Question Is Medal of Honor the next Final Fantasy???

Is Medal of Honor the next Final Fantasy???

Postby thisithis Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:14 am
    I was talking to a friend the other day who was a ex-Medal of Honor and Final Fantasy as well as a Call Of Duty fan. But started talking how Both Medal of Honor and Final Fantasy had so much in Common, as well as having some small to huge Differences. One is that Medal of Honor don't have a MMORPG like Final Fantasy 14. But, he put up a list.

1. Everything went down after the Original Devs left. Now I have no clue on Final Fantasy, my friend told me a lot of crap. But, I forgot it. But I do know After Medal of Honor: Allied Assault it all went down, I know there not the Original Dev team. But, most of the Devs working on Allied Assault left EA and went to Activision calling Themselves Infinity Ward to work on the Call of Duty series.

2. The Hallways. My friend told me that Final Fantasy used to have Free-roaming anywhere. But with Final Fantasy 13 that was all taken away. Now I can't say For myself if that's true. I'll just leave that to the Final Fantasy fans. But, what I do know is that Medal of Honor is a FPS, and like most FPS you have a hallway. From point a to point b.

3. Both of the Single player games sucked balls badly, So badly that Fans of both Franchises hated them. This I can Definitely say for Both. Final Fantasy 13 I know for a fact was not Well received by fans at all. And Medal of Honor: Warfighter, I know for a fact that every Medal of Honor, Call of Duty and Battlefield or just a general fan of FPS call this game a Piece of s*** in Every way. hell, EA is no longer on the NASDAQ list, Because of it. And some fans are Screaming, "Betrayal".

4. That last few games had Either POP or some form of rock band to help Promote there games. All I know about Final Fantasy is that they had J-POP Music to help Promote there last few games. As for Medal of Honor, they had Linkin Park. Nuff-said.

5. They made there male Characters look to much like females, or something in the Reverse.

First Final Fantasy any part.
    http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../3/35/Reks.jpg

Now the Reverse from the new Medal of Honor game
    http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1839...g/original.jpg

And some kinda of an abomination child.
    http://i804.photobucket.com/albums/y...is/Uglykid.jpg

You decide.

I'm only putting this up so you guys can talk about it.
    Last edited by Ilostmyplace; 12-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.

One is an FPS that was never the top tier FPS, one is an rpg that used to be the top tier RPG but was supplanted by rpgs that are totaly different.
    Not the same situation really, FF is just going along the road it started in 10, which was a loved game, and tastes changed.
    Medal of Honor is trying to compete with a few series(...es?) that have a lot more money behiind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    One is an FPS that was never the top tier FPS, one is an rpg that used to be the top tier RPG but was supplanted by rpgs that are totaly different.
    Not the same situation really, FF is just going along the road it started in 10, which was a loved game, and tastes changed.
    Medal of Honor is trying to compete with a few series(...es?) that have a lot more money behiind them.
    You do know that it was Medal of Honor series help start both Call of Duty and Battlefield.

FF has always had more of a Japanese anime/manga influence in it's designs (Especially in the late 90s), hence the difference in the CG renders. They're not really going for uncanny valley style realism.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilostmyplace View Post
    You do know that it was Medal of Honor series help start both Call of Duty and Battlefield.
    When was medal of honor as big as Call of Duty?
    I mean, technically, Dragonquest started the console rpg, but in the west no one considers it the top game.

I actually liked some of the 3D Final Fantasies and even thought 12 was the best of them.

Meanwhile Medal of Honor is pretty much indistinguishable to me from all the other 'realistic' military shooters

Also...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    When was medal of honor as big as Call of Duty?
    I mean, technically, Dragonquest started the console rpg, but in the west no one considers it the top game.
    It's kind of hard to be the top rpg in a market that never saw a good 75% of your games.

Quote Originally Posted by Wjowski View Post
    I actually liked some of the 3D Final Fantasies and even thought 12 was the best of them.

Meanwhile Medal of Honor is pretty much indistinguishable to me from all the other 'realistic' military shooters

Also...

It's kind of hard to be the top rpg in a market that never saw a good 75% of your games.
    Well, 1-9 have now come out in america.
    1-4 all come out and were failures, enough so that enix closed it's american offices.
    7 was a late release so maybe it has an out, but it wasn't a big seller, 8 had a big push and wasn't a big seller.
    Technically, only 2 games from the series didn't come out here.
    And they have come out since.