Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

How much are SW books monthly from Dark Horse? I wonder if they'll go the $3.99 way at Marvel.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Rulk needs his moustache! ResIpsaLoquitur's Avatar

I hope they at least have the decency to let Dark Horse wrap up their existing properties. For example, I love "Dark Times," but there's a lot of unresolved plotlines in that book and I hope DH can get a final, satisfying wrapup arc out. With "Legacy," I hope they can at least complete one arc before it's cancelled.

Even better, I'd love it if this stuff would just quietly move over to Marvel. If DH only gets 3 issues of "Legacy" out, I hope Marvel picks up with #4.

Even better-er, I'd love it if Dark Horse just keeps the darn license.
    "Well, last night's episode was a very special episode. They revealed that the Incredible Hulk has an evil twin. And he's not green. He's red."

Hopefully, we see a real omnibus or two. None of these flimsy paperback ones.
    Today, I make no demands... no threats! But, one day, I shall voice demands -- and all shall obey them!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelPaytonMZ View Post
    so that revival of Star Wars Legacy...yeah. that was cancelled before the first issue came out. Seriously: $#@^ You Mickey. @#$% You. You deserve to have your Spidey #700 leaked online.
    Where did you read this? It wasn't in the story and CBR had an interview with the creators yesterday.

---------------------

Edit: Randy Stradley on Dark Horse's message boards: "My advice is don't believe everything you see. Especially if it originates on a fan site."

That looks like a denial to me.
    Last edited by DonC; 12-20-2012 at 01:34 PM.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

I'm shocked, I tell you. Shocked.
    "The Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker side of the Doctor’s nature. Somewhere between his 12th and final incarnation."

Karma ran over Dogma grphxkindaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if.. if.. this happens.. there needs to be an editor in place that exclusively deals with Star Wars projects (no juggling this plus the latest marvel-heroes crossover epic). It needs to be someone who understands the franchise, who 'gets' its meanings in pop-literature. It is someone who is willing to let the Star Wars brand sell itself on its own terms-- not try to turn it into Marvel superheroes. A mix of original mini-series, one-shots, and adaptations of prose novels should be well received, if the marketing is done right. Get talented writers and artists involved, even if they don't come from the world of "traditional" super-hero comics, or even comics at all. Dark Horse clearly had a formula that worked-- it would be premature to just chuck away their model because a new management structure takes over handling the brand.
    This...THIS...has some great ideas that I concur/support 100%...
    Comics still reading: Floppies- Saga TPB- GI Joe ARAH, Sixth Gun, Hawkeye, Usagi Yojimbo. DC nu52 is unreadable...

Quote Originally Posted by josh straightedge View Post
    How much are SW books monthly from Dark Horse? I wonder if they'll go the $3.99 way at Marvel.
    Occasionally, we get one that is $3.50, but for the most part they're all $2.99.

Randy Stradley over at the Dark Horse forums told us to not believe everything we read on the internet.

It is a random blogger site so maybe its just a rumour. They wouldnt announce a new book if they know the rights are going to Marvel.

Maybe now that MARVEL is handling this, I might actually pick it up.

Dark Horse gets owned again! LOL
    Pull list: Almost every Marvel book, Age of Bronze, Captain Midnight, some Dynamite & Image. I AM DC COMIC FREE!

Hmm. Why do I get the feeling Marvel is going to turn Star Wars into crap. Watch them make it all cartoony to sell toys.

At first it seems like this is a big blow to Dark Horse, but that depends on how they want to move forward. How profitable are these licensed comics? Personally I would like to see them do more creator owned titles, like Image. I think the Image strategy is the way to go right now and as a fan I want to see more creative and innovative titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Parch View Post
    Hmm. Why do I get the feeling Marvel is going to turn Star Wars into crap. Watch them make it all cartoony to sell toys.

At first it seems like this is a big blow to Dark Horse, but that depends on how they want to move forward. How profitable are these licensed comics? Personally I would like to see them do more creator owned titles, like Image. I think the Image strategy is the way to go right now and as a fan I want to see more creative and innovative titles.
    They could even make their own sci fi universe with Ostrander and Durseema and everything. Id check that out for sure. Have a bunch of titles in the same universe with different characters.

I hope Dark Horse keeps the license,

or if that isn't happening...Marvel just moves series over quietly with the same teams/etc. I just want Dawn of the Jedi to have a decent run.

I misread this earlier this morning and thought Marvel would be getting the license at the end of 2014.
    This signature will self-destruct in five seconds...

If the license does go to Marvel, would Dark Horse keep the rights to the characters they created? Like Cade Skywalker, and Ania Solo in Star Wars: Legacy. I wonder if Dark Horse lost the Star Wars comics license to Marvel, if they would still keep stories and characters that they created. They would obviously not be able to use Darth Vader and all preexisting characters...But what about the characters Dark Horse created like those in Star Wars: Legacy?

Could it be that Dark Horse loses everything? I could see that happening. But I've seen alot of writers and comic companies keeping the characters they've created, and things like that too. So I wonder how that would play out. Would Marvel get everything, including Cade, Ania, and everything in Star Wars: Legacy? Or would Dark Horse be able to keep Cade, Ania, characters and stories like that? If Dark Horse kept them, they would obviously have to do something a little different. It wouldn't be Star Wars any more, and the comics would have to be under a different name.

Anyone have a good guess as to what would happen with this?

Thanks for any input.

if this is true look foward to Boba Fett and the guardians of the galaxy by bendis and maleev

Dark Horse doesn't own any of the characters they've created. That all belongs to Lucasfilm.