View Poll Results: Will Storm's Coup be Successful?

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Her will alone will allow her to dominate the X-Men.

70 70.00%
  • Wolverine is going to hand her a fern and tell her to GTFO.

30 30.00%
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
    what doctor?
    Dr. of Anthropology with the jewfro.

A Goddess amongst mortals celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    IRRC Storms leadership was constantly undermined by Xavier and she felt out of her depth when she was given it and kept comparing herself to Cyclops. She only really stepped up after Mutant Massacre during the Outback era.

While I know this was meant as a strike against Storm, she actually came out of this exchange looking better than Xavier he seemed like an irrational over-protective father unable to see that his "children" no longer needed his heavy-handed way of guidance. She showed an maturity here calling him on his crap and then walking away realizing he was stuck in the role he'd become so attached to.

Quote Originally Posted by celestialbodies View Post
    While I know this was meant as a strike against Storm, she actually came out of this exchange looking better than Xavier he seemed like an irrational over-protective father unable to see that his "children" no longer needed his heavy-handed way of guidance. She showed an maturity here calling him on his crap and then walking away realizing he was stuck in the role he'd become so attached to.
    Agreed. Shooter failed big-time, and it ironically resulted in one of my favorite-ever moments of Storm's.

Where have I seen this phenomenon before...?
    'Yama

My Top 25 X-Men
    (most microes by Blanchett, who's awesome. Go see her stuff!)

BANNED

If it sold well, Shooter didn't fail. That was only ever his real goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    You seem to be missing the point. I never said Cyclops was a saint, and I've never been a big fan of his. Ask yourself what either of them have done for the X-Men and mutants in general for the last several years (pick six, for example). If you still land on the idea that Storm can come out of nowhere and assume leadership, then... I guess the bar for your leaders is set at a certain height?
    I think she can because she has a history of doing that whether that's with Xtreme, the XSE, I am just going off of established continuity.

As for the feats/leadership question: I don't know that winning fights equates to being a great leader.
    Missing the point much? Storm came up with plans, led her team to wins and then helped save the world, the universe... That's the point and of course winning fights points to good leadership. When two football teams are facing each other you don't assume the coach or qb are bad leaders when one side wins. Why would you say something different in comicbooks?

Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Storm managed to find approval with the World's Governments for the creation of a mutant police force, bringing the mutants and the humans to work closely together in what can only be perceived as another step towards Charles' Xavier dream of peaceful coexistance.

Summers isolated the remainders of mutantkind, nearly destroyed the world, set human-mutant relations back to the stone age and killed Charles Xavier.
    Keep telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    The idea is nice, but how did that play out? How was her leadership? What missions of peace and coexistence did they accomplish?
    Actually pretty great, she stopped interdimensional slave wring freeing people from around the world and other dimensions, stopped weapons from flooding the streets of the world from interstellar and planetary despots. Those are big wins when you think about it. It's like the United States removing loose nuclear material from poorer countries. The world was better off with more people free from slavery and less super technology guns in the hands of criminals.

Big ideas and leadership aren't congruent.
    But they are not dissimilar either. One feeds the other and the other creates goals and saves, or enhances lives.

Much of the general population thinks the Phoenix 5 did a lot of great work and regard Cyclops and the X-Men as celebrities. The rise in mutant hate is derived from the rise of mutants, and not necessarily the climax of AvX. Most recently, it's been pointed out in All New X-Men #4 and Cable and X-Force #2.
    They don't feel that way with Scott being locked up. they blame him and mutants for nearly destroying the world.

While I didn't agree with the isolationism and militarism of the X-Men at the time, his leadership got them through the darkest time in X-Men history and paved the road for the return of mutants.
    No it didn't. The X-men have been through more than what Scott went through in the last six years. Seriously the Dark Phoenix Saga was worse than what Scott had to deal with, Inferno was worse...

o

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    No it didn't. The X-men have been through more than what Scott went through in the last six years. Seriously the Dark Phoenix Saga was worse than what Scott had to deal with, Inferno was worse...

o
    Zero Tolerance was worse (in every conceivable way)

I smell a fight for leadership coming on.

That cover... Man, is Logan going to be the rebound guy or used to make T'Challa jealous?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilishRogue View Post
    I smell a fight for leadership coming on.

That cover... Man, is Logan going to be the rebound guy or used to make T'Challa jealous?
    I laughed so hard when I flipped through the A plus X issue Wednesday because right at the end of The Story of T'challa coming to some kind of ending to thier relationship, on the next page ther was Picture of Logan and Ororo kissing with Date night posted on it. It was in damn near every marvel book I read. Man Logan is Fuckin over Panther something fierce lol.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Man Logan is Fuckin over Panther something fierce lol.
    How is he doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    How come these common women from a small, insignificant country in Africa look beautiful compared to these royals?
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk38y7PwR31qz4d2k.jpg
    Western criteria of beauty. smdh
    What? do you need blood spattered on your faces to even feel alive anymore???
    ohsnapulon5000

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    How is he doing that?
    Exactly, didn't T'challa dump Storm?

o

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Exactly, didn't T'challa dump Storm?

o
    Even if he hadn't, Storm's choices are and should be written as her own. The notion that this is some kind of thing between Mr. Badger and Puss in Boots is a little sexist.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Storm managed to find approval with the World's Governments for the creation of a mutant police force, bringing the mutants and the humans to work closely together in what can only be perceived as another step towards Charles' Xavier dream of peaceful coexistance.

Summers isolated the remainders of mutantkind, nearly destroyed the world, set human-mutant relations back to the stone age and killed Charles Xavier.
    Which once again raises the question; why didn't Marvel have Storm set to be leader of the Uncanny Avengers? She clearly has better success in the field of humans and mutants working together than Havok.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Which once again raises the question; why didn't Marvel have Storm set to be leader of the Uncanny Avengers? She clearly has better success in the field of humans and mutants working together than Havok.
    because the people at marvel are idiots.

BANNED

because the people at marvel are idiots.
    the x-office just went out of their way to get storm back on lockdown. if you think they are letting anyone outside of x-men touch storm anytime soon, you're crazy.