Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 85
  1. #31
    Junior Member capesNmasks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Well...better start writing that letter of appreciation for Dark Horse. I do have to thank their Star Wars comics for getting me into comic books, after all....

  2. #32
    Junior Member IAMFeAR7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    228

    Default

    We all know what that means: Jaxxon the green bunny + Rocket Raccoon crossover!!!

  3. #33
    Exiled to Earth F The Valeyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by _Pandora_ View Post
    If the license does go to Marvel, would Dark Horse keep the rights to the characters they created? Like Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo in Star Wars: Legacy. I wonder if Dark Horse lost the Star Wars comics license to Marvel, if they would still keep stories and characters that they created. They would obviously not be able to use Darth Vader and all preexisting characters...But what about the characters Dark Horse created like those in Star Wars: Legacy?

    Could it be that Dark Horse loses everything? I could see that happening. But I've seen alot of writers and comic companies keeping the characters they've created, and things like that too. So I wonder how that would play out. Would Marvel get everything, including Cade, Ania, and everything in Star Wars: Legacy? Or would Dark Horse be able to keep Cade, Ania, characters and stories like that? If Dark Horse kept them, they would obviously have to do something a little different. It wouldn't be Star Wars any more, and the comics would have to be under a different name.

    Anyone have a good guess as to what would happen with this?

    Thanks for any input.

    Dark Horse owns nothing. Lucasfilm owns every character and story that was created during the run. When the license goes to Marvel, everything goes with it.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

  4. #34

    Default

    Gee, doesn't seem that long ago that I was arguing on this board with someone that this is exactly what would happen...Wait, it wasn't that long ago! Can't believe anyone could think otherwise. Also doubt Disney really cares about Star Wars comics outside of potential cross-promotional purposes.

  5. #35
    14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Somewhere In....AMERICA!
    Posts
    50,345

    Default

    Its not a shock...remember when Dark Horse claimed they were publishing til the next contract came due. And annouced they had the 2013 series. Something tells me there was an early our clause...because why promote to launch a new series....the year your losing the license. I believe Disney's lawyers (who are the best in the world ...its always said...DON'T FUCK WITH DISNEY) likely contacted Dark Horse and found an out clause and basically said "Were gonna exercise our clause to end our contract in 2013." Dark Horse likely realized ...they would never beat Disney.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

    Sucks 200 character limit.

  6. #36

    Default

    Star Wars is comin' home!!

  7. #37

    Default

    In regard to the rumors Dark horse commented on their facebook

    In regards to all the rumors flying around, Dark Horse won't be announcing anything until after the 1st of the new year, per request of LucasFilm. Have fun speculating and stay tuned!
    So we'll see.

  8. #38
    Kiss My Axe! aNamored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Gone Shoggey somewhere between Bogan and Albion
    Posts
    5,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blastermaster View Post
    In regard to the rumors Dark horse commented on their facebook

    In regards to all the rumors flying around, Dark Horse won't be announcing anything until after the 1st of the new year, per request of LucasFilm. Have fun speculating and stay tuned!

    So we'll see.
    Thanks, Blastermaster. Really would love another two years of Dawn of the Jedi and/or John and Jan continuing it uninterrupted at Marvel.
    Who squeezed the Shaman?

  9. #39
    Snarky Infested Anthony Devianza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sunny Hellifornia...
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    I never was a huge Star Wars fan, I thought GI Joe was cooler back then. But I did read the Marvel comic here and there in the early 80's and it wasn't half bad, I liked how it expanded on things. With that being said, although I've never read what Dark Horse has done with the property, I don't think Marvel taking Star Wars back would be a bad thing. I heard Dark Horse really expanded the universe but honestly, with a property like Star Wars, it would make more sense to keep it strictly about the core characters in the films, it would be easier to market to a larger audience that way. And if Disney is smart, they'll toss it back to marvel and do just that.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deviancy View Post
    I never was a huge Star Wars fan, I thought GI Joe was cooler back then. But I did read the Marvel comic here and there in the early 80's and it wasn't half bad, I liked how it expanded on things. With that being said, although I've never read what Dark Horse has done with the property, I don't think Marvel taking Star Wars back would be a bad thing. I heard Dark Horse really expanded the universe but honestly, with a property like Star Wars, it would make more sense to keep it strictly about the core characters in the films, it would be easier to market to a larger audience that way. And if Disney is smart, they'll toss it back to marvel and do just that.
    Dark Horse has expanded the Star Wars universe yes, but they always had series focusing on the core cast of the star wars movies, Rebellion, Empire, their Darth Vader series, Rebublic, right now their new Star Wars series by Brian Wood is doing it. They've also had comic books following the cast from the Best-seller novels from Del Ray e.g. Star wars Invasion. But they've also expanded with original, fan-favorite series like Knights of the old Republic, Legacy, Dawn of the Jedi etc. They done it better than Marvel did and probably ever will. If Disney wants a series to market Brian Wood's Star wars is just that, all you have to see is episode 4 and having watched the prequels doesn't impact the series at all.

  11. #41
    Senior Member AJBopp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,785

    Default

    I can't wait for the 12 issue crossover where the New Republic creates a Jedi Registration directive and Luke and the Jedi have a big fight with Leia, Han and the New Republic. Jacen takes the side of the Jedi and Jaina sides with the NR. Three pages before the end of the last issue, Luke surrenders for no clear reason, and the NR puts dark forces in charge of the Jedi Council. There are 3 years of introspection and soul searching as a broken family tries to heal itself while evil forces gather strength and take advantage of the NR and Jedi being unwilling to do absolutely anything.

    Yay Marvel.
    In my opinion is implied in every post. Please make an effort to remember that.

  12. #42
    Veteran Member JaggedFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,512

    Default

    Please Marvel will wait until the movies and then do it off that.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

  13. #43
    Beast Within Rabidwolfdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Jerzey
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Its all Money, just a shift in licence power. I honestly don't see this move being any different then Marvel having the rights to Stephen King books. I'd like to see how Dark Horse patches this up, Star Wars has to be one of their big books, whats next for them? Maybe we'll see a return of some Dark Horse Classics like BarbWire
    Last edited by Rabidwolfdog; 12-22-2012 at 10:16 AM.

  14. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I can't wait for the 12 issue crossover where the New Republic creates a Jedi Registration directive and Luke and the Jedi have a big fight with Leia, Han and the New Republic. Jacen takes the side of the Jedi and Jaina sides with the NR. Three pages before the end of the last issue, Luke surrenders for no clear reason, and the NR puts dark forces in charge of the Jedi Council. There are 3 years of introspection and soul searching as a broken family tries to heal itself while evil forces gather strength and take advantage of the NR and Jedi being unwilling to do absolutely anything.

    Yay Marvel.
    I think you should read some of the newer novels. You'll be suprised.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rabidwolfdog View Post
    Its all Money, just a shift in licence power. I honestly don't see this move being any different then Marvel having the rights to Stephen King books. I'd like to see how Dark Horse patches this up, Star Wars has to be one of their big books, whats next for them? Maybe we'll see a return of some Dark Horse Classics like BarbWire
    They are relauching Comic's Greatest World, so somewhere down the line she'll show up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •