Got Tickets for SDCC '15! Power Torch's Avatar

Default A few Questions about the Sonic Comics

Been wanting to start reading these, cause there has not been a good sonic game in a while, and I love the Sonic Universe, but I have some questions.

1) Which is better to pick up? Sonic The Hedgehog (the main series) or Sonic Universe? (I can only afford one right now, due to so many DC and Marvel comics lol)

and

2) Where is a good jumping on point for Sonic the main comic and/or Sonic Universe? Can I jump on now and be ok?

Also in case you care, I do plan to pick up the Sonic Archives (starting with 0) so I will be reading the old stuff at some point, but I want to start reading the new stuff now.

Thanks!
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

1. Well, you want to read the main series. Universe takes different glances at other characters in the series, there's a shadow arc, a knuckles arc, a tails arc, an eggman arc, sonic himself is rarely in universe. Plus Ian Flynn writes both series.

2. Well, you can jump on now, the thing about archie is that they mainly sell comics through subscriptions (both print and digital) so they aren't the best when it comes to trades, but they are dirt cheap. Now would be the time to start before the Mega Man crossover next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    1. Well, you want to read the main series. Universe takes different glances at other characters in the series, there's a shadow arc, a knuckles arc, a tails arc, an eggman arc, sonic himself is rarely in universe. Plus Ian Flynn writes both series.

2. Well, you can jump on now, the thing about archie is that they mainly sell comics through subscriptions (both print and digital) so they aren't the best when it comes to trades, but they are dirt cheap. Now would be the time to start before the Mega Man crossover next summer.
    Mega-man cross over? Sounds cool.

Ok, I think I am going to get the main Sonic Comic and get the issue for this month, since it seems to be the start to a new arc. Thanks for your help! Also what issues in Sonic Universe is the Tails arc? I am a big Tails fan lol.
    "I'm no KILLER, I merely prevent greedy individuals from despoiling the planet."
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3
    -Pulls:Dark Horse: Ghost, X, Captain Midnight, Blackout. (Check profile for DC).

Just picked up Sonic 243, loved it! And added it to my pull list. In case you guys wanted to know.

I still want to read Sonic Universe lol, so I may drop a comic to read it. lol
    -Poison Ivy;BoP#3