Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D." Pilot Fills Final Casting Slot

Joss Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D." pilot has rounded out its casting with the addition of "Nashville" actress Chloe Bennett who takes on the role of Skye, a young, intelligent woman with a bit of a superhero obsession.

Full article here.

she's hot. but on IMDB her last name's Wang, apparently. I guess she goes by both, sometimes.

Too many agents, we need more superheroes!

The show is S.H.I.E.L.D., not Heroes. While there will almost undoubtedly be some superhero presence, the heroes will not be the MAIN characters in the show. The S.H.I.E.L.D. agents will.

Whilst I have full faith in Whedon, I am kind of not too excited about how the castings gone. Obviously Im delighted Clark Gregg has signed on but I was holding out for a Whedon regular. I thought there would be at least one. Amy Acker would have been nice.

Oh, I did enjoy Iain De Caestecker in The Fades.
    Thor: God of Thunder, Indestructible Hulk, Deadpool, Captain Marvel, Avengers, Mighty Avengers, All-New X-Men

~Superior Schemer~ Artemis Assassin's Avatar

I'll give it a shot, but I'm not too sure how exiting it can be, it'd be great if they had someone like Scorpion or some famous HYDRA antagonists like the Viper etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis Assassin View Post
    I'll give it a shot, but I'm not too sure how exiting it can be, it'd be great if they had someone like Scorpion or some famous HYDRA antagonists like the Viper etc.
    Many spy series have managed to be very exciting without supervillains showing up...
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Well, considering the latest (I won't say last) casting announcement and the fact that the character is obsessed with Super-Heroes and super-hero culture, I expect we will see a few. And a few villains as well. Wouldn't it be cool if Henry Pym was introduced as someone working on ways of confining the super powered criminals and as the series goes on he shows off his own tech based ability, as Ant Man. And that could tie into the Ant Man movie where Scott Lang takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if Henry Pym was introduced as someone working on ways of confining the super powered criminals and as the series goes on he shows off his own tech based ability, as Ant Man. And that could tie into the Ant Man movie where Scott Lang takes over.
    No. Because it's Henry Pym, antropomorphic presonification of anti-cool.
    Seriously, Ant-Man? That's a lamer gimmick than Calendar Man.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."