View Poll Results: Will Storm's Coup be Successful?

Voters
100. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Her will alone will allow her to dominate the X-Men.

70 70.00%
  • Wolverine is going to hand her a fern and tell her to GTFO.

30 30.00%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deus ex Chris View Post
    I love both, but I am eager to hear what you have to say about buffoons, Mr. O'Reilly.
    I've made many threads documenting what clowns these two are.

Wallace Likes It That Way Deus ex Chris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I've made many threads documenting what clowns these two are.
    I'm aware, and I enjoy the irony every time you do it.

BANNED

I'm aware, and I enjoy the irony every time you do it.
    I know you enjoy it. Why else would you like Bendis' run? He's making both of them look like idiots.

Flawless leadership would likely make for some rather dull adventure stories, but that's comics..
    D@N, who would you prefer seeing as the leader of the X-Men?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Sonic View Post
    Flawless leadership would likely make for some rather dull adventure stories, but that's comics..
    D@N, who would you prefer seeing as the leader of the X-Men?
    Surge, Human Beast or the real Nightcrawler.

I know you enjoy it. Why else would you like Bendis' run? He's making both of them look like idiots.
    Bendis has nothing to do with the irony of your threads, but yes, I am enjoying the circus he's writing. It's been fun.

BANNED

Bendis has nothing to do with the irony of your threads, but yes, I am enjoying the circus he's writing. It's been fun.
    Don't worry, I "got" the personal insult. Anyway, he specifically seems to have an interest in making Storm look pompous and impotent in this series, which I suppose is a step up from the constant scenes of her being gassed, shot in the ass by lasers or lying on the floor in her own drool in his Avengers run.

although it's only a few issues in, I've been enjoying it too. And so far, I think he's done a good job of juggling such a large cast and giving each character good screentime.
    And the issue of leadership, or quality of leadership, has been a crucial aspect to so many of Bendis' tales. So much of his Avengers run centered around critical leadership failures by Stark, Cap, Clint, Cage, Osborn, et cetera. I imagine something similar will show itself in his X-Men work as well. Mostly because it makes for compelling tales. Comparing all this to Shakespeare, is silly, I know, but think of how dull Hamlet would have been had Hamlet himself had made only good decisions throughout the play...
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

BANNED

although it's only a few issues in, I've been enjoying it too. And so far, I think he's done a good job of juggling such a large cast and giving each character good screentime.
    And the issue of leadership, or quality of leadership, has been a crucial aspect to so many of Bendis' tales. So much of his Avengers run centered around critical leadership failures by Stark, Cap, Clint, Cage, Osborn, et cetera. I imagine something similar will show itself in his X-Men work as well. Mostly because it makes for compelling tales. Comparing all this to Shakespeare, is silly, I know, but think of how dull Hamlet would have been had Hamlet himself had made only good decisions throughout the play...
    What a stupid comparison. Hamlet made great decisions. His decisions aren't why it's a tragedy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    Scott Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeria Kementari View Post
    Summers isolated the remainders of mutantkind, nearly destroyed the world, set human-mutant relations back to the stone age and killed Charles Xavier.
    lmao he's not even a Cyclops fan and you two butthurt fanatics can't even help yourselves. Forever pressed.

What a stupid comparison. Hamlet made great decisions. His decisions aren't why it's a tragedy.
    what a stupid remark - Hamlet has been seen as the epitome of how ambivalence can negatively affect decision making. Walter Kaufman singles it out as the prime example of the ways in which an existential crisis can leave one effectively immobilized, unable to do the right thing...
    Are we even thinking of the same play?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Don't worry, I "got" the personal insult. Anyway, he specifically seems to have an interest in making Storm look pompous and impotent in this series, which I suppose is a step up from the constant scenes of her being gassed, shot in the ass by lasers or lying on the floor in her own drool in his Avengers run.
    It is a step up! Nice observation!

BANNED

what a stupid remark - Hamlet has been seen as the epitome of how ambivalence can negatively affect decision making. Walter Kaufman singles it out as the prime example of the ways in which an existential crisis can leave one effectively immobilized, unable to do the right thing...
    Are we even thinking of the same play?
    Hamlet is a tragedy not because of psychoanalytic ambivalence (an anachronism, btw), but because Hamlet realizes that his decisions don't matter at all. His epiphany is that the readiness is all. It's also a poor comparison because Hamlet has zero interest in leading, as do all of Shakespeare's young princes; whereas Storm wants to be a leader. Claremontian (classic) Storm existed in a world of pure will. If anything, Bendis Storm is comparable to Hamlet because none of her choices, her will, actually matters.

Hamlet is a tragedy not because of psychoanalytic ambivalence (an anachronism, btw), but because Hamlet realizes that his decisions don't matter at all. His epiphany is that the readiness is all. It's also a poor comparison because Hamlet has zero interest in leading, as do all of Shakespeare's young princes; whereas Storm wants to be a leader. Claremontian (classic) Storm existed in a world of pure will. If anything, Bendis Storm is comparable to Hamlet because none of her choices, her will, actually matters.
    Fascinating. That's a very astute observation on the matter. So Scott would be more akin to Prince Harry rather than Hamlet.
    But whatever, I'm not claiming to be a scholar of these things. I've only read the plays and seen them performed once or twice.
    The point that I was trying to make that being conflicted, not being perfect and having flaws is what makes characters like Storm or Cyclops or whomever interesting. It would be rather dull if any of these characters proved ideal, flawless leaders.
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    She also told that Doctor to get fucked and never speak to her again. Thanks for all the hard work doc, now gtfo.
    what doctor?