down the line she'll show up.
    Well I can see X is coming back thats cool, but what about some of the other ones like Machine Man,? will it all be interconnected through steel harbor city?

Man, i so can't wait to see Luke, Han, Lando and Chewie having some breakfast together with instant classic Bendis dialogs such as :

-it's good coffee right there, want some Luke ?

-sure, thanks Hans, want a croissant Lando ?

-(looking like Luke Cage) does Tatoine has two suns ? Keep them coming !!

But jokes aside, the big question is indeed concerning the digital stuff. Maybe Disney and Dark Horse can agree on a deal who knows? As long as the evil mouse gets some money after all its happy.
    Last edited by Addams; 12-23-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    Well I can see X is coming back thats cool, but what about some of the other ones like Machine Man,? will it all be interconnected through steel harbor city?
    Don't know yet, but Joe Casey is writing an anthology CGW title, if my memory serves me correct, so many characters are bound to show up there.

Don't know yet, but Joe Casey is writing an anthology CGW title, if my memory serves me correct, so many characters are bound to show up there.
    You sure its not some Dark Horse presents one shot,
    I dig the idea of a anthology thats what I think Dynamite should do with their pulp heroes, its like 3 books in one

Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    You sure its not some Dark Horse presents one shot,
    I dig the idea of a anthology thats what I think Dynamite should do with their pulp heroes, its like 3 books in one
    Nope, CBR interview with Joe Casey about CGW's Catalyst Comix here

Nope, CBR interview with Joe Casey about CGW's Catalyst Comix here
    Awesome, I liked X , he was like Batman minus all the rules lol. I recently got a lot of... I would have to say close to the entire CGW run for I dunno close to a measly 20 current marvel books. The guy really liked Deadpool, and he wanted to get rid of some of his edgy comics so his kids didn't read them. Gotta flip through most of those comics.

What about the rumor that Disney is buying Dark Horse?

Doesn't seem very likely, what would the mouse gain from it?

Quote Originally Posted by Circleoffire View Post
    Star Wars is comin' home!!

THANK GOD!!!! Cant wait!
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Poo. Marvel has done terrible with the Disney properties. CrossGen sucked. It was horrible. And what did they do with the Disney stuff BOOM! was doing? Nothing. I'm not looking forward to this but I hope Marvel proves me wrong.

BANNED

Wasn't there a rumor that they will set up a special department just to deal with SW if they take over or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Choblik View Post
    Wasn't there a rumor that they will set up a special department just to deal with SW if they take over or something?
    That's just something some fan said somewhere.

Truthfully, nobody knows anything about the future of Star Wars comics except Lucasfilms (and perhaps Dark Horse), but no official statement has been made other that Dark Horse will continue to be publishing Star Wars comics at least into 2013. Everything else is speculation or rumors from various websites, but they're being treated as official news by some.

A couple of things to take into consideration is that while Disney owns Lucasfilms, Lucasfilms really made its money by licensing its properties to various other companies--such as Dark Horse--that pay them, invest in the production of product, and then submit that product to Lucasfilms Licensing for final approval. Depending on the nature of the licensing deal, these other companies may also have to pay Lucasfilms a percentage of any profit from the sales of the product too. In that regard, it may be less profitable for Disney to have that level of corporate synergy between Lucasilms and Marvel unless Star Wars comics sell about as well as Marvel's top books. If the license stays with Dark Horse, it still will be under authorization from Disney (through Lucasfilms). If the license goes to Marvel it may very well be with a mandate to merge the two universes together someway.
    Always remember this stuff isn't real.